Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocking numbers really. 91% of Spurs home tickets sold above face value & 19% of ST holders 'unable' to attend one or more of the first 6 home games.

Fuck off StubHub, you're not welcome here!

It is an absolute disgrace, that almost a fifth of our ST holders clearly have no intension of going to matches and are profiteering from it.

I would give anything for a season ticket and not to have to go through the rigmarole of trying to book tickets online (like today) when they go on sale.

Those ST holders in question should have them forcibly removed, and offered to supporters on the waiting list.

#SnubHub

Ticket Exchange wasn't broken and that's what we need back. When I was a member I used it to buy late on a couple of times and found it very effective. The only sting was that the booking fee was higher when buying outside the members priority period.

StubHub is disgusting but lets not abuse the stats. Just because someone couldn't go to one of the first six matches doesn't mean they don't give a shit or clearly have no intention of going!! (incidentally I haven't missed a home league game all season myself). Reality is there is no choice unless you have someone who you trust and can logistically get your members card to in time that can take your ticket. Even that is technically against the t+c.

Demand for tickets seems to have dipped significantly as the season has gone on - particularly over Christmas, I'm not sure the first 6 games is representative of the role StubHub has played.

Every time I've looked on the OS since mid November its been possible to buy home tickets on General Sale, it seems like it only really had an impact for the two major London derbies we've played so far.

Anyone that doesn't attend 75% or more games should have their season ticket taken off of them. The waiting list is ridiculously long as it is. If you miss one game because of a fair enough reason and can't get a mate to go for you then fine. Sell it on. However that may be. But if you're missing 10 or so games a season what is the point of having a season ticket?

Demand for tickets seems to have dipped significantly as the season has gone on - particularly over Christmas, I'm not sure the first 6 games is representative of the role StubHub has played.

Every time I've looked on the OS since mid November its been possible to buy home tickets on General Sale, it seems like it only really had an impact for the two major London derbies we've played so far.

I paid £28.76 for a Park Lane upper ticket vs Stoke.

Still over 500 tickets on there for City. I might take a butchers on the day. £15 bid..........

It is an absolute disgrace, that almost a fifth of our ST holders clearly have no intension of going to matches and are profiteering from it.

I would give anything for a season ticket and not to have to go through the rigmarole of trying to book tickets online (like today) when they go on sale.

Those ST holders in question should have them forcibly removed, and offered to supporters on the waiting list.

#SnubHub

That's a massive extrapolation. Don't agree with it but would like to think that for the first three home games at least, the vast majority of those ST holders were on family holidays during the school's summer break. Would be very interesting to get a more detailed match by match breakdown. For instance, I refuse to believe that a fifth of our ST holders didn't come to Chelsea at home.

Anyone that doesn't attend 75% or more games should have their season ticket taken off of them. The waiting list is ridiculously long as it is. If you miss one game because of a fair enough reason and can't get a mate to go for you then fine. Sell it on. However that may be. But if you're missing 10 or so games a season what is the point of having a season ticket?
People will simply go back to renting them out to a mate, this is the clubs way of trying to make a bit of money by appealing to those fans who rent them outs greedier side.

Back
Top Bottom