Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind it as we could use some English leadership and experience (would massively prefer Milner), but I think Everton will still go after him hard.

Yes if we don't get Lallana which seems to be likely Milner would be my first choice as Left Midfielder. English, experienced, with defensive and offensive abilities.

Yes if we don't get Lallana which seems to be likely Milner would be my first choice as Left Midfielder. English, experienced, with defensive and offensive abilities.

Well I wouldn't want him as first choice, but I do like that he's very versatile in his ability to play across the midfield, and I think he'd give us a great option of experience to sustain solid mounts on all fronts while we embedded the rest of our young players at those positions.

Personally think he's dog shit

You have a better idea to add some leadership and experience? Genuinely curious, not criticizing.

Relegated heroes!

:parker::vdvhmm:

I think Hamburg won their relegation playoff on away goals so Rafa and Hamburg are safe from relegation. I don't know if it would be wise to sign a 31 year old who can't play a full 90 anymore, but then again I'd be lying to you if I told you I didn't want Rafa back.

Spurs Eye Foster As Lloris Replacement

Tottenham are lining up a move for West Bromich Albio goalkeeper Ben Foster in the summer as Paris Saint-Germain edge closer to making a move for Hugo Lloris.
Foster was included in Roy Hodgson’s 23-man England squad for the World Cup next month after a good season at the Hawthorns, although he is not expected to feature with Joe Hart a nailed on starter.
The Metro reports that Lloris is moving closer to a return to France as he searches for Champions league football leaving Spurs with a vacant number one spot, a position they want Foster to fill.
Tottenham are also looking at Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Karl Darlow, who has attracted strong interest from the Premier League, as Brazilian back-up Heurelho Gomes also looks set for an exit from White Hart Lane this summer.
Foster missed a large chunk of the season through injury meaning he failed to secure 30 or more Premier League appearances for the fourth season running.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/spurs-eye-foster-as-lloris-replacement-33845/

Someone please tell me thats a lie.

its bs..
lloris to foster? come on mate don't believe a word of it...theres at least 5 keepers we could get in the prem alone which are better...
Its not who we replace him with, rather that we need to replace him at all which worries me. I don't think there are many better than him in the world, let alone the PL.

Hopefully you are right and this is all BS.

Its not who we replace him with, rather that we need to replace him at all which worries me. I don't think there are many better than him in the world, let alone the PL.

Hopefully you are right and this is all BS.

lloris is for sure a top 5 keeper in the world. I feel he wont leave this season though, he will wait for the new manager, new players and new ideas and see where it goes. PSG whilst inticing is abit of a step backwards, if barca hadn't bought ter stegen id be more worried but all things considered I don't think it makes sense for him to leave

Milner is a funny one for me. I dont think he has any particular quality, but he does work bloody hard for the team.
Where does he even play now? Wing or CM? Did a very effective job at CM for Villa, never really seemed great on the wing (a bit like Valencia IMO, just keep hammering at it until you get a result)

Milner is a funny one for me. I dont think he has any particular quality, but he does work bloody hard for the team.
Where does he even play now? Wing or CM? Did a very effective job at CM for Villa, never really seemed great on the wing (a bit like Valencia IMO, just keep hammering at it until you get a result)

In City's most recent manifestation of oil money, he's played out on the "wing" in their diamond. But he has played very well in their three-man midfields in the past. I'd very much like for us to get Milner. His leadership, experience, versatility, and quality assurance to get the job done would all be very useful. Doesn't hurt he's English either considering we're not far off from the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom