Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cannot play the same players every game, in every competition. That's why there is a squad. However, our squad on paper looks strong, but in reality it's not.
Lamela was the most exciting player we had. The only direct midfielder with a touch of class.
When you are playing 2 midfielders behind the No10, at least one of those midfielders has to get into the box.
Both Dembele and Capoue don't, In fact play Dembele with Bentaleb/Satmbouli, it would be the same. Dembele in my honest opinion is a hindrance. He creates nothing, scores nothing and passes sideways. I am tired of hearing that he has the talent, but he needs to do it further up the pitch. He has had a chance to. He hasn't done it. If you ask me we bought a crock who was not injury free. He then suffered another setback which has done for him. He was awful in the WC too. However, he is playing as a 2nd defensive midfielder, but one who is not mobile enough & slows the play down.
Mason is the only midfielder we have who plays in that two who is capable of getting into the box, capable of movement and of playing decisive passes. It's his debut season in the EPL and he is still recovering from injury.
If Lamela was not on the field today, we would have been dire. Against SU we created not much with a rusty Mason and then Dembele and won with a penalty. Bar Erik today we created not much and went ahead by a penalty.
Kaboul was fucking pathetic. A shambles of a central defender. Bad positioning, bad communication, bad passing. Whoever he partners it's usually a bad combination.
That play for their winner is what we lack. Someone running from deep, moving forward from midfield for a return after passing it. Then getting in a decisive pass to another midfielder in the box.
However, the Eriksen miss pass that lead to their winner the efforts of Paulinho /Capoue were diabolical. Half arsed tackling by Paulinho both Jogging back watching the ball and not going with the runners.

Mason, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen...keep
Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Davies, (Chriches), Walker, Yedlin..keep
Kane. (Soldado)..keep
players in brackets keep if we cannot buy 2 in same position.

Hopefully Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon ( as he obviuosly ain't featuring) are not in our future plans.
I would honestly rather have schlupp than Dembele and drinkwater as a defensive mid than Capoue.

Edit: Life goes on. MP is doing the best he can with what is available. This year I said 6th would be good. 6th and a cup great and anything more a bonus.
MP is clicking with some. But I feel he will have a very hard time getting what he wants from the above players.
1000000% agree

All these posters acting distraught that we're out of this are probably the same one's who laugh at the fucking cup it puts you into as winners.
The Europa.

At least the winners of the Europa gets you into the CL, not back into the Europa, which is all this outdated toss pot of a competition gives.

And the LC and Europa doesn't fill up weekends with pretend shock results from shit games, no one really cares , that's why the top 3 in the PL went out at home as well today, no one really cares, get over it.

All these posters acting distraught that we're out of this are probably the same one's who laugh at the fucking cup it puts you into as winners.
The Europa.

At least the winners of the Europa gets you into the CL, not back into the Europa, which is all this outdated toss pot of a competition gives.

And the LC and Europa doesn't fill up weekends with pretend shock results from shit games, no one really cares , that's why the top 3 in the PL went out at home as well today, no one really cares, get over it.

Fuck off! It's the FA CUP you fool! Not some 'toss pot' of a competition!

Fuck off! It's the FA CUP you fool! Not some 'toss pot' of a competition!
Yeah it's easy to say now but had we have won and seeing who got beat today we'd all be a little bit buzzing.
People slate the Europa League and League cup/FA Cup but it gets to the latter stages and there's belief that we can win it we all get a little bit buzzing don't we.

Yeah it's easy to say now but had we have won and seeing who got beat today we'd all be a little bit buzzing.
People slate the Europa League and League cup/FA Cup but it gets to the latter stages and there's belief that we can win it we all get a little bit buzzing don't we.

Yes agreed. People who say the FA cup or europa is pointless get right on my tits. Not long back we would have given our left bollock to be in the Europa/uefa cup!

We're in touching distance of a Wembley Final, still up there for 4th spot and still in the Europa.
But with our squad which has one fucking proper striker in it, we're supposed to win everything according to the wrist slitters over this result. :eriksenlol::kaboullol::paulinholol::ade:

saw a load of tweets of quotes from Poch this morning saying he'd make a song with Chas n Dave if we got to Wembley. Some front on him saying that then putting out a team like that. embarrassing that he's prioritising the league ahead of the best cup competition in the world.

saw a load of tweets of quotes from Poch this morning saying he'd make a song with Chas n Dave if we got to Wembley. Some front on him saying that then putting out a team like that. embarrassing that he's prioritising the league ahead of the best cup competition in the world.

Maybe he don't really like Chas n Dave ?
Just a thought.

Which is fair enough but they didn't score either.

Thing is i'm not a Soldado hater, quite the opposite, but there is only so far it can go before it becomes horribly apparent that it is just never going to happen. I'd have Soldado every single day of the week over Adebayor for the exact reasons you mentioned but once again there is a limit to how much he can be defended.

Kane is rightfully first choice now and if Soldado is offering no goals from the bench or ,like today, no goals when Kane is rested then what is the point of his existence in the Spurs team? Kane and Eriksen can't carry us every single game, Lamela, Paulinho etc might be (rightly) expected to chip in with a odd goal here and there but Soldado was bought specifically to score goals, he doesn't do what he was signed to do. Simple as that.
He got us 2 penalties in the last two games.

The FA Cup is a proper trophy and it has always been important to this club. In any case, look at who featured for Chelsea and Man City: would you risk Hazard/Aguero/Silva etc if this didn't matter. This defeat was diabolical. We can make some amends with a win on Wednesday, but there's still no guarantee of winning the League Cup - and the FA Cup is bigger anyway (prize money, prestige and European reward). In any case we should be looking to compete on all fronts. We're supposed to be one of the biggest professional sides in the UK and one of the top 20 in Europe. We have a large expensive squad worth several hundred million pounds and a wage bill into the millions each month. Today just isn't good enough. That doesn't mean we have to boo or call our season/manager a disaster, because it's still all looking promising. But I hope we're not going to have yet another spring collapse and I hope we really do hack out the dead wood from this squad - however brutal and whoever it is - because we simply can't accept mediocrity like today if we're going to progress.

Wasn't too bothered by the defeat at first. But on reflection and looking at the sides that have all gone out, I feel really disappointed. I would love us to win the fa cup, regardless of anything else that's being going on. We've reached the semi finals so many times since I've supported spurs but never the final. It's always been our trophy. We need that 9th win!

Back
Top Bottom