Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the rumours like Trippier that pop up out of nowhere that make good sense. Seems very likely.

We get a back up RB that has prem experience for 3.5M, he either makes it into first team or is a solid back up for Walker and pushes him on in the way Davies has for Rose. Then when/if Yedlin is ready, the decision is made who leaves. Either way, who ever leaves out of Walker, Trippier or Yedlin its for a profit 99/100.

The thing that stands out to me about Trippier is he has a wicked cross and his workrate is fucking superb. If we get him maybe he can talk to Ings too, it's nice as it seems where going for players that will do a good job compared to a superstar that would have a stupid amount of pressure on him to perform.

Wouldn't mind Trippier at all. Solid back up, relatively young, and homegrown.

Walker is starting to look decidedly injury prone. There's no guarantees on what we'll get out of Yedlin and he's so cheap it hardly matters. Walker-Peters looks superb but he's barely 18 and super skinny. He's going to need a few years to mature in all likelihood.

Agreed, he's an experienced Premier league RB and he may not have blinding pace, but he can actually deliver a decent ball in. Our defense has been disastrous and needs sorted out.

It's Trippier's day!
51U30c00YiL.jpg

Most Chances Created In 2015

Silva 56
Hazard 44
Ozil 40
Coutinho 39
Puncheon 38
Trippier 38
Navas 37
Eriksen 35
Elmohamady 34

Not too bad for a team that spent most of the game defending.

For me this sounds a bit Ben Davies like don't you think? A young british full back who had a decent season at Swansea and we all thought would be our main left back and decent cover for Rose. Credit to Rose for playing the way he has but Davies has been quite frankly dogshit to put it mildly.

I don't know much about this trippier so someone enlighten me please if you have better Knowledge? It all makes sense in the price department but do we really need another " squad" player infesting our team? Surely we want to get rid of our deadwood?

For me this sounds a bit Ben Davies like don't you think? A young british full back who had a decent season at Swansea and we all thought would be our main left back and decent cover for Rose. Credit to Rose for playing the way he has but Davies has been quite frankly dogshit to put it mildly.

I don't know much about this trippier so someone enlighten me please if you have better Knowledge? It all makes sense in the price department but do we really need another " squad" player infesting our team? Surely we want to get rid of our deadwood?

Trippier would be a third of the price of Davies and bought with the intention to be a back up to Walker.

Considering the number of games that we had to play Chiriches at RB this season and that Dier prefers to play CB, we need a reliable backup RB for Walker. This is an intelligent depth purchase, not like the times where we buy our 7th CM despite not having any CM worthy of being first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom