Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Challenge set ENIC.

Sign legit top shelf players if you want top shelf prizes.

This isn't a dig at Vicario, still think that's a great signing, it's dig at Levy and all that bullshit with not getting Bastoni last year and the bullshit they will undoubtedly pull with CB targets this summer.

Depressing really.

He's a good player. Strong, so I suspect he will do well. He's not exceptional, but I don't expect him to struggle.

Just better get used to it. Newcastle. Fuck me.

Shearer will be unbearable.

Challenge set ENIC.

Sign legit top shelf players if you want top shelf prizes.

This isn't a dig at Vicario, still think that's a great signing, it's dig at Levy and all that bullshit with not getting Bastoni last year and the bullshit they will undoubtedly pull with CB targets this summer.

---------------Tonali---------------
--Guimares------Joelinton------

is an immense midfield 3 tbf.

It’s getting a bit boring now.

Fans complaining because a player who’s been hyped to them isn’t coming to the club even though most of them don’t know how to properly assess and valuate them anyway.

So long as there's some kind of angle to exploit as a means to slag the owners off then that's what takes priority for some.......

Thankfully; I can see plenty of people here who, - despite not being enamored with the owners (and commonly critical of them) - are prepared to consider the potential up-side of (eg) Vicario.... Even if the most miserable, tunnel-visioned here will cast them to suit as "low standard" members of a "levy-loving" cult.

We saw exactly this during the Kane/City debacle...... Even if you were not pro-ENIC (which is barely a thing anyway!); unless you hated ENIC as much as they; they'd keenly spit "ENIC-fan" rhetoric on you regardless.

Last edited:
But the Athletic article does point out his significant weaknesses too. This is quite a risk, we need to be honest about that.
Sure, pretty much any player is going to come in with some weaknesses, so there’s an inherent risk in any one of them. We could go with Raya with proven PL experience and he could shit the bed with us. Vicario could be a dumpster fire or he could be brilliant.

Since I don’t believe anyone here is also an avid Empoli fan we’re all just going off of stats, videos, and comments from other people. I knew literally nothing about him but I like what I’ve seen and heard so far, so I’m okay with us taking a risk on him. We are fully in a rebuild phase so I’m fully prepared that we aren’t going to go throwing around cash for bigger names.

seeing them sign quality in one window in the cl is utterly depressing
Depressing really.

He's a good player. Strong, so I suspect he will do well. He's not exceptional, but I don't expect him to struggle.

I don't think Tonali makes them go up a level in terms of their single game, starting 11 , just a bit deeper when it comes to doing what they do. Makes them harder to beat.

The real talent to push them on will be wide forwards and they might need CL again next season to get them. Still see them struggling this season a bit.

Remember when we didn't sign Bastoni and it was because he's an Inter fan and loves the club. Nothing to do with the fact we wouldn't pay what Inter wanted?

Tonali's dad is a Milan Ultra. Tonali said:

“I know what I did to get to this shirt, and I would never make the mistake of leaving. I know it’s hard, especially in football today, but I dream of becoming a Bandiera (legend) of Milan. And I will do everything to do so.”

Even took a pay cut to join Milan.

Funny what happens in football when you pay what the club wants...
Milan and Inter are not the same or did you not see why Paolo Maldini got fired last week? This sale happening is a direct result of that.

Odd question for anyone to answer. I always laugh at how funny TFC bagging SC is.
Their ITK's are so full of rubbish.

If you're a season ticket holder and the guy next to you says he's a member on SC would you ask the club for a different seat at the end of the season?

:ange-blow:
I'd tell him my story of how I pointed out on their forum that one of their saintly ITK number was translating stories from Marca (before they had an English site) and how I was immediately banned for "playing the man, not the ball". If he failed to see the funny side I'd call a steward and accuse him of trans-racist homophobic misogyny and Laugh Out Loud as he was led off in tears

It woudl be weird to say someone is shit when they havent watched them. But at the same time it would be silly to assume unknown players will be good, especially with our record of buying quite of lot of duds in the past few years.

It would be, but that's not the prevalent phenomena here mate.......

To the credit of most casting an opinion and expectation; there's been a commendable degree of research of Vicaro being shared and discussed here.... Some just aren't into that though and are just eagerly and predictably declaring "cheap punt; bald cunt.....".

Remember when we didn't sign Bastoni and it was because he's an Inter fan and loves the club. Nothing to do with the fact we wouldn't pay what Inter wanted?

Tonali's dad is a Milan Ultra. Tonali said:

“I know what I did to get to this shirt, and I would never make the mistake of leaving. I know it’s hard, especially in football today, but I dream of becoming a Bandiera (legend) of Milan. And I will do everything to do so.”

Even took a pay cut to join Milan.

Funny what happens in football when you pay what the club wants...

There were a few clubs interested in Bastoni, Chelsea included, but he flat refused to leave. Yes Levy is tight in lots of cases but Bastoni just didn't want to move anywhere last summer.

Oh I agree. I want him gone. I just suspect we can’t get rid of them all and Dier is the one that’ll hang on…
Yeah i just dont see who buys Dier. He isnt going to want to go to a Bournemouth or similar in the prem and generally prem clubs have got wise to buying players on the slide. Maybe abroad, back to Portugal perhaps but it would have to be a small fee. Like you i think theres a good chance he'll be 4th centre back mainly by default. At least its only 12 more months before his contract is up.

Depressing really.

What’s depressing? it’s a wild overpayment. They’ve signed the Italian Jordan Henderson. He suits what Howe wants but let’s not go overboard here.

Maignan, Theo Hernandez, Rafael Leao are 3 players who I’d be fearful of if a prem rival signed them. Not the one who was fighting for his life vs Pape Matar Sarr.

Inter were in big trouble financially last season too.

You are reaching if you think a serious offer wouldn't have got Bastoni last year.

Why wouldn't Levy have paid the 50 mill to get Bastoni when he has paid 60 mill for Ndombele, 60 mill for Richarlison. The Bastoni fee was well within our reach but the player didn't want to go anywhere. What's so hard to understand, and I'm no Levy apologist, but in this case you are using the wrong example to prove your point.

Inter were in big trouble financially last season too.

You are reaching if you think a serious offer wouldn't have got Bastoni last year.
He genuinely did not want to move. He had a baby on the way and Italians are just as bad as the English for not wanting to play outside of their homeland. You don’t think Paratici tried?

For me I consider both Dybala and Lautauro bullets dodged.

Back
Top Bottom