Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i don't understand what the guys on the pod's hate for stub hub is all about?

Flav and Alex ( I think ?) particularly seem to think it's evil incarnate ? Why?

Because they are parasites. Making astronomical amounts of money off a face value ticket is a disgrace.. Have you seen the charges these leeches whack on?
There is a site on Twitter @hotspurtickets that won't allow any tickets to be sold unless they are at face value.. That's how it should be but to promote ticket touting and allow already over priced tickets to be sold for double or treble the price is disgusting and they deserve all the criticism they get..
If a ticket is £50 then it should remain at £50 with a few quid chucked on for admin etc..not sold for £100 with a further £20 shoved on..
Hate everything they stand for..

Never bought a ticket from stub hub and never will. It must be worth a lot to us to get into bed with this lot, that or there is something else we don't know, i.e., investment in stubHub/Ebay stock.

Bought my first ticket off them for Saturday's game as it happens, buying a ticket for 60 quid when it's displayed as 50 because they've whacked on a 10 quid service charge is criminal fucking legalised touting the cunts
IMho 10 quid ain't bad and if that's where it stopped I doubt there would be too many complaints as most could stomach a £5 admin fee and £5 premium for not being a season ticket holder but some of the prices banded around on there are insane and I'm surprised the trust don't do more to stop it, sadly tho plenty of those tickets will have been placed for sale by fans, that's what grinds me when someone would rather fuck over a fellow yid for the price of a decent meal

StubHub also make a killing out of fees that the seller is charged. If you have e.g. a £50 ticket and sell it at that, SH will give the seller £40, pocket an initial £10 and, from what people are saying, charge £10 in fees to the buyer. So, in effect, they get 50% of what the seller gets. It's really shocking that it's even legal. Sites like that and GetMeIn are tout sites.

Anyone who is a genuine Spurs supporter who screws over another Spurs supporter should hang their head in shame. If for some reason I can't make it to a game, I will sell my ticket to someone I know for face value. Stubhub are just legalised ticket touts, and in some ways are worse than the bloke who stands on the corner.

Anyone who is a genuine Spurs supporter who screws over another Spurs supporter should hang their head in shame. If for some reason I can't make it to a game, I will sell my ticket to someone I know for face value. Stubhub are just legalised ticket touts, and in some ways are worse than the bloke who stands on the corner.
I normally have to forgo matches for ~2 month every year (plus the odd one now and then) due to work commitments and normally just hand it off to a friend or use Twitter to sell tickets, can't even imagine charging people extra, they're expensive enough as is without fans exasperating the situation further

Hypothetical here, but if someone were to sell a ticket 35 pound ticket for 100 quid and pocket all of the money vs StubHub making the profit, would you feel differently about it?

I normally have to forgo matches for ~2 month every year (plus the odd one now and then) due to work commitments and normally just hand it off to a friend or use Twitter to sell tickets, can't even imagine charging people extra, they're expensive enough as is without fans exasperating the situation further
I know some people are not so well off, but I still don't know how people can sleep at night when ripping off fellow supporters.

Hypothetical here, but if someone were to sell a ticket 35 pound ticket for 100 quid and pocket all of the money vs StubHub making the profit, would you feel differently about it?

Whenever I've found myself with a spare I'll hand it on to a mate, and if he or she wants to pay me for it, then fine, I'll never ask for the cash, and I'm not bothered if they pay me or not (most offer) I just want the seat to be filled by a Spurs fan. StubHub is a disgrace, and I'm ashamed the club is in bed with them.

I think I would feel worse - honestly I wouldn't mind spending £10 extra for a ticket if it's admin or just to a fellow fan as a thank you, the thought of you as a fellow spurs fan charging me 3 times the ticket value would sicken me to the core and question everything I know about football supporters

Wait, the prices on Stubhub aren't what the seller is charging? That's what Stubhub have put it up for? That's shit.

To be fair to and clear, SH do not set any prices. They do charge both buyer and seller a fee each, but the seller sets the price they want to sell the ticket for and fees are tacked on from there. While they open a market that allows sellers to scam buyers, they aren't rigging a blackjack game - they're merely the dealers at a poker game you're being sharked at, in essence. They don't care what you sell your ticket for, they're just taking their cut.

And I'll take the unpopular assignment and defend SH for a minute. The fact is, there have been ticket touts as long as there have been tickets, across the world. A business like SH does at least ensure that only legitimate tickets are sold on, as opposed to the alternative of buyers buying fake tickets only to find the seller long gone by the time they go back.

Secondly, like it or not, English football is a global game now. And a very significant portion of our, and other clubs', revenue streams is due particularly to international fans. You might hate these "tourists" (as many on this forum have made clear), but for many of these supporters often times SH is the only way to procure a ticket for a match. Most international supporters don't have mates with a ST who might be out of town, or the local connections or knowledge of where to look for tickets. Even when tipped off on where to look, lots of tourists (read: foreigners often carrying lots of cash) are extremely reluctant to meet up with strangers around back of a pub.

For these fans, SH offers a safe, guaranteed, and often fair marketplace for tickets. Many times this may be these fans' only opportunity to ever watch Spurs. So while I despise profiteers, in reality SH isn't responsible for profiteers - they simply offer them a place to do business in exchange for a fee. Hate the cunt supporters selling on seats for a 500% up charge because it's the scum or chavs. But realize they'd be doing that with or without SH.

I know a PL season ticket holder who's not as interested as he used to be who basically uses StubHub to fund his ST, makes whatever profit he can. Of course he's the first to moan loud and long that the atmosphere isn't what it was, plastic fans bla bla bla. Refuses to see any correlatation between the two.

Cunt

IMho 10 quid ain't bad and if that's where it stopped I doubt there would be too many complaints as most could stomach a £5 admin fee and £5 premium for not being a season ticket holder but some of the prices banded around on there are insane and I'm surprised the trust don't do more to stop it, sadly tho plenty of those tickets will have been placed for sale by fans, that's what grinds me when someone would rather fuck over a fellow yid for the price of a decent meal
It's not that its more what Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite is saying, the ticket is displayed at 50 quid, but the seller isn't getting 50 quid, they're being skimmed off the top on top of stubhub then adding another 10 quid onto it for even more profit, criminal.

Back
Top Bottom