Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth remembering that Onomah and Winks are pushing through to the first team and that any new first teamers would stifle their development in the long term. Considering Poch seems to like them seems unlikely he would do that.

suarez-zbog-cerkice-koja-obozava-superheroje-pogotke-proslavljam-kao-hulk.jpg

Yeah, look at him, he looks like 6ft of pure muscle, doesn't he....really? He's slight and he's small.

Doesn't really look slight or small tbh

Dier has exceeded expectations thusfar, but I would feel much more secure with another trustworthy option there, especially if Mason and Alli are going to spend time up front.

My whole thing with this this is that I think that Toby's backup should be Dier. If Dier has to shift back to CB that forces us to go with Bentaleb at the moment as Dembele is injured.

I've been saying that I think that our biggest hole is DM the entire time. Yes, we absolutely need a striker, but Poch was correct in saying that we still have options that we can play there. DM is pretty thin at the moment.

I've been saying that I think that our biggest hole is DM the entire time. Yes, we absolutely need a striker, but Poch was correct in saying that we still have options that we can play there. DM is pretty thin at the moment.

We have bodies that we can throw there, but no one who can give us anything in terms of holding the ball up on the counter and being a presence in the box on crosses and corners. That's an unforgivable place for a team with Spurs' resources to be in.

My whole thing with this this is that I think that Toby's backup should be Dier. If Dier has to shift back to CB that forces us to go with Bentaleb at the moment as Dembele is injured.

love to see wanyama in DM.

CM with defensive attributes might be pretty thin, but CM's aren't.

Carol, Alli, Dembele, Bentaleb, Mason, Onomah, Winks, Dier.

Begs the question if we even play with a DM (I don't think we do) and if you think we do it leads us on to the question of why we have no DM's out of 8 CM's. Either:

A) We don't play with a DM
B) We do and Poch is an idiot for selling every DM we have
C) We do and Levy isn't giving Poch what he wants

Take your pick. From what I've seen and how every DM has been treated (Sandro, Capoue, Stambouli even Dembele being moved) I think A is the most likely.

Begs the question if we even play with a DM (I don't think we do) and if you think we do it leads us on to the question of why we have no DM's out of 8 CM's. Either:

Take your pick. From what I've seen and how every DM has been treated (Sandro, Capoue, Stambouli even Dembele being moved) I think A is the most likely.

Poch definitely plays his setup with a DM.

It doesn't have to be some kind of pure destroyer but we were bleeding goals last year, which I don't think the talent of our back 4 and GK reflects (especially with the dramatic improvement from Rose). Even if you quibble over who is a true "DM" we need someone who at least makes a priority out of shielding the back 4 and helping them to be on the front foot, and is capable of doing so. In fact, we have been playing with a clear cut "DM" this year in Dier. While he's done a job, I don't think we can just hand him the keys after 4 decent games against average competition (ManU included).

Cant even sort out a loan for Lamela in time....Yep, deadline day is a great time to move on things.

Tick Tock

"we are happy with the squad and have 16 people that can play striker, if need be. The manager has always rated Adebayor too, he's a good lad. And the academy....look at Kane....the academy lads are all going to be Kane's too. The stadium, its futuristic....big me up, its got a kop, and the training facilites are world class. Time ran out, but we didnt need players anyway. Striker and DM was too obvious so I fooled the other teams by buying two wingers (my 3rd choices as an even deeper decoy) But dont worry, because the manager wont play them anyway as I signed them above his head. Probably sack him soon anyway. That Ranieri bloke is doing ok."
Levy

To go. Hopefully it'll be a busy one with some key out goings & a couple of in comings

Yes, I know the likelihood is that nothing will happen

Pretty ready for this all to be done. I'll be disappointed if we don't get anyone today but really I'm just looking forward to getting back to talking and thinking just about football. The transfer window is just so exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom