Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'll be replaced, but I don't think it'll happen as soon as everyone else. This is completely based on Schneiderlin being expensive as fuck though. If he's under 20 they'll definitely go after him.

Mate, I honestly can't see Poch allowing his current reputation to be tarnished by fucking around till January waiting for players to be replaced. That's just not going to happen. He's the manager, let him manage. Levy will back him.

In other news, Goal is saying that LvG asked Depay to stay at PSV for another season to improve himself, after which he can probably come to United. If that's true, then that's a bummer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Depay take LvG's advice.

It seems our LW target list is slowly reducing.
Greizmann maybe to Atletico, Kono is difficult (and maybe to Spammy), Depay and LvG.
Looks as if all this is leading to the inevitable Jay Rod signing.

Are there any other feasible LW targets?

I think it is probably unlikely we sign a LW at all.

In other news, Goal is saying that LvG asked Depay to stay at PSV for another season to improve himself, after which he can probably come to United. If that's true, then that's a bummer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Depay take LvG's advice.

It seems our LW target list is slowly reducing.
Greizmann maybe to Atletico, Kono is difficult (and maybe to Spammy), Depay and LvG.
Looks as if all this is leading to the inevitable Jay Rod signing.

Are there any other feasible LW targets?

Realistically, I do now believe the plan is likely to go ahead with what we have at winger and then try again for J Rod in January. I don't like it at all, but I do think that's the most likely outcome. Don't think J Rod is the kind of winger we need at all for the defensive tactics we face.

If all of this is true I think we need to be very very careful. Shoring up our defense with a RCB becomes even more critical than it already was. If we lose Sandro and don't have a replacement AND we don't get a RCB I don't see us finishing in the top half of the table.
That is a ridiculously pessimistic outlook Benjy. Do you really think that?

If all of this is true I think we need to be very very careful. Shoring up our defense with a RCB becomes even more critical than it already was. If we lose Sandro and don't have a replacement AND we don't get a RCB I don't see us finishing in the top half of the table.

I agree I think it'd be a severe problem, but I think it'd take something all the more drastic to prevent us from finishing top half. Newcastle were fucking abysmal in the second half of last season after selling Cabaye; acquired something like 15 points the whole term, and they still finished 9th last year.

For what its worth (pretty much nothing), Ravel Morrison has started following Spurs related accounts on Instagram.

Bizarre. Not sure at all why we'd be interested in him, unless Poch really does intend to push Holtby completely to the more reserved role he's been playing in the friendlies.

He following anyone else besides West Ham and QPR?

Whatchu talkin bout bro?
If we don't get an RCB, and if Sandro goes, and if we don't get a left winger etc. I understand this is a discussion based largely on speculation, but it does appear to be unduly negative. And, I suppose, that is understandable too. I think we'll improve this season - not necessarily our league position - but our football and sense of direction.

If we lose Sandro and don't have a replacement AND we don't get a RCB I don't see us finishing in the top half of the table.
:sandro:

We could likely wave goodbye to the top four, but if we lost Sandro and had to rely on Bentaleb, Capoue, Dembele, and Paulie rotating throughout that more defensive role, and were merely stuck with Dawson rather than getting that upgrade that we all desire, I think that's still enough to comfortably see us in the top half.

For fuck's sake, STOKE finished in the top half last season!

If we don't get an RCB, and if Sandro goes, and if we don't get a left winger etc. I understand this is a discussion based largely on speculation, but it does appear to be unduly negative. And, I suppose, that is understandable too. I think we'll improve this season - not necessarily our league position - but our football and sense of direction.

Yeah that's fair and I agree with that, but that's also because I have faith we'll at least bring in an RCB. Honestly, despite all my hankerings now for well over a year that we've needed a new left winger and that our midfield is shit in transition play, as long as we bring in a replacement at RCB I'll be confident for the season. If Sandro does go though and we don't bring in a replacement, I'm sure we'll finish comfortably top half but I won't have much hopes for coming close to achieving our objectives.

But I wanted Griezmann!:dawsonmean:

In all seriousness tough, does no one here rate Chadli highly enough to be our starting LW?
He should be settled in by now and has shown glimpses of great potential IMO ..

I really want to like chadli and sometime he looks good, my issue is that he seems best as perhaps a number 10 and he is hardly gonna displace eriksen.
Like siggy I don't think chadli is quick enough as a winger. Maybe try depay?

But I wanted Griezmann!:dawsonmean:

In all seriousness tough, does no one here rate Chadli highly enough to be our starting LW?
He should be settled in by now and has shown glimpses of great potential IMO ..

Not first choice, but still to see plenty of minutes. Between Lennon and Chadli, one is quick enough to keep up with the constant rotation with Eriksen and Lamela but lacks the vision, and the other I don't think is quick enough but I think does have the vision despite being a wide forward and not at attacking mid. Griezmann would have provided both in bounds.

At this point, I'd like to see us move for Kono but if the third parties act tricks then I'd like to see us wholeheartedly focus on the CB situation and CM if Sandro does depart.

I really want to like chadli and sometime he looks good, my issue is that he seems best as perhaps a number 10 and he is hardly gonna displace eriksen.
Like siggy I don't think chadli is quick enough as a winger. Maybe try depay?

Haven't even seen a source so feel free to laugh me off, but the word is van Gaal does eventually want to move for Depay but has asked him to remain at PSV and develop more for a year. Wouldn't be surprised if it's true, and I think he'll obey if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom