Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this sounds a bit Ben Davies like don't you think? A young british full back who had a decent season at Swansea and we all thought would be our main left back and decent cover for Rose. Credit to Rose for playing the way he has but Davies has been quite frankly dogshit to put it mildly.

I don't know much about this trippier so someone enlighten me please if you have better Knowledge? It all makes sense in the price department but do we really need another " squad" player infesting our team? Surely we want to get rid of our deadwood?
i actually think davies would be good if he were given a good run in the team. i think walker is injury prone now so we need another RB. who could we get thats better? but i agree with u about we need to be careful not to just get more squad players. we need 1s who improve our starting 11.

Trippier would be a third of the price of Davies and bought with the intention to be a back up to Walker.

Considering the number of games that we had to play Chiriches at RB this season and that Dier prefers to play CB, we need a reliable backup RB for Walker. This is an intelligent depth purchase, not like the times where we buy our 7th CM despite not having any CM worthy of being first choice.
Also for what we got Davies for, the way he has pushed Rose to the form he's recently been in it's more than worth it. For £3.5 million if he gets the best out of Walker it'll be worth it!

Trippier would be a third of the price of Davies and bought with the intention to be a back up to Walker.

Considering the number of games that we had to play Chiriches at RB this season and that Dier prefers to play CB, we need a reliable backup RB for Walker. This is an intelligent depth purchase, not like the times where we buy our 7th CM despite not having any CM worthy of being first choice.

Yes I understand that but Kyle walker is not good enough mate. He's hasn't been good enough for years and I personally don't rate him. So say we buy this trippier as back up then we haven't really improved as we are still stuck with Kyle walker at right back. I want a player of quality like Clyne who will come in and actually take Walkers place rather than be a back up. Sorry guys but very underwhelmed by this trippier link

Yes I understand that but Kyle walker is not good enough mate. He's hasn't been good enough for years and I personally don't rate him. So say we buy this trippier as back up then we haven't really improved as we are still stuck with Kyle walker at right back. I want a player of quality like Clyne who will come in and actually take Walkers place rather than be a back up. Sorry guys but very underwhelmed by this trippier link
I feel that Trippier will do just as well as Dier at least as right back (and as a more complete full back of course. He has excellent ball control and ability to early cross and long pass). All the while allowing Dier to concentrate on his duty as center back. From just that, I'm pretty satisfied.

There's a rumor that Levy doesn't want MS anymore because he is trying to push in a buy out clause for CL teams that activates if we don't make it to the CL.
yeh that actually is believable. he could easily get in a CL team so that is a big stumbling block for us.

A healthy Walker is more than good enough to be our starting RB and the club clearly sees it that way as well. We could never get Clyne anyway due to price and the inevitable interest of bigger clubs.

I feel that Trippier will do just as well as Dier at least as right back (and as a more complete full back of course. He has excellent ball control and ability to early cross and long pass). All the while allowing Dier to concentrate on his duty as center back. From just that, I'm pretty satisfied.
good points. i can just him crossing balls right on to kanes head. also we have to be careful that we dont hinder diers development as a CB. utd messed about with jones a lot by playing him in various positions. so he hasnt improved much at CB in years.

Last edited:

I wish Dier had the other attributes to be a winger as he's got hell of a cross on him

I'm glad that we are linked with Trippier ...

He caught my eye in his previous championship season. I wanted him last year, but we then signed Yedlin. And this Summer, I thought he would be bound to sign for United or even back to City ( ... I think they would get a portion of the fee if he's sold).

Trippier is a sweet crosser and works his ass off. Even though it was in a lower league, he had a pretty decent number of assists to him in his last Championship season (14, I believe). Ings and him had a good combo going on - Maybe the same can happen along with Kane?

This is him in this past season, which was solid if not spectacular:

CFXVEfmWoAAGFBL.png

index.php

[QUOTE="JDK, post:. We could never get Clyne anyway due to price and the inevitable interest of bigger clubs.[/QUOTE]
Bigger clubs ????..Do you mean more ambitious clubs?

Clynes contract runs out next summer. He wouldn't be any more expensive then what we signed Davies for in my opinion. I do feel he will leave though, perhaps to Man Utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom