Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That lacadasical attitude is kinda the problem

DNIPRO is pretty much sold out. Hull i think was pretty much about 99% sold out, west ham i presume was sold out.
in fact i tend to find its the season ticket holders who arent in so much of a rush to go to cup games.

The trust has already stated that the club was worried about spurs fans not going to cup games thats why changed the Lp system.
we are all at different stages of life, I dont like Sunday football its difficult with children, esp games at WHL.
Anthony, ive had my st since 83, ive been at WHL with 5 thousand fans there.
I went to everton in the screen sports super cup, I counted 136 spurs fans at Goodison.i dont care if spurs are good or bad there my club.
I shown my passion over the years, if the club want to steal my loyalty points, take reduce the number of free games on my season ticket and then call me a customer.
Iii choose to go, it doesnt make me any less of a fan.
why arent fans making complaints about fans renting out st or using crn to improve there lp total.That would be easy to stop.When I lived in holland my Ajax st had a photo on it and at away games you had to present your season card on combi aways to pick up your ticket.
Spurs arent going to throw away the 3 million pounds stubhub give then anytime soon..

League cup & FA cup games always sell out. It is only some of the Europa games that dont get a full house.

The trust has spoken about this on average 10 thousand st dont go to cup games. I think our average for cup games is 29k apart from derby games.
Thats why they reduce the prices.

Sorry guys, without sounding stupid, as someone who cant attend games (for obvious reasons) i have no idea what stubhub is, would someone explain this for me?
A place where you can resell tickets above face value.

In theory it works, in practice, people take the piss.

Having been sin binned for nothing at all, for ages, I felt I must comment on this thread. I honestly have no idea what so ever why people don't like stub hub. Previously a season ticket holder had to sell their ticket through the club. They didn't get cash, they either got shop vouchers, or a discount on the following years season ticket, and both at less than the face value. This in turn meant few tickets came available to people who were not members. With stub hub everyone is a winner. Stub hub make money, the club gets a commission, and the seller gets real money. More importantly people who would not have got the opportunity to go to a game, get to see Spurs. Needless to say some ST holders will be greedy in their asking price, but those people will not sell their ticket. I have tried to sell two tickets through stub hub, one a little above face value, and one a little below, and neither sold. The fact is that the demand is not big enough for any ST holder to make big money, and for the lesser games some tickets can be bought for less than face value.

It's about market forces. I was in retail for most of my working life. We bought at £10 and sold at £20 plus VAT, that's life.

Sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but just think about it

720 tickets on stub hub for the derby on Sunday. Ranging between £62 and £1150.
thats 2% of tickets.
659 over £100
392 priced over £150.
25 over £500
4 over £1000 (one if which is in block A...?)

Disgrace.

Also One thing i saw recently was the club gave the same old tired response to Stan Collymore about not receiving payment for tickets sold. Yeah but they do receive some sort of fee. And the more money stub hub gets from tickets... the higher fee Spurs will ask for. Surely?
Its in both their best interests for tickets to be sold for as high as possible. Which is bad for fans.

thats 2% of tickets.
659 over £100
392 priced over £150.
25 over £500

Disgrace.

Also One thing i saw recently was the club gave the same old tired response to Stan Collymore about not receiving payment for tickets sold. Yeah but they do receive some sort of fee. And the more money stub hub gets from tickets... the higher fee Spurs will ask for. Surely?
Its in both their best interests for tickets to be sold for as high as possible. Which is bad for fans.
Collymore more gave the same sad old tired argument too and got the same response everyone else did. No lightning bolt of genius in there. Late to the bandwagon is our Stan.

all the club had to do is put a cap on ticket prices being resold. Could have given the season ticket holders real money adding a percentage on top for a commission for the club. no need to go through stub hub as we already had a system in place

But naaaaaaa fuck it lets take spurs fans for every penny they have....im off to buy a pink spurs hat for my mum for mothers day

A place where you can resell tickets above face value.

In theory it works, in practice, people take the piss.

It's also a place where fans can sell tickets for below face value, which is quite often the case. I couldn't get face value for my Man Utd ticket, and I also tried selling another ticket below face value. Both didn't get a bite. There are few games where anyone has to pay over the odds, and even if they do, it's called market forces. This is a brilliant system, albeit selling tickets isn't easy, but that's due to lack of demand. It is easy for the seller, and easy for the buyer. Yes there may be a handful of people who want to sell tickets at a huge margin, but they are few and far between, and will also find it a lot harder to do so than they think.

thats 2% of tickets.
659 over £100
392 priced over £150.
25 over £500

Disgrace.

It's OK quoting these prices, but how many people are going to pay them. Even if they do pay them, it's because they want them, so everyone is happy. Do you begrudge a retailer buying an item at less than half the price they sell it for?, of course not. The fact that there are 720 tickets available is quite worrying in it's self.

thats 2% of tickets.
659 over £100
392 priced over £150.
25 over £500

Disgrace.

£1150??????????????????????????

And it's just a regular season ticket seat out in the stands?

But the point is mate, nobody will buy it, so why does it matter ?
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Think how much concert tickets go for these days on the secondary market. There's usually some idiot who'll wedge out. Maybe not every game, but sooner or later some mong with more money than sense will probably buy one.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Think how much concert tickets go for these days on the secondary market. There's usually some idiot who'll wedge out. Maybe not every game, but sooner or later some mong with more money than sense will probably buy one.

There are presently 710 tickets available on stubhub, starting from under £60. There will almost certainly be half of those left come Sunday, so I will ask once again, why would anyone choose to buy the dearest one on stubhub. My guess is that few people will pay over £100. The people that genuinely have to sell their tickets because they can't make it will have to reduce their tickets where necessary, and the remainder will go to the match or reduce the ticket to a realistic price. Cup final tickets rarely sell for more than £500, so why would anyone buy a ticket for this game for anywhere near the same price ?

There are presently 710 tickets available on stubhub, starting from under £60. There will almost certainly be half of those left come Sunday, so I will ask once again, why would anyone choose to buy the dearest one on stubhub. My guess is that few people will pay over £100. The people that genuinely have to sell their tickets because they can't make it will have to reduce their tickets where necessary, and the remainder will go to the match or reduce the ticket to a realistic price. Cup final tickets rarely sell for more than £500, so why would anyone buy a ticket for this game for anywhere near the same price ?

Aren't most normally concessions tickets or under 16? From what I've always been, it's not so straight forward for adult tickets

Back
Top Bottom