Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sandro leaves and we can't pick up Schneiderlin cause this cost is true we're probably not going after anyone to replace Sandro. Use what we currently have an hope we can pick up someone worthwhile in January.

No way we go into half the season on three fronts with one senior genuine holding mid, considering Poch's preference for the role and the prize at the end of the Europa now. Would be very surprised if it went down like this. Undoubtedly the club has sounded out fallback options if Saints act a fool.

Can't see us getting Schneiderlin now that Lovren is going to Liverpool. We lose out on players every year just by dithering. That's what is more frustrating to me than being cheap, which doesn't bother me too much. We would have spent the initial £17m asking price eventually but I'm sure we were trying to shave a few million off. Anyway now Southampton is going to take a stand against selling anymore players and we'll come up empty.

Can't see us getting Schneiderlin now that Lovren is going to Liverpool. We lose out on players every year just by dithering. That's what is more frustrating to me than being cheap, which doesn't bother me too much. We would have spent the initial £17m asking price eventually but I'm sure we were trying to shave a few million off. Anyway now Southampton is going to take a stand against selling anymore players and we'll come up empty.

Hope it doesn't go down this way, but it would by awfully Spursy.

This is good logic, but I don't think it's true. He'll pitch a fit to get his move, much like I'm sure Lovren did. Again, Deschamps' comments were pretty clear even to the public, and I'm sure he's outlined clearly what he wants from Schneiderlin if he's to have a chance of getting into the national fold more consistently. Really don't think Saints will hold out, as that won't end will.

^ There's some context, and there have been several ITKers on SC even as of this morning who have said Saints will sell if price is met.

In other news, Goal is saying that LvG asked Depay to stay at PSV for another season to improve himself, after which he can probably come to United. If that's true, then that's a bummer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Depay take LvG's advice.

It seems our LW target list is slowly reducing.
Greizmann maybe to Atletico, Kono is difficult (and maybe to Spammy), Depay and LvG.
Looks as if all this is leading to the inevitable Jay Rod signing.

Are there any other feasible LW targets?

After reading the tactical discussion of Pochettino's system I just posted in the Pochettino thread, I think if Sandro is truly not preferred it is mostly due to questions about his fitness. Even without injuries he was never the most fit player, throwing up on the field etc. In such a physically rigorous system maybe MP doesn't believe Sandro is up for it. Who knows?

Of course, but who then if he leaves anyway would you bring in to replace him if Schneiderlin is priced out?

If all of this is true I think we need to be very very careful. Shoring up our defense with a RCB becomes even more critical than it already was. If we lose Sandro and don't have a replacement AND we don't get a RCB I don't see us finishing in the top half of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom