Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no more talk of Sandro leaving!!! I was so close to getting a shirt with Bale on it but I wisely chose to wait. It was either Sandro or Vertonghen for me. Went with Sandro as I see him retiring a cult hero for us. Really don't want him leaving. Please don't put the negative vibes out.

Please no more talk of Sandro leaving!!! I was so close to getting a shirt with Bale on it but I wisely chose to wait. It was either Sandro or Vertonghen for me. Went with Sandro as I see him retiring a cult hero for us. Really don't want him leaving. Please don't put the negative vibes out.

Sounds to me like you all but guaranteed him leaving...

Agreed but Lovren (isn't he already off to Liverpool?) and Stones might not be easy who would you suggest we get?

If the Benatia rumour has any grounds that would be brilliant. I only saw a few Roma matches last season, and even then not in full but between those and the WC he was very impressive.

I guess CL could be a deal breaker, here.

So now both Hull and Sunderland are set to sign new LB's. Looks like things are starting to shape up like Rose will need to quit ackin like a bitch and face some fucking competition for once.

Not a chance. He's a homegrown, but there's no way they can charge that for a non-British 24 year old midfielder. Given Deschamps' comments even to the public that he needed to get to a bigger club to give himself a chance for continued time with the national side (remember he was only called up due to injury elsewhere, and as the story goes didn't even recognize the number when he was literally called), he'll pitch an outright fit if they try to charge that much as no one will pay it.

Not a chance. He's a homegrown, but there's no way they can charge that for a non-British 24 year old midfielder. Given Deschamps' comments even to the public that he needed to get to a bigger club to give himself a chance for continued time with the national side (remember he was only called up due to injury elsewhere, and as the story goes didn't even recognize the number when he was literally called), he'll pitch an outright fit if they try to charge that much as no one will pay it.
Never say never. Liverpool is still searching for some players.

Never say never. Liverpool is still searching for some players.

I'm surprised they've agreed to sell three players to them, four would be madness. I know I as a fan would most certainly be calling for heads in such a situation.

Really don't think they could command that much. For what it's worth, take it or leave it, some ITK from neogenesis this morning that said Saints want it done sooner rather than later it we want it. I know I say don't trust a lone bit of ITK, but I sure trust it a lot more than the Guardian.

I thought the idea was that Poch is the bright go-ahead young manager that managed to get an average to good bunch of players playing out of their skins. Now, if you go on the prices Southampton are asking, and getting, it appears he is nothing more than a linguistically challenged halfwit that failed miserably in only taking this team of world beaters to 8th in the Premier League.

(I don't think the latter BTW)

What do we do about central midfield though? I don't think we're pushing Sandro out, I think he wants the move.

If Sandro leaves and we can't pick up Schneiderlin cause this cost is true we're probably not going after anyone to replace Sandro. Use what we currently have an hope we can pick up someone worthwhile in January.

I thought the idea was that Poch is the bright go-ahead young manager that managed to get an average to good bunch of players playing out of their skins. Now, if you go on the prices Southampton are asking, and getting, it appears he is nothing more than a linguistically challenged halfwit that failed miserably in only taking this team of world beaters to 8th in the Premier League.

(I don't think the latter BTW)

I really hope that the only person that comes out of this system and does truly well is Poch himself. I've got a feeling that Southampton was better than the sum of it's parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom