Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well chaz and dave won't be in the studio again this year. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
One thing I am pondering over is, if today's game was a premier league game, would potch of fielded that team today?

saw a load of tweets of quotes from Poch this morning saying he'd make a song with Chas n Dave if we got to Wembley. Some front on him saying that then putting out a team like that. embarrassing that he's prioritising the league ahead of the best cup competition in the world.

Is he prioritising the league though? I don't think so. We are in a cup semi final, one game away from Wembley and he's prioritised playing our strongest side for those two legs. He's made the decision that our strongest side can't play Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday, so he rested players for today. His logic I assume is we are so close to Wembley in one competition, and still so far in another. Either way, the side we put out today should be more than capable of beating Leicester. The players didn't perform, as they often don't. I don't lay the blame for this one at Poch's door. I lay it at the feet of Levy/Baldini who signed a lot of average players, and those average players who can't put in enough effort to get us through.

But surely he knows by now that chiriches, kaboul, capoue, paulinho and soldado are shit. Well at least you hope he should. These four have no business playing together in our starting eleven for any game.
Why start them?

But surely he knows by now that chiriches, kaboul, capoue, paulinho and soldado are shit. Well at least you hope he should. These four have no business playing together in our starting eleven for any game.
Why start them?

What would you have suggested? He can't start Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen every single game. We'll probably end up playing 60+ games. I really can't believe people are blaming Poch for this and not the over-rated shit that is in our squad, who constantly don't produce when we need them. Poch didn't sign them, and the fact he only uses them when he feels he has to, shows he thinks they are shit. Sadly, the choice of whether to sell them and buy good replacements isn't up to him, it's up to Baldini who so far has pissed away millions.

Wasn't too bothered by the defeat at first. But on reflection and looking at the sides that have all gone out, I feel really disappointed. I would love us to win the fa cup, regardless of anything else that's being going on. We've reached the semi finals so many times since I've supported spurs but never the final. It's always been our trophy. We need that 9th win!

All that, plus the fact that we were playing Leicester at home and gotten ourselves 1-0 ahead. Thanks again, Tottenham, for fucking up the weekend :llorisserious:

I keep seeing is it a blessing that we gone out ? Are u brain dead I hate seeing my team lose to anyone and with the teams that have gone out today makes it very sad do people not realise when we last won this

Making what was it? nine changes from the last match is that meant to provide consistensy? Sheesh, I've got a feeling that most supporters know Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho and Soldado arn't worth a starting place. And Adebayor still shouldn't get a place in the team. Our only hope is someone akin to Mason or Kane from the reserves unless Levy unloads the rubbish and buys a striker and someone decent in midfield.

Fuming. Bad enough losing today but coming out of the ground and seeing the other results was a sickener, I think I'd rather City and Chelsea had won today.

Bit of fortune about Leicester's first goal as it wasn't intended for Ulloa but the second was such a poor goal to concede.

Need a response on Wednesday night. Anyone who is happy we've gone out is out of their mind. We're never likely to win the league so why people turn their nose up at the cups is beyond me.
My dad and his friends still talks about the 'Ricky Villa final' and 84 UEFA Cup.

People seem more concerned about us doing sod all in the league. Always disappointed to go out of the F.A Cup.
25 years! Shocking for a club with such a great FA Cup history.

Tbf, Pochettino isn't prioritizing the league by putting out a second side, he's prioritizing our League Cup semifinal on Wednesday where we could go to Wembley. Bringing up the league is a pretty odd argument.

Tbf, Pochettino isn't prioritizing the league by putting out a second side, he's prioritizing our League Cup semifinal on Wednesday where we could go to Wembley. Bringing up the league is a pretty odd argument.
Yes we could go to Wembly but going to Wembly is only worthwhile in the FA cup - there at least you have a chance of a UEFA league place. Right now we're out of the FA cup, got another bloody stupid match against Sheffield, zero chance of finishing in the top 4 of the PL so you want to pray for a top 6 finish? For another year of Thursday night football?

Alright I have half an hour, whats the moaning about? Joe Clash Joe Clash whats the good word of the reliable spurs fans?

shawn-michaels-backlash-2003-entrance-o.gif

Back
Top Bottom