Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he cost Zenit €40,000,000? - I don't think we'll be signing Witsel at all.

With the Ruble tanking and the new laws limiting how many foreign players teams can have (Putin's brainchild) the Russian teams are in a rough spot negotiating wise. Not to say we'll get Witsel but I'm pretty certain they would sell him at a loss.

No wins in 4 and but I'm extremely encouraged with the lads so far this season. I'm sure to be accused of being a happy clapper but despite the last 12 minutes against Stoke I think our defence looks more solid and it's got genuine depth.

Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul and even Capoue at one point were the back ups.

Trippier, Wimmer, Davies and Fazio have all gotta be considered stronger. Plus we can add Dier to that.

We have got Son and N'Jie to add to a squad which contains home grown talent. Pritch, Alli, Bentaleb. Kane will get amongst the goals again, Rose is looking transformed. Dier is learning and I really think he will be an England regular one day.

I think we will sign Berahino still, if not I'm sure we are looking at other options. Left out the squad AGAIN. He will complete an exciting and young looking squad with bags of English talent and a world away to the passengers we were collecting over the last two years.

Future. Bright. Lillywhite.

:allitongue:

No wins in 4 and but I'm extremely encouraged with the lads so far this season. I'm sure to be accused of being a happy clapper but despite the last 12 minutes against Stoke I think our defence looks more solid and it's got genuine depth.

Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul and even Capoue at one point were the back ups.

Trippier, Wimmer, Davies and Fazio have all gotta be considered stronger. Plus we can add Dier to that.

We have got Son and N'Jie to add to a squad which contains home grown talent. Pritch, Alli, Bentaleb. Kane will get amongst the goals again, Rose is looking transformed. Dier is learning and I really think he will be an England regular one day.

I think we will sign Berahino still, if not I'm sure we are looking at other options. Left out the squad AGAIN. He will complete an exciting and young looking squad with bags of English talent and a world away to the passengers we were collecting over the last two years.

Future. Bright. Lillywhite.

:allitongue:
I agree. We created plenty today. The worry was not taking the chances - everyone seemed to snatch at them. Whilst the squad needs another central striker not winning today was nothing to do with that as the players missing are all normally capable finishers. Looking forward to the injection of pace out wide that Son and Njie will bring.

Before today, if we were to make only one more signing I probably would have said make it a CDM before a striker, but Diers performances and (I know I am contradicting myself slightly!) the need for someone to put the ball in the back of the net I think I would say more a striker and even more I am thinking Austin.

Striker and CDM would be better, but I am dreaming if I think that is likely!

I agree. We created plenty today. The worry was not taking the chances - everyone seemed to snatch at them. Whilst the squad needs another central striker not winning today was nothing to do with that as the players missing are all normally capable finishers. Looking forward to the injection of pace out wide that Son and Njie will bring.

Before today, if we were to make only one more signing I probably would have said make it a CDM before a striker, but Diers performances and (I know I am contradicting myself slightly!) the need for someone to put the ball in the back of the net I think I would say more a striker and even more I am thinking Austin.

Striker and CDM would be better, but I am dreaming if I think that is likely!
If we would've started with Eriksen at CAM we would've won easily me thinks. Mason just isn't as composed in front of goal, which is to be expected.

First of all, the only team I support is the one and only Tottenham Hotspur. Second, the Brazilian national league is incredibly weak so him doing great in there means fuck all.

When it comes to football, Brazil is stuck in the past. We have outdated tactics, poor coaching, a talentless generation (Besides Neymar) and a weak league. I'm not falling for all the hype our media creates for any player. We are shit.

Now going back to Pato. I still think he is a HUGE gamble even for the price. His injuries could come back at any moment and he isn't good enough for a top league like the BPL. FFS Soldado played on a stronger league and he had a better goalscoring record and look how it turned out.

:vdvshh:

I dont rate him as a "HUGE gamble" for £7m. He's still young and as a brazilian striker even if he doesnt turn out good in the BPL there'll be teams that would buy him in minor leagues like the chinese. :paulinhobored:

Finally, sorry about calling you a corinthians' supporter :pochbye:

Hmmm ... Look at that. Wasn't there ITK a couple of days ago about Witsel? Either that and there's something in this, or it's that the Telegraph people just browse Tottenham forums for making up news.

Didn't he cost Zenit €40,000,000? - I don't think we'll be signing Witsel at all.
Not saying it will happen but Zenit have to get rid some foreign players, they have 9 atm whilst only being allowed to play 6 at a time

They also want to sign moutinho

Last edited:
Yep and I reckon it's €11m vs £25m so a huge difference. Let's face it, £8m ish does not come with a weight of expectation like £15-25m and, we all know it's a punt that could be brilliant or might end up not paying off. However, much worse punts can be made in that bracket of fee, we've made a few and several for far more!

He only needs to have an odd mercurial moment here and there and play Europa and cup games to be worth it to us for resting Harry. Anything more than that and we'd be laughing .
it seems pointless having scouts if we are reduced to this. serious lack of ambition right there.

Hmmm ... Look at that. Wasn't there ITK a couple of days ago about Witsel? Either that and there's something in this, or it's that the Telegraph people just browse Tottenham forums for making up news.

Witsel 'wants Milan,' but Juve...
By Football Italia staff

“It all depends on Milan now. The player went personally to speak to the Zenit President and asked to be sold. He was given the all-clear.

“The lad wants to come to Milan and if the Rossoneri want him then he’s ready to arrive in Italy tomorrow.

“It would be a loan for €3m with mandatory option to buy once the player made 20 appearances. The option would be €22m-€23m plus a few bonuses.”

However, the same figures apply to Juventus

it seems pointless having scouts if we are reduced to this. serious lack of ambition right there.

Agree, I think we're bang average overall and 3 days away from the close of the window I've been made as desperate as Levy would like me to be; grateful for anything.

I dont rate him as a "HUGE gamble" for £7m. He's still young and as a brazilian striker even if he doesnt turn out good in the BPL there'll be teams that would buy him in minor leagues like the chinese. :paulinhobored:

Finally, sorry about calling you a corinthians' supporter :pochbye:

I think the transfer fee isn't and won't be the biggest problem like you said. I'm worried about his wages. We should stop raising our wage bill with overpayed overrated average players. There are better options out there within our reach.

But hey as long as you don't call me a woolwich supporter we are cool.

:adebaehug:

:avbfu:
:adebaehug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom