Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably meant Eriksen.

I think he's actually stated that he has been softly supporting Spurs since quite a few years back, I'm not too sure though.

Come forth, Dan D Dan D ! Defend your honour!

Depends how old he is, wasn't Dumitrescu Romanian?

That said, remember the Algeria guy signing up cos of Bentaleb, didn't mention Saib though....

The yoof of today!

How would a Pochettino team playing his preferred 4,2,3,1 and a couple of player changes go.
Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, New LB
Sandro, Dembele
Lamela, Eriksen, Lallana
Adebayor

Then for predominately Cups, EL and injury replacements.
New backup keeper
Naughton, Chiriches, Fryers ( or Dawson), Rose
Capoue, Bentaleb
Townsend, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Soldado

How would a Pochettino team playing his preferred 4,2,3,1 and a couple of player changes go.
Lloris
Sandro, Dembele
Lamela, Eriksen, Lallana
Adebayor

New backup keeper
Capoue, Bentaleb
Soldado
Well obviously we don't know the team yet. But I reckon that team & subs would finish 5-7th, pretty much like we finished under Tim.

Well obviously we don't know the team yet. But I reckon that team & subs would finish 5-7th, pretty much like we finished under Tim.
I agree, unless a manager can get the best out of them, in which case top 4 is achievable. Dembele is an excellent player, and has been underperforming for too long. Sandro had a bad year. Kaboul needs to get back to full fitness. Verts needs to CARE! Lamela has the talent, Eriksen is excellent, Lallana would be a great addition, Ade on form is superb.

We do need a bit more quality in depth though.

New Romanian fan this year due to Vlad's acquisition, be easy
was about Eriksen ,the rest - Adebayor,Lloris,Vertonghen should stay,in my opinion on WHL,i know Ade is from long time on WHL ,just mistaken the paranthesis,that's all...;) and i'm new on this forum ,not new as Tottenham fan (since 1994) i have 18 years old as fan...

was about Eriksen ,the rest - Adebayor,Lloris,Vertonghen should stay,in my opinion on WHL,i know Ade is from long time on WHL ,just mistaken the paranthesis,that's all...;) and i'm new on this forum ,not new as Tottenham fan (since 1994) i have 18 years old as fan...

Woh! My apologies then!

Lloris
Sandro, Dembele
Lamela, Eriksen, Lallana
Adebayor

New backup keeper
Capoue, Bentaleb
Soldado
Paulinho?

One of our always contentious views is "we have too many midfielders" so to review them as two groups. The first group to look at with the assistance of THDC Stats.
Sigg Holtby Chadli Lennon Towns
Appearances 35 22 34 33 33
Minutes 2072 1025 1924 2642 1838
Goals 6 3 5 1 2
Assists 2 6 6 3 3
Shots 61 32 47 29 75
Shooting Acc % 69% 87% 73% 94% 74%
Clearances 25 4 34 10 4
Tackles 45 30 27 40 33
Crosses 86 45 74 74 123
Passes 964 702 1007 936 798
Passing Acc % 83% 80% 83% 83%

I think this confirms Holtby & Townsend underplayed, Sig & Chadli important contributions, Lennon the one at risk.

How realistic do you think it is of Lallana coming to us if Poch is manager? I can't see all the fanfare of the tabloids stating how 'Pool fear losing out to us when he's stated himself he wants to join Liverpool?

I don't think so, he by all accounts seems rather bent on the prospect of Liverpool, and you have to admit they're an exciting prospect to play for going into next season. Many teams headed to the CL next season already have established squads with pecking orders, as Liverpool have a smaller squad and have yet to reshuffle correspondingly with the demands of Europe, the prospect of etching out a niche are higher. Also helps he'd be playing with so many other English players to yet further improve his chances of carving out a consistent role in the national side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom