Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta be honest, I'd not really heard of Vicario before we were linked... didn't know anything about him......

......wait for it....

....here it comes.....

So I had to Guglielmo him! :roseunsure:
GIF by iHeartRadio

Everyone knows PL based players and Perisic. Are you being sarcastic? Pls don't.

So you knew Kulsevski before?? Or you knew Gil, Ndombele. Locleso, Dajuma, Porro, Clarke, Njie, Nkouda, Regulion, serge Aurier, Royal, Vicario ....etc? If you say yes, you are fibbing or you are an Italian dodgy agent working for Paratici.
Some of the names in the list were quite well known. Example Ndombele was well known for his exploits in the CL, Reguilon was known, even Serge.

But yes, Kulusevski wasnt very well known at all, unless you are really into Serie A. He'd started 30 odd games for Juventus in many years. Anyone who claims they knew all about Vicario before he came to spurs...supports a serie A team or...they are lying. His numbers are realy good though.

Some of the names in the list were quite well known. Example Ndombele was well known for his exploits in the CL, Reguilon was known, even Serge.

But yes, Kulusevski wasnt very well known at all, unless you are really into Serie A. He'd started 30 odd games for Juventus in many years. Anyone who claims they knew all about Vicario before he came to spurs...supports a serie A team or...they are lying. His numbers are realy good though.
One thing that makes me laugh about the “I don’t know him therefore he must be crap” crowd, is that if they were so correct in their view, then the club should shut down the scouting department.

If they are unearthing players that I am unaware of, I say GOOD. THAT’S THEIR FUCKING JOB 🤣

On Romero...perhaps we wouldn't need to worry about his Argentina trips or cuntshithousery penalizing us if he weren't at the club no more.

How some still call him world class/elite is beyond me.

Saudis come calling with a 60 mil offer, I'm driving him to Riyadh.
I suspect you'd drive our entire squad somewhere and look for super replacements on YouTube. Then moan that Getafe play in a farmer's league and drive them somewhere as well.

Remember when we didn't sign Bastoni and it was because he's an Inter fan and loves the club. Nothing to do with the fact we wouldn't pay what Inter wanted?

Tonali's dad is a Milan Ultra. Tonali said:

“I know what I did to get to this shirt, and I would never make the mistake of leaving. I know it’s hard, especially in football today, but I dream of becoming a Bandiera (legend) of Milan. And I will do everything to do so.”

Even took a pay cut to join Milan.

Funny what happens in football when you pay what the club wants...

On Romero...perhaps we wouldn't need to worry about his Argentina trips or cuntshithousery penalizing us if he weren't at the club no more.

How some still call him world class/elite is beyond me.

Saudis come calling with a 60 mil offer, I'm driving him to Riyadh.

He wasn't world class last season but put in some performances that were. Haaland had his way with every CB in the prem, except 1.

How some people look at the state of our defense and think the best idea would be to sell Romero, is so far beyond me, even the flat earthers can't see it anymore

Hotspur88 on SC had an absolute mare trying to get some clout by calling the Raya transfer as almost done a couple of days before the Vicario news broke, leaving him once again looking like a massive fucking helmet.

“I believe we have basically agreed a fee now. Much closer to 30m. This should be wrapped up this week 🤞

Followed by this lamentable attempt to cover all bases when PoK suggested we were moving away from Raya

“Not heard anything on this one to suggest things have changed. It's not to say things haven't, but the update I received a few days back were that a fee was almost agreed more towards the 30m mark. I was very confident that Raya would be our first signing but things do change. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

What a fucking fraud

ITK.jpg

Ok. Which four of you got banned there today?

:ange-hands-head:

75 people positive rated that

I hate our fans so much

:ange-hands-head::ange-blow:

Odd question for anyone to answer. I always laugh at how funny TFC bagging SC is.
Their ITK's are so full of rubbish.

If you're a season ticket holder and the guy next to you says he's a member on SC would you ask the club for a different seat at the end of the season?

:ange-blow:

One thing that makes me laugh about the “I don’t know him therefore he must be crap” crowd, is that if they were so correct in their view, then the club should shut down the scouting department.

If they are unearthing players that I am unaware of, I say GOOD. THAT’S THEIR FUCKING JOB 🤣
I don't mind admitting that I was all over the Raya transfer, didn't care too much about the fee or the one-year-left-on-contract thing.

I figured he was home-grown, settled in London, spoke good English and I'd seen him play a fair few times, and maybe a better bet than someone I'd never heard of and only seen on highlight reels backed by unlistenable third-rate techno.

So it seems that Vicario ticks all Raya's boxes minus those above (apart from me having seen him, I doubt Ange's team are too fussed about that) and our lot have figured that DR's advantages aren't worth an extra 24 million.

And I'm totally cool with that, how could you not be? Always assuming we've done our due diligence, not always a given at Spurs

It woudl be weird to say someone is shit when they havent watched them. But at the same time it would be silly to assume unknown players will be good, especially with our record of buying quite of lot of duds in the past few years.

Sorry, when you said "This is the level we can go after" I thought you meant Gvardiol mentioned in the previous paragraph. Now realise you meant Tapsoba. Glad we're on the same realistic page. :)

I'm still not expecting Tapsoba to happen. Initially didn't realize what he is to Levekeusen and that he has 3 years on his contract

More likely is he's too expensive and in a years time will end up going somewhere for 70m and everyone will be saying the same as we are about Gvardiol now.

Only thing is, I don't get why these links come out from the most reputable Spurs sources... They could easily squash a rumour via Ally Gold if they know the price is outside their range.

I'm still not expecting Tapsoba to happen. Initially didn't realize what he is to Levekeusen and that he has 3 years on his contract

More likely is he's too expensive and in a years time will end up going somewhere for 70m and everyone will be saying the same as we are about Gvardiol now.

Only thing is, I don't get why these links come out from the most reputable Spurs sources... They could easily squash a rumour via Ally Gold if they know the price is outside their range.
I guess they don't do that because it would likely become a slippery slope - if the club effectively moves to deny any story that's untrue / unlikely, then they would get stuck having to do so forever, on every made-up story that comes out of anywhere. Though I do appreciate that someone like AG could tentatively steer fans away from the unlikely incomings in order to save frustration when it doesn't happen, if that's what you mean. I guess none of us really know with AG how much of what he says comes from the club, how much comes from other 'sources', and how much is his own opinion or at least subjective analysis of what has actually been said...

Remember when we didn't sign Bastoni and it was because he's an Inter fan and loves the club. Nothing to do with the fact we wouldn't pay what Inter wanted?

Tonali's dad is a Milan Ultra. Tonali said:

“I know what I did to get to this shirt, and I would never make the mistake of leaving. I know it’s hard, especially in football today, but I dream of becoming a Bandiera (legend) of Milan. And I will do everything to do so.”

Even took a pay cut to join Milan.

Funny what happens in football when you pay what the club wants...

Challenge set ENIC.

Sign legit top shelf players if you want top shelf prizes.

This isn't a dig at Vicario, still think that's a great signing, it's dig at Levy and all that bullshit with not getting Bastoni last year and the bullshit they will undoubtedly pull with CB targets this summer.

It woudl be weird to say someone is shit when they havent watched them. But at the same time it would be silly to assume unknown players will be good, especially with our record of buying quite of lot of duds in the past few years.
Tbf they aren’t saying the player is shit, they’re just annoyed that the club didn’t go for a big name that they’ve heard of before.

It just gets annoying since none of us really know what’s going on and there’s way more thought put into these signings then they give credit.

There’s nothing wrong with being underwhelmed and a bit cautious, it’s just the endless complaining that’s annoying.

I guess they don't do that because it would likely become a slippery slope - if the club effectively moves to deny any story that's untrue / unlikely, then they would get stuck having to do so forever, on every made-up story that comes out of anywhere. Though I do appreciate that someone like AG could tentatively steer fans away from the unlikely incomings in order to save frustration when it doesn't happen, if that's what you mean. I guess none of us really know with AG how much of what he says comes from the club, how much comes from other 'sources', and how much is his own opinion or at least subjective analysis of what has actually been said...

They did with Nagelsmann....

Most likely reason is they don't mind the marketing value of being linked with players of that profile, even if they have no intent to sign them.

Back
Top Bottom