Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im never overly optamistic on results because I support Spurs. Ive had years of finding the posatives to ease the pain? There is too much at stake, to slip up on Wed,. I'm sure the players will bounce back from yesterday and put the hugh disapiontment of the defeat behind. we need to keep beliving because we just do?
COYS
What more is at stake on Weds than was at stake yesterday? I'm not entirely sure I get the line of thinking that just because we are playing a match an an earlier stage of a competition it carries less significance. The end prize is basically the same, being a domestic cup with entry into Europa, and I'd argue that with our history in the FA Cup it's the latter that should be more important for THFC to win.

What more is at stake on Weds than was at stake yesterday? I'm not entirely sure I get the line of thinking that just because we are playing a match an an earlier stage of a competition it carries less significance. The end prize is basically the same, being a domestic cup with entry into Europa, and I'd argue that with our history in the FA Cup it's the latter that should be more important for THFC to win.

The end prize is 90 minutes away on Wednesday, it wasn't yesterday, obvious and not that difficult to work out.

Alright I have half an hour, whats the moaning about? Joe Clash Joe Clash whats the good word of the reliable spurs fans?

shawn-michaels-backlash-2003-entrance-o.gif
The ones I went with have no time for Poch and the melts on here that didn't even see the match, do my head in. I didn't agree with his selection of Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul or Paulinho, and introducing Kane with 3 minutes to go, or whatever is was was bizarre, but the Poch out stuff is nauseating. The people around me in the stadium were not what you'd call 'fans' and we were out sung by Leicester. All in all it corresponds with your recent experiences at the Lane. End of an era mate.

...what, Townsend & Vorm....? In all likelihood, the other 9 who will make up Wednesdays team had nothing to do with what happened yesterday... why should they feel responsible?
Yes you are right if you feel the need to scrutinise with sarcasm (which I do find amusing)
All players represent the club and collectively will take responsibility. 'They' (the 11) will bounce back on Wednesday night and do us proud. I am fully aware that a different 11 will start bar one or two. I thought modern football is all about squad rotation so collectively 'they' all play each week if selected.
I like it far better when you express your funnies and jollies in general and without malice, your threads are ones that I enjoy seeing and judge to be amongst the best on here.

Last edited:
you might like to think that answer through.

Oh wait, sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you
Maybe you can ask someone to do the thinking bit for you?

Yes, it's a bit like the old time machine and killing your grandfather conundrum isn't it ?
Although if you were the grandfather in question it would make things a lot simpler, most would just shoot the boring old fucker and to hell with the consequences.

Last edited:

A semi final of a cup tournament offers an occasion that is far greater of importance than a 4th round cup game. The match creates far more pressure, expectation, excitement, attention etc and offers a greater reward. As you know modern football dictates that you rotate the squad which we did and it didn't come off.
It isn't about priority.

THFC history in the FA Cup is just that, history. It shouldn't make the FA cup any more important than any other trophy we are going for. So I could argue to differ? For me, spurs are a team that should be competing at the highest level in Europe.Thats our destiny. reach for the top and the rest will take care of itself.

I agree that every game is important and play to win.

Yes, it's a bit like the old time machine and killing your grandfather conundrum isn't it ?
Although if you were the grandfather in question it would make things a lot simpler, most would just shoot the boring old fucker and to hell with the consequences.
Wow, aren't you just a one man charm offensive?
Offensive anyway.
Byee

Stayed away from the match thread this time... till now lol :pochsmirk:

Yeah it's a real shame we lost. Gutted..... but good luck to Leicester, I hope they go on to win it now.

I've skim read some comments and all I have to say is...

Poch is our manager and I hope will be for some time. Personally I think he's good for us for a whole load of reasons and we just can't keep swapping managers. It inevitably leads to player power in a negative way if we keep swapping - the bad eggs will rule the roost.

He might not rate Ade or Bobby, but it's just obvious.... surely...... that he can't come out and dis his current players in the press. He's gotta work with what he's got and most likely has to give some players game time - if not just for squad rotation, but also to get them in the shopping window and give them a chance to come good.

As for possibly our most controversial player.....I really really don't rate Ade, but the booing man.... counter productive.
As long as he's in the team, the worst we should do is just be silent / neutral while he's wearing our colours. It affects the whole team as well as him.
And who in their right mind wouldn't want him to score? I wouldn't salute him or applaud but I wouldn't boo either. If he scores just be happy for the team.
And if anyone on this forum thinks they really have a better footballing opinion of Ade than Poch.......... they need their head looking at. Mind blown!
Poch has played at the highest level against quality strikers, he's managed at the highest level, has infinite footballing experience compared to the likes of us and sees far more of the guys in training and behind the scenes.
And people have to realise he's working right now with 1 hand tied behind his back. We aren't Chelsea and can't just pick a player we like and ... voila they are now in our squad.
Fucks sake:pochbye:

No idea if this has been talked about already but just look at the scums side they put out today, makes us look like a bunch of muppets, no doubt they upped the anti after seeing chavs city and us go out.
Second string team, against another prem team in the FA cup is a fucking disgrace.

Stayed away from the match thread this time... till now lol :pochsmirk:

Yeah it's a real shame we lost. Gutted..... but good luck to Leicester, I hope they go on to win it now.

I've skim read some comments and all I have to say is...

Poch is our manager and I hope will be for some time. Personally I think he's good for us for a whole load of reasons and we just can't keep swapping managers. It inevitably leads to player power in a negative way if we keep swapping - the bad eggs will rule the roost.

He might not rate Ade or Bobby, but it's just obvious.... surely...... that he can't come out and dis his current players in the press. He's gotta work with what he's got and most likely has to give some players game time - if not just for squad rotation, but also to get them in the shopping window and give them a chance to come good.

As for possibly our most controversial player.....I really really don't rate Ade, but the booing man.... counter productive.
As long as he's in the team, the worst we should do is just be silent / neutral while he's wearing our colours. It affects the whole team as well as him.
And who in their right mind wouldn't want him to score? I wouldn't salute him or applaud but I wouldn't boo either. If he scores just be happy for the team.
And if anyone on this forum thinks they really have a better footballing opinion of Ade than Poch.......... they need their head looking at. Mind blown!
Poch has played at the highest level against quality strikers, he's managed at the highest level, has infinite footballing experience compared to the likes of us and sees far more of the guys in training and behind the scenes.
And people have to realise he's working right now with 1 hand tied behind his back. We aren't Chelsea and can't just pick a player we like and ... voila they are now in our squad.
Fucks sake:pochbye:

Well said

Back
Top Bottom