Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
As possibly part of the Pochettino deal, we offer Soton Lennon, Chadli, Rose, Townsend and Dembele for
Lallana and Shaw. Flog Livermore to Hull 8-10mill. Bring back Caulker from Cardiff 8-10mill. Bring Tom Carroll
home. And make a serious bid for Lukaku or Benteke, with a cheeky little 8-10mill offer for Henandez. Done!

Bish-Bash-Bosh. 2014/15 Europa Cup Winners!

COYS!!
Christ. I don't know why Levy wastes his time. I think you should wing your CV over to Joe Lewis right now!

Christ. I don't know why Levy wastes his time. I think you should wing your CV over to Joe Lewis right now!

There's a flaw - I seem to recall him wanting to give Liverpool Vertonghen, Townsend and £8m for Raheem Sterling... Can't sell Townsend twice (page 50 of this thread)

I want jay rodriguez!

front three of rodriguez lukaku lamella....stuff dreams are made of...
if we get poch it could actually happen though...although I have seen articles suggest lukaku is about to resign for Chelsea and plus those scum cunts prob wouldn't sell us the R-Laku anyway...
cunts

So apparently the reason Yaya Toure wants to leave is because no one on the staff at City wished him a happy birthday and he was left bitterly hurt.

But then his agent added at the end, and also they hadn't offered him a new contract...

Couldn't make it up! But someone probably did, sooooo...
:chadliblow:

We have players at the club, who for me are surplus to requirements. That's the polite way of saying not good
enough. However, these players, would possibly be greeted as gods, not only by the supporters of teams
positioned 8th/9th downwards but by those managers and board alike. Wages! I hear you cry. This I agree my
be a stumbling block, when trying to move these players on to lesser clubs (due respect) but these players
where possible should be used/utilized as leverage for us acquiring new signings.

We have players at the club, who for me are surplus to requirements. That's the polite way of saying not good
enough. However, these players, would possibly be greeted as gods, not only by the supporters of teams
positioned 8th/9th downwards but by those managers and board alike. Wages! I hear you cry. This I agree my
be a stumbling block, when trying to move these players on to lesser clubs (due respect) but these players
where possible should be used/utilized as leverage for us acquiring new signings.
Get the fuck out of here with that formatting.

Interesting what players would you let go.

Depending on the price offered I would consider the below.

Demebele: doesn't do enough for me at all.
Capoue: hard one talented but attitude seems poor, would consider a really good offer
Townsend: would consider using him as part of a swap deal for somelike Lallana although we probably have next to no chance of that
Lennon: same as Townsend
Rose: We need a new left back and I'd rather Fryers as reserve left back than Rose
Naughton: to mistake prone and wants first team football but Walker is a class above.
Kaboul: depends on offer and how his knees are.
Soldado: Good offer would accept, need cash to fund for say Lukaku or Bony
Paulinho: only a great offer or perhaps a swap with Lukaku
Holtby/Livermore/Chadli: Like them but not sure they are off the quality needed.

Obviously we only need to sell a few but the extra cash is needed when considering we probably need a new LB, CB, forward and perhaps left winger.

Interesting what players would you let go.

Depending on the price offered I would consider the below.

Demebele: doesn't do enough for me at all.
Capoue: hard one talented but attitude seems poor, would consider a really good offer
Townsend: would consider using him as part of a swap deal for somelike Lallana although we probably have next to no chance of that
Lennon: same as Townsend
Rose: We need a new left back and I'd rather Fryers as reserve left back than Rose
Naughton: to mistake prone and wants first team football but Walker is a class above.
Kaboul: depends on offer and how his knees are.
Soldado: Good offer would accept, need cash to fund for say Lukaku or Bony
Paulinho: only a great offer or perhaps a swap with Lukaku
Holtby/Livermore/Chadli: Like them but not sure they are off the quality needed.

Obviously we only need to sell a few but the extra cash is needed when considering we probably need a new LB, CB, forward and perhaps left winger.
I,d agree with Dembele,(9mill?) Lennon,(9) Townsend,(12) Naughton,(4) Rose (6) Kaboul,(4) and Chadli (12). In an ideal world, for me I,d offer all 7 (50-60mill?) to Soton for Lallana and Shaw. Sell Livermore to Hull 8-9mill.
Buy back Caulker from Cardiff 8-9mill. Bring home Tommy Carroll and Holtby. Make a purposeful bid for either of the 2 strikers you mentioned or if Benteke 100% recovers from injury, then I would opt for him. With Ade going the other way as part of the deal. And, as I have said before, a cheeky 8-10mill bid for Henandez.

A (3-5-2) starting 11 of...........
Lloris: Chriches: Caulker: Vert (If he commits)(3): Walker: Paulie/Bentelab: Eriksen: Lallana: Shaw(5): Benteke? Lamala or Henandez.(2).

Subs Bench: Gk? Fryers: Bentaleb/Paulie: Kane: Soldado: Sandro: Holtby: Fringe Players. Daws. Capoue. Carroll plus right back cover for Walker?

I,d agree with Dembele,(9mill?) Lennon,(9) Townsend,(12) Naughton,(4) Rose (6) Kaboul,(4) and Chadli (12). In an ideal world, for me I,d offer all 7 (50-60mill?) to Soton for Lallana and Shaw. Sell Livermore to Hull 8-9mill.
Buy back Caulker from Cardiff 8-9mill. Bring home Tommy Carroll and Holtby. Make a purposeful bid for either of the 2 strikers you mentioned or if Benteke 100% recovers from injury, then I would opt for him. With Ade going the other way as part of the deal. And, as I have said before, a cheeky 8-10mill bid for Henandez.

A (3-5-2) starting 11 of...........
Lloris: Chriches: Caulker: Vert (If he commits)(3): Walker: Paulie/Bentelab: Eriksen: Lallana: Shaw(5): Benteke? Lamala or Henandez.(2).

Subs Bench: Gk? Fryers: Bentaleb/Paulie: Kane: Soldado: Sandro: Holtby: Fringe Players. Daws. Capoue. Carroll plus right back cover for Walker?
Buddy play less Football Manager... Where do you take those transfer fee sums?
First of all we definitely won't play a 3-5-2.
Second, selling Dembélé for 9 (!!!) Mio., a player who has been crucial last season and is just one of many players who underperformed thisy year, is just idiotic.
Third, at least one of Lennon and Townsend should stay at the club. I mean even if Lamela will be the regular on the right wing we're still in need of cover and why selling two British Spurs lads just to sign a new player (sounds like the Caulker --> Chiriches deal).
Fourth, why selling Rose? For sure he didn't have the best season of his career but he's a more than capable backup with some talent and he's a British academy player aswell. We're definitely in need of a good left back, but we're in need of cover here aswell and I definitely don't think Fryers is better than Rose.
Fifth, Livermore might join Hull but not for 8-9 Mio. We'll definitely getting less.
6th, why do you want to sell Naughton? He's a decent backup for the right back position and if he don't want to leave, why should we sell him? He showed in the last games that he has the ability to cover Walker for a few games, and although he sometimes seems quite errorprone most of his games weren't that bad. I don't think that we could get a new backup with better abilities than Naughton who accepts sitting on the bench.
And last but not least, Benteke and Hernández? Benteke never really recovered from injury and Hernández is a striker in the box incapable of contributing outside.

Ah and by the way: the chance that Shaw will join us is a percentage rate way beneath 1% and the chance of getting Lallana depends on Pochettino joining us and is even then still unlikely. Just because 'Pool can make offers of the same amount than ours while offering higher wages and Champions League football.

So I personally think it might be the best to focus on Caulker and Jay Rodriguez, a new left back (Ben Davies? Radu?) and a new left winger (Milner? Konoplyanka?) while selling Adebayor (because of his wages and, more important, inconsistency) and players like Capoue, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Kaboul etc. depending on good offers coming in. Maybe loaning out Carroll, Townsend, Chiriches, Fryers, Bentaleb, Kane.

Buddy play less Football Manager... Why the hell do you think you could
First of all we definitely won't play a 3-5-2.
Second, selling Dembélé for 9 (!!!) Mio., a player who has been crucial last season and is just one of many players who underperformed thisy year, is just idiotic.
Third, at least one of Lennon and Townsend should stay at the club. I mean even if Lamela will be the regular on the right wing we're still in need of cover and why selling two British Spurs lads just to sign a new player (sounds like the Caulker --> Chiriches deal).
Fourth, why selling Rose? For sure he didn't have the best season of his career but he's a more than capable backup with some talent and he's a British academy player aswell. We're definitely in need of a good left back, but we're in need of cover here aswell and I definitely don't think Fryers is better than Rose.
Fifth, Livermore might join Hull but not for 8-9 Mio. We'll definitely getting less.
6th, why do you want to sell Naughton? He's a decent backup for the right back position and if he don't want to leave, why should we sell him? He showed in the last games that he has the ability to cover Walker for a few games, and although he sometimes seems quite errorprone most of his games weren't that bad. I don't think that we could get a new backup with better abilities than Naughton who accepts sitting on the bench.
And last but not least, Benteke and Hernández? Benteke never really recovered from injury and Hernández is a striker in the box incapable of contributing outside.

Ah and by the way: the chance that Shaw will join us is a percentage rate way beneath 1% and the chance of getting Lallana depends on Pochettino joining us and is even then still unlikely. Just because 'Pool can make offers of the same amount than ours while offering higher wages and Champions League football.

So I personally think it might be the best to focus on Caulker and Jay Rodriguez, a new left back (Ben Davies? Radu?) and a new left winger (Milner? Konoplyanka?) while selling Adebayor (because of his wages and, more important, inconsistency) and players like Capoue, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Kaboul etc. depending on good offers coming in. Maybe loaning out Carroll, Townsend, Chiriches, Fryers, Bentaleb, Kane.

You're new, so it's understandable, but Nichols says things like this a bit "tongue-in-cheek" and clearly hopeful. He's also always very polite and takes the criticism well, but he rages to the beat of his own drum.

But just a couple things I disagree with in your post, since I agree with most of it:

1) Yeah his is actually not a bad evaluation of Dembele, especially considering his hip problems. More than likely, one of Dembele or Paulinho will be sold this summer, and I don't blame anyone who suspects it will be Dembele given his health issues and a new manager likely willing to want to find a way to integrate Paulinho.

2) I'd very much like to see us sell Naughton and promote Fredericks. Naughton is at an age in which if he doesn't become first option, his value will only decline from here on. He made comments he'd likely be assessing his options this summer anyway, so I think it's time for both parties to split amicably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom