Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before and will say it again. Spurs don't know how to hold on to a lead; last few times we've been 1-0 up we've gone on to lose the game. Doing tricks and time wasting at 1-0 up is ridiculous, they need to act more professionally and see the game out. Poch really needs to drill it into them that 1 goal is never enough and not to get complacent.

The team was mostly reserve players, who had a chance to impress and instead they let a 1-0 lead slip in 9 minutes. Explains why they're reserves. At least a few key players got a bit of a rest, but it's pretty much the only positive. In my eyes this was our best hope of a cup, with most threats knocked out.

Not sure what your point is.

Are you saying it's ok to concede a goal like that if you've made two world class saves before it?
I felt you were being harsh on a guy who had stopped it being a rout.
I'm not going to make excuses for him, I just won't judge the guy too harshly based on an error that he should never have been forced to make.
Awful defending for all of their shots on goal and the ones they scored

It's not losing one game yesterday, it's 25 years of cup fuck ups ! At best it's going to be 25 years since Tottenham won the FA Cup or made a final. Keep saying it & then ask yourselves if yesterday is acceptable ? As It's not, really it's not !

It was a half arsed performance & we sleep walk in to yet another defeat @ home.

Poch never seems to learn, it could have been WBA, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, stoke etc etc etc. too Narrow in set up, inverted wingers, sideways passing, lack of pressing & no tempo.

Oh and great, Champions league contenders West Spam just scored....just scored as they have fucking Strikers ! (take note Mr Baldini )

Last edited:
Yesterday's result was shit. Today it's still shit. I get the pain everyone is feeling and the justification why it hurts so much. why are we beating ourselves up? We have a match on Wed which is one game from Wembley,. If this isnt an opportunity to leave this shit behind, I dont know what is . I get the anger and disapointment but not the negative reaction to the defeat. We have established a good 11 with one ir two fringe players. We are looking good for next season which is what I believed this season was al about. Building a team to compete with the best.

Last edited:
Yesterday's result was shit. Today it's still shit. I get the pain everyone is feeling and the justification why it hurts so much. why are we beating ourselves up? We have a match on Wed which is one game from Wembley,. If this isnt an oppertunity to leave this shit behind, I dont know what is . I get the anger and disapointment but not the negative reaction to the defeat. We have established a good 11 with one ir two fribge players. We are looking good for next seadon which is what I believed this season was al about. Building a team to compete with the best.

I have paid to watch a lot more shit performances this season than good. I admire optimistic points of view, but we have been beaten by Palace & Leicester this month alone & anyone who saw last Wednesday's pathetic performance should not be overly optimistic about what's happening this Wednesday ! I honestly don't see the "progress" you see. Hope your right about the future though :)

I felt you were being harsh on a guy who had stopped it being a rout.
I'm not going to make excuses for him, I just won't judge the guy too harshly based on an error that he should never have been forced to make.
Awful defending for all of their shots on goal and the ones they scored

Ah, I see. The initial comment was me venting my frustration, but yeah, it sounds a bit cunty.

I think Vorm is more than capable deputy for Lloris and we're lucky to have him. And I agree with the rest of what you say too.

I have paid to watch a lot more shit performances this season than good. I admire optimistic points of view, but we have been beaten by Palace & Leicester this month alone & anyone who saw last Wednesday's pathetic performance should not be overly optimistic about what's happening this Wednesday ! I honestly don't see the "progress" you see. Hope your right about the future though :)
Im never overly optamistic on results because I support Spurs. Ive had years of finding the posatives to ease the pain? There is too much at stake, to slip up on Wed,. I'm sure the players will bounce back from yesterday and put the hugh disapiontment of the defeat behind. we need to keep beliving because we just do?
COYS

Im never overly optamistic on results because I support Spurs. Ive had years of finding the posatives to ease the pain? There is too much at stake, to slip up on Wed,. I'm sure the players will bounce back from yesterday and put the hugh disapiontment of the defeat behind. we need to keep beliving because we just do?
COYS

...what, Townsend & Vorm....? In all likelihood, the other 9 who will make up Wednesdays team had nothing to do with what happened yesterday... why should they feel responsible?

However, a team that is on form as a whole and in all competitions has more confidence and that confidence could have played a major part in attaining a top 4 berth. Now, every single week that there is a FA Cup match, our players will be reminded that they're not in that competition anymore. That sort of mental blow is much worse than the physical blow we take by still being in all 4 competitions.
Wtf is this? The mental blow is worse than the physical blow? No it isn't. Not this day and age I'm afraid. Whether we agree with it or not as fans, managers and players don't consider it as important as it used to be, particularly as we have a potential Wembley date on the cards.

Wenger was right, every loss is a disaster.

Pathetic.

In 3 of 4 competitions still and we're all melting.

Nothing is ever good enough. I despise Spurs fans sometimes.

Just support the fucking club.

Oh and great, Champions league contenders West Spam just scored....just scored as they have fucking Strikers ! (take note Mr Baldini )
Coached by a T. Sheringham no less, someone we apparently turned down a few years ago as a striker coach in favour of Sir Les.

Makes me want to puke that Spam are having a decent season.

Wtf is this? The mental blow is worse than the physical blow? No it isn't. Not this day and age I'm afraid. Whether we agree with it or not as fans, managers and players don't consider it as important as it used to be, particularly as we have a potential Wembley date on the cards.

Wenger was right, every loss is a disaster.

Pathetic.

In 3 of 4 competitions still and we're all melting.

Nothing is ever good enough. I despise Spurs fans sometimes.

Just support the fucking club.
Supporting the club and being unhappy at the nature of yesterday's exit aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

We were. We were controlling the game and looked comfortable until the lucky bounce got them their equaliser. I think most people have just watched the BBC highlights and judged the game on that alone.

Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele actually did ok, a few stupid misplaced passes aside (which just about everyone did) they held possession well with some one touch triangles.

Townsend and Lamela both did ok, although both need to learn to release the ball quicker. They kept to the wings quite often and stretched Leicester as a result; an early pass could have been better.

Soldado had a good game. He was so tenacious. Every time a ball came over the top which he had no chance of heading (vs a giant CB) he still went in for it, still fought for every ball. Won it a good few times too. Won the penalty with a lovely turn, completely did the defender. Also his tenaciousness should have seen their guy sent off for slapping him in the face, which he did because he realised Soldado had gotten the better of him. Don't know why the ref only booked him for it, could be because the Leicester fans were baying for ref blood after booking their guy for diving.

Fazio was great, Kaboul fine, Chiriches and Rose ok except some silly errors, especially Rose with some terrible passes.

Vorm some great saves and commanded the box well, just let himself down at the end with that fumble.
Tenacity :eriksenserious:

Back
Top Bottom