Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today's performance I don't think there is a lot more we need this window

The defence looked solid today. No silly mistakes, Lloris was class as ever. Jan and Toby looked comfortable together, Rose was outstanding and Walker played well. If we can keep them all fit then I think we will be good in that department with the sufficent cover we have.

Dier was immense today. If it wasn't for Howard then he'd of been MOTM. Great tackling, cut out passes and distributed well. Bentaleb looked back to himself. Dembele was positive before his injury. Mason looked good in the CAM role, made good runs and gave good options. Chadli always looked a threat. Alli played well. With Eriksen, Son and Njie to come in then we have plenty of cover here. Wanyama would be a bonus, but I'm happy with Dier at CDM.

Kane looked bright again. Good runs, linked up well with the midfield. Obviously lacking a bit of confidence.

If we're gonna add to anywhere then it has to be a striker. Then I'm happy.

the sooner n'jie and son can get in team the better our wide players are our biggest weakness,they don't offer enough going forward in my opinion. chadli is good off the ball making runs etc and good finisher but dosen't put opposition under much threat, when he has ball dosen't take them on with any real conviction. dembele is better defensivly but no cutting edge. full backs need to offer more too. dier looks very good in middle but don't know if its still his best position for future.

Chronic lack of creativity in our team. We have scored 3 goals in 4 games. Dier is not the base of anybody's top team. We are crying out for a Deep laying play maker & a striker. If not two unless Son is immense ( which he's not )

Chronic lack of creativity in our team. We have scored 3 goals in 4 games. Dier is not the base of anybody's top team. We are crying out for a Deep laying play maker & a striker. If not two unless Son is immense ( which he's not )
Woolwich have scored 3 goals in 4 games. We didn't lack creativity today (and we were without Eriksen too) - we just couldn't finish.

Dare I say we are sorted at dm? Dier was immense today motm for me.! Bring in a striker and I think we are sorted. Disapointing result but our defence was air tight. Hopefully this Korean and Cameroonian geezers can add something in final third.

Also Alli Needs to start he is every fucking where top drawer footballer

Please, tell me on what basis you think Son won't be?

I'm sick of all the negative and abusive 'fans' on here. Before our new players have kicked a ball you are already putting them down. Is your life that sad and pathetic that you wish failure on the team?

Some people on here clearly don't have any football knowledge at all. You probably just see the results on Sky and make up your own conclusion on what happened.

We get linked with a player and you automatically strike them down as not good enough.. Hernandez for example. People say he isn't good enough yet he was on loan at Madrid last season and is playing for Man Utd. He's defintely good enough for us.

If you're that pessimistic about Tottenham then please just fuck off.

I'm not but I wish i was... a british pound is like R$5.5 (brazilian reais) nowadays.
Probably the guy who said he's shit is a Corinthians' supporter who simply hate him. They were eliminated in 2013's Copa do Brasil because he lost a penalty trying to do what we call "cavadinha"

First of all, the only team I support is the one and only Tottenham Hotspur. Second, the Brazilian national league is incredibly weak so him doing great in there means fuck all.

When it comes to football, Brazil is stuck in the past. We have outdated tactics, poor coaching, a talentless generation (Besides Neymar) and a weak league. I'm not falling for all the hype our media creates for any player. We are shit.

Now going back to Pato. I still think he is a HUGE gamble even for the price. His injuries could come back at any moment and he isn't good enough for a top league like the BPL. FFS Soldado played on a stronger league and he had a better goalscoring record and look how it turned out.

:vdvshh:

Please, tell me on what basis you think Son won't be?

I'm sick of all the negative and abusive 'fans' on here. Before our new players have kicked a ball you are already putting them down. Is your life that sad and pathetic that you wish failure on the team?

Some people on here clearly don't have any football knowledge at all. You probably just see the results on Sky and make up your own conclusion on what happened.

We get linked with a player and you automatically strike them down as not good enough.. Hernandez for example. People say he isn't good enough yet he was on loan at Madrid last season and is playing for Man Utd. He's defintely good enough for us.

If you're that pessimistic about Tottenham then please just fuck off.
Fair point, I should in fairness give the guy a chance. It's not obvious that a lack of language will prevent him from excelling to the level required. While it has clearly affected many players before ( eg. Pav or Lamela ) it may not prove to be a barrier to success.

I think suggesting I am being someway "abusive" is excessive, certainly I was not aiming to abuse anyone. Unlike what you have chosen to do in your retort. If you wish for a background check I am a 25 year Season ticket holder & have even been to Away games ! I would not consider myself to have a Sad life, but hey I may not be as exciting as you TOP GUN!

As for saying "please fuck off" no need for that on any level. But thanks for at least asking politely. ATB

Last edited:
Fair point, I should in fairness give the guy a chance. It's not obvious that a lack of language will prevent him from excelling to the level required. While it has clearly affected many players before ( eg. Pav or Lamela ) it may not prove to be a barrier to success.

I think suggesting I am being someway "abusive" is excessive, certainly I was not aiming to abuse anyone.

As for saying "please fuck off" no need for that on any level. But thanks for at least asking politely.

Apologies, it wasn't aimed directly at you. I think I was asking a question related to your post then just saw red.

:adebaehug: come here pal. Let's not fall out.

Last edited:
Dier is starting to look amazing in midfield. Was helped by Everton being not that good, but a terrific performance nonetheless. Only concern I have is that he can turn out to be a world class centreback and we are potentially losing somebody who can be a mainstay in the team like King due to a positional shift. His tackling is out of the world most of the time. This has not been a great start to the season for Spurs and I hope Levy and ENIC pull their heads out of their arses and make up messing the start of season by signing someone really good for the team! You can see how passionate the supporters are despite the team not performing well, time for the board to give something back for once!
Ledley started in midfield...didn't do him any harm.

Today has made me realise that we really do need Berahino more than an Austin type striker.

Personally I think he'll wander outside through lack of movement from others ( & frustration) I think we need someone who Is out & out direct , someone who is only interested in goals á la Klinsmann

Hmmm ... Look at that. Wasn't there ITK a couple of days ago about Witsel? Either that and there's something in this, or it's that the Telegraph people just browse Tottenham forums for making up news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom