Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I NEEEEEDD to see this haircut

B8IAzYVIcAABsVO.jpg

Well we could do with been out of on of these fucking competitions.
THESE FUCKING COMPETITIONS??
why, are we pushing for the League Title?? is that SUCH a distraction??
The Europa League is no more ours then anyone else's in the knockout stages...
TWO of the favourites have gone out within 2 minutes of eachother... and we were still in it for all of 10 seconds afterwards...
Arseanal must be loving this... and THAT'S why I'm hating it!
Anyone who can't see that, doesn't know football or its' rivalry!

I'm taking my 7 year old daughter to this, which will be her first ever Tottenham match. I've said ear muffs will be needed, so she doesn't hear the abuse that will get hurled at the players from our fans.

2-1 Spurs, COYS

Last edited:
Can't understand this manager at all, I don't see any difference from AVB as we are still struggling. Levy has appointed these managers (I've lost count) and he hasn't a clue. Most people I know would rather have had De Boer a man who has won titles, but Levy once again knew better. He will not buy a quality forward so once again we are going nowhere. I just hope a buyer comes in willing to spend money.

If you dont see the difference between our football under AVB and Poch, you should start watching the games, instead of just the final results

Pile of absolute shite. We lost to Leicester at home and some wankers who call themselves tottenham fans are happy we are out of the FA Cup, disgusting.

Stayed away from the match thread this time... till now lol :pochsmirk:

Yeah it's a real shame we lost. Gutted..... but good luck to Leicester, I hope they go on to win it now.

I've skim read some comments and all I have to say is...

Poch is our manager and I hope will be for some time. Personally I think he's good for us for a whole load of reasons and we just can't keep swapping managers. It inevitably leads to player power in a negative way if we keep swapping - the bad eggs will rule the roost.

He might not rate Ade or Bobby, but it's just obvious.... surely...... that he can't come out and dis his current players in the press. He's gotta work with what he's got and most likely has to give some players game time - if not just for squad rotation, but also to get them in the shopping window and give them a chance to come good.

As for possibly our most controversial player.....I really really don't rate Ade, but the booing man.... counter productive.
As long as he's in the team, the worst we should do is just be silent / neutral while he's wearing our colours. It affects the whole team as well as him.
And who in their right mind wouldn't want him to score? I wouldn't salute him or applaud but I wouldn't boo either. If he scores just be happy for the team.
And if anyone on this forum thinks they really have a better footballing opinion of Ade than Poch.......... they need their head looking at. Mind blown!
Poch has played at the highest level against quality strikers, he's managed at the highest level, has infinite footballing experience compared to the likes of us and sees far more of the guys in training and behind the scenes.
And people have to realise he's working right now with 1 hand tied behind his back. We aren't Chelsea and can't just pick a player we like and ... voila they are now in our squad.
Fucks sake:pochbye:

Honest question: Where does the idea come from that some teams are supposed to beat other teams?

Isn't this why the clubs line up 11-v-11 and play the game?
With both sides aiming to win.
Otherwise the boards could just meet over lunch and decide that since one squad has more highly-paid internationals they'll take the three points and everybody can go home early.

On Saturday both Chelsea and Manchester City lost to non-PL teams.
Over the weekend both Manchester United and Liverpool failed to score against non-PL teams.
Southampton lost to Palace and we lost to Leicester.

This is football.
Sometimes the team with the more expensive squad loses.

When we beat Chel53a who was upset that it wasn't supposed to happen?

I was gutted after yesterday's SPURS result.
Still am.
But this is football.

You can be gutted and upset and expect the players to play better & still love the shirt.
Not enough of the latter around here lately, I'm afraid.

Amazing that the first and last sentence of his post completely contradict eachother,
1) saying FA cup only worthwhile cup as gets a Europa league place
2) dissing the thursday night football a Europa league place brings

Hardly surprising on this forum, a cup is a cup and looking forward to beating Sheff United and getting to wembley

Anyone that regularly posts on this board shouldn't be anything less than livid about losing to Leicester and being knocked out of the FA Cup. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Spurs. Not a single day. I imagine that is the same for quite a number of you as well. How can anyone just brush off losing today? Not just losing though. Completely blowing it. We blew it from the minute Poch didn't fully respect Sheffield United. If we had played our strongest squad on Wednesday, or maybe at a minimum hadn't played that walking calamity Adebayor we could have been comfortably ahead. We would have been able to start another strong squad against Leicester and not had to worry about the 2md leg of the semi-final.

Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves, if we had won today, given the results of the day, we would have more than likely gone quite deep. We all want to wax poetic about our chances at top 4. The chances of that happening are slim. However, a team that is on form as a whole and in all competitions has more confidence and that confidence could have played a major part in attaining a top 4 berth. Now, every single week that there is a FA Cup match, our players will be reminded that they're not in that competition anymore. That sort of mental blow is much worse than the physical blow we take by still being in all 4 competitions.

I have been wondering for a few hours why some people are seemingly taking it so well. I think it's because a huge number of people haven't seen the highlights still. It must be.

Many of us said that we didn't expect anything from this season at the beginning. I am one of those people. However, after our festive fixtures? I realized that we could legitimately make multiple runs. A season that in some ways I wanted to end before it even began had been transformed into one that we might be talking about for the rest of our lives. It now hangs on by a piece of thread.

Back
Top Bottom