Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you have a few together you could probably get more as you'll have corporate cunts looking to take clients.

I think I8AVB I8AVB makes a good point about the expensive seats being unlikely to sell but for me the major concern is that I could put my ticket in there for face value or lower but the buyer could pick that up and then relist it for a higher price. It doesn't matter whether it's ten or 100 quid more they are still able to use my ticket to make profit in this system. Which means it is a broken system in the first place

I think I8AVB I8AVB makes a good point about the expensive seats being unlikely to sell but for me the major concern is that I could put my ticket in there for face value or lower but the buyer could pick that up and then relist it for a higher price. It doesn't matter whether it's ten or 100 quid more they are still able to use my ticket to make profit in this system. Which means it is a broken system in the first place

Only season ticket holders can sell tickets. You can't buy one off stubhub then list it straight away for more money.

The reason that this system is so fucked is that it forces season ticket holders to resell over face value just to get their money back after stubhub have taken their cut. This in turn opens it up to be abused.

Only season ticket holders can sell tickets. You can't buy one off stubhub then list it straight away for more money.

The reason that this system is so fucked is that it forces season ticket holders to resell over face value just to get their money back after stubhub have taken their cut. This in turn opens it up to be abused.

Who can sell Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?
Customers who buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk but can no longer attend the match can also resell these same tickets – even if they’re not Season Ticket Members. This means that if you purchase a ticket for a game and the fixture date changes meaning you can no longer attend you can then resell the ticket on StubHub.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/stubhub-faqs/

Yes you can.

Edit: see nutter naylor's post.

I was thinking people would have a lot less trouble with Stub Hub if it wasn't so 'all over the place' on the prices and their margin was absolutely fixed, simply they get £10 per ticket and the fee is shared equally between buyer and seller. I would say the sale price needs way stricter controls to stop the system getting screwed over.

So, by my inaccurate rule of thumb the rule should be:

Cat A Games - ticket sells at face price plus £10 - buyer pays the £10 to Stubhub, seller gets full price back
Cat B & C Games - ticket sells at face price plus £5 - buyer and seller pays £5 to stubhub, seller gets face price minus £5

I know it will never work but this seems a bit fairer.

What some of you are saying is very true, but surely the fact that we as fans are being pitched against each other by the one thing that unites us. When i buy a ticket, I'm already paying a few quid extra for some administration cost... and for what? so the system can automatically add my card onto that game? It can't be too difficult to resell a ticket. Why can't the same ticketing staff that deal with bookings, also do refunds... and just re-sell the ticket. Id happily lose my 3 quid (or however much it is) admin fee for a full refund.

Its a very similar situation to how poorer neighbourhoods suddenly in the last few years have all become pawn shops and betting shops. We as fans are vulnerable, the way we can buy tickets is already limited. Touting is illegal, So buying from the club is the only way. That means companies like stub hub have free reign, they pay their upfront fee, then its completely up to them to bring in as much as they can. Its shooting fish in a barrel. If i buy from a man on a street, i might end up paying 150 quid for a fake ticket, or end up arrested. Which won't happen with Stubhub... fair enough. Its just the principal of it all drives a huge wedge between fans and the club.

Gate receipts used to be a big part of a clubs income, so it was hugely important getting fans through. Nowadays its not that big with these huge sponsorship deals and tv income. so the club can take the piss. Football has become a business, and they Spurs don't care about "returning customers", they prefer the highest bidder.

Anyone else had this email today:

Dear Supporter

Further to the recent update posted on the Club's website (19 February 2014) regarding our partnership with StubHub, we are contacting all One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and Members to advise of an immediate amendment to the ticket resale process.

With immediate effect the relisting of tickets on the StubHub platform will be prevented and prohibited to ensure that season ticket holders wishing to list at a reasonable price can be reassured that those same tickets cannot be purchased and resold at a higher price. An additional clause has been added to the One Hotspur Terms and Conditions to reflect this alteration:

"5.3 Only Platinum, Gold and Silver Season Ticket holders can list a seat for sale on the StubHub platform for matches at White Hart Lane. Tickets purchased directly via StubHub for Tottenham Hotspur matches cannot be re-listed for sale. In the event that a purchaser is unable to attend a fixture after they have purchased a ticket via StubHub, the purchaser should contact StubHub customer services on 0800 358 8585 for further assistance."

As mentioned in the statement referenced above, we are continuing to work with our colleagues at StubHub to identify additional amendments to the current processes to ensure that the system operates in a fair and transparent way for the benefit of all supporters.

Kind regards,

Tottenham Hotspur

Finally common sense prevails. Although the cynical side of me can't help thinking the timing of this announcement, when the fans are at their most restless, is a little too perfect. Same goes for the season ticket freezing after the Chelsea game. If we lose on Sunday it could well be free bagels on match days next

Back
Top Bottom