Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to be honest, not one to interest me.

If he came in the great, wish him all the best and that but its not exciting or interesting in the least to me.

Have to be honest, not one to interest me.

If he came in the great, wish him all the best and that but its not exciting or interesting in the least to me.

It's all relative anyway. There are several players at several positions I think should be certainly prioritized over an acquisition such as Milner, but I do think he'd be quite useful to the squad in another transitional season.

Milner would be a decent signing, but until we've got a manager in who knows what style and personnel he needs then I'd rather we bought or sold no-one*

* Except Rose, he sucks.

Milner has impressed me this season but I concur with the general opinion that it doesn't inspire very much.

I haven't the knowledge of European football that I once did so whenever I hear of this player or that from the continent, unless they are quite obviously a well known player I am completely lost, which limits the pool of players I can consider for our team.

Any relatively unheard of mainland players people consider well worth a look at?

Milner has impressed me this season but I concur with the general opinion that it doesn't inspire very much.

I haven't the knowledge of European football that I once did so whenever I hear of this player or that from the continent, unless they are quite obviously a well known player I am completely lost, which limits the pool of players I can consider for our team.

Any relatively unheard of mainland players people consider well worth a look at?

Just to test the waters of your knowledge, are you familiar with Konoplyanka?

I take it we've stopped talking about left backs as it's a blatant?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't people come to the conclusion an old, experienced left back for Rose to learn from was the best option? It's quite obvious Rose has ability and he's not been helped by the complete lack of cover at some points this season so I think he can still make it. I also think his deficiencies have been vastly over exaggerated at times and has looked good with a proper left midfielder in front of him e.g. Chadli.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't people come to the conclusion an old, experienced left back for Rose to learn from was the best option? It's quite obvious Rose has ability and he's not been helped by the complete lack of cover at some points this season so I think he can still make it. I also think his deficiencies have been vastly over exaggerated at times and has looked good with a proper left midfielder in front of him e.g. Chadli.

Absolutely agreed. I think there are better LB's available for cheap that we should pursue as an upmost priority, but the boy's faults have been more than exaggerated by a lack of cover from the LW and the absurdly high back line in combination with our predictable and inefficient possession in midfield.

That having been said, his passing and crossing has got to see significant improvement if he's ever going to make it at Spurs or another top half club. People tend to harp on his defensive fallbacks a lot, but I think his greatest weaknesses lie in his play over the ball. He loses the ball far too easily in easily exposed positions (this also could be argued as isn't helped by not having an actual winger and having too static of a midfield), and his crosses are just nothing short of atrocious.

Jay Rodriguez anyone? Decent young english player, granted he's injured at the moment but he can play up top and left mid, wouldn't mind a go on him, also if we were to lose Lloris, I would much rather us move for David Marshall than Foster.

Jay Rodriguez anyone? Decent young english player, granted he's injured at the moment but he can play up top and left mid, wouldn't mind a go on him.

Only if he's wicked cheap and we being in more primary options at striker and left wing. Buying a player with an injury like that without a concrete plan in place should it fail is just very poor business.

Jay Rodriguez anyone? Decent young english player, granted he's injured at the moment but he can play up top and left mid, wouldn't mind a go on him, also if we were to lose Lloris, I would much rather us move for David Marshall than Foster.
I think its a terrible idea to sign Rodriguez. I don't think its ever a good idea to sign a player who is recovering from a knee injury like he has. His price is already going to be very high, might as well wait til January and see if he's still the same player considering he won't be able to play until october anyways.

And if Hugo does leave, we should be going after Keylor Navas from Levante. He's supposed to be brilliant and I've heard people say that he has had as good of a season as Courtois. I haven't seen Navas play personally but I've seen Courtois play and he has been unbeatable this year.

And if Hugo does leave, we should be going after Keylor Navas from Levante. He's supposed to be brilliant and I've heard people say that he has had as good of a season as Courtois. I haven't seen Navas play personally but I've seen Courtois play and he has been unbeatable this year.
I actually watched the Levante and Malaga match last Friday. Navas looked pretty good. I think he had something like 10 saves and was facing constant pressure from the Malaga attack. Levante were down to ten men I think in the last 10 minutes as well. He looks pretty tidy but that was the first time I've seen or heard about him.
You guys should see plenty of him in the World Cup since Costa Rica is in Group D along with England, Italy and Uruguay. We can reserve judgement until after the tournament because he'll most likely be facing a lot of shots from the other 3 teams.

As possibly part of the Pochettino deal, we offer Soton Lennon, Chadli, Rose, Townsend and Dembele for
Lallana and Shaw. Flog Livermore to Hull 8-10mill. Bring back Caulker from Cardiff 8-10mill. Bring Tom Carroll
home. And make a serious bid for Lukaku or Benteke, with a cheeky little 8-10mill offer for Henandez. Done!

Bish-Bash-Bosh. 2014/15 Europa Cup Winners!

COYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom