So, how would you rate Andre Villas Boas' era?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would you rate AVB's time at Spurs?

• He should have been given more time

Votes: 83 40.1%
  • He was okay, but not good enough for Tottenham

Votes: 70 33.8%
  • He was a poor choice from the beggining

Votes: 54 26.1%

• Total voters
You mean to say a club with a tiny stadium and the 6th highest wage bill in England, whose transfer record is 'only' £30m can't compete with the billionaire clubs? :adeohshit:

Who knew...
Don't see the need for sarcasm, because plenty of people seem to be under the impression we don't need new owners, and yet can aim for the top. Plus, lots of people during Chelsea's winning run of the last ten years and more have said that it won't last , etc. 'We'll end up being more successful than them, it'll all fall to pieces, mark my words, rich man's plaything, he'll get bored, then you see, blah, blah blah. While I was saying, this was fantastic for Chelsea, and IF there was a chance it could have been us, we missed out on the chance of a lifetime, indeed a century or more.

Well for ten years they've been spectacularly wrong, and I've been spectacularly right over this matter. :thumbup:

Also been saying for years we'll never win the Lge or CL under ENIC while we're at our current stadium. The only chance is the new stadium under them, but I'm not confident at al even then, I'll revisit that prediction WHEN the new stadium is built.

Last edited:
plenty of people seem to be under the impression we don't need new owners, and yet can aim for the top

What would you want from a new owner that could change anything?

Sure, the stadium. I'll give you that one.

What else? This is the age of FFP. A new owner wouldn't mean a huge spending spree. A new owner would change nothing other than the chairman and the stadium time line.

I'm all up for a new chairman. Joe Lewis will pop his clogs any day now too. But other than that, a new owner would really change nothing.

What would you want from a new owner that could change anything?

Sure, the stadium. I'll give you that one.

What else? This is the age of FFP. A new owner wouldn't mean a huge spending spree. A new owner would change nothing other than the chairman and the stadium time line.

I'm all up for a new chairman. Joe Lewis will pop his clogs any day now too. But other than that, a new owner would really change nothing.
Before I answer your post I need to know if your previous post was being sarcastic against me. Because if it was, I don't feel any need to answer, as my post was a perfectly valid one, as I've since explained.

Before I answer your post I need to know if your previous post was being sarcastic against me. Because if it was, I don't feel any need to answer, as my post was a perfectly valid one, as I've since explained.

You said the obvious, as if it was a revelation. We can't compete. I agree. I think most people on here agree.

You then say a new owner would help us compete, yet now refuse to answer how. Other than a new stadium, what would a new owner do? I can't see anything. As we've seen with Man City this year and their £30mil fine, if you over-spend you're in shit.

Chelsea will continue to be successful as long as they win things, they get huge money from Sponsors. If that ever stops they will crumble under FFP. Which is why they're trying to expand their current stadium.

You said the obvious, as if it was a revelation. We can't compete. I agree. I think most people on here agree.

You then say a new owner would help us compete, yet now refuse to answer how. Other than a new stadium, what would a new owner do? I can't see anything. As we've seen with Man City this year and their £30mil fine, if you over-spend you're in shit.

Chelsea will continue to be successful as long as they win things, they get huge money from Sponsors. If that ever stops they will crumble under FFP. Which is why they're trying to expand their current stadium.
I disagree that my post was worthy of your sarcastic response, so I'll leave it at that.
I'll doubtless have other occasions to explain why new mega-spending owners could make a difference, indeed I probably have done so in other threads.

I disagree that my post was worthy of your sarcastic response, so I'll leave it at that.
I'll doubtless have other occasions to explain why new mega-spending owners could make a difference, indeed I probably have done so in other threads.

Already took this into accounted and said it's pointless beside the stadium. Maybe huge sponsor deals like Etihad? Other than that, I can't see anything.

New owner doesn't mean we're going to splash £100m on players in January.

As much as I can't stand the stadium business and our transfer dealings, we seem to do fine outside of that and plan for the future.

Top of the line training center, great youth set up, plans to make a player lodge, things seem to be stabilising, very little debt...isn't all doom.

short answer: :baletroll:

long answer: :baletroll:

AVB with no bale: :avbcringe::avbpray:

me when bale left: :vdvcry:

edit: Levy when bale left:levylol:

AVB response to levy: :avbfu:

levy response to AVB:
1228-fired.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't see the need for sarcasm, because plenty of people seem to be under the impression we don't need new owners, and yet can aim for the top. Plus, lots of people during Chelsea's winning run of the last ten years and more have said that it won't last , etc. 'We'll end up being more successful than them, it'll all fall to pieces, mark my words, rich man's plaything, he'll get bored, then you see, blah, blah blah. While I was saying, this was fantastic for Chelsea, and IF there was a chance it could have been us, we missed out on the chance of a lifetime, indeed a century or more.

Well for ten years they've been spectacularly wrong, and I've been spectacularly right over this matter. :thumbup:

Also been saying for years we'll never win the Lge or CL under ENIC while we're at our current stadium. The only chance is the new stadium under them, but I'm not confident at al even then, I'll revisit that prediction WHEN the new stadium is built.

If you're that bothered about winning a trophy, support another team. You don't seem to understand what it means to be a supporter.
I bet if we did win a trophy, you'd start moaning that its not enough to win it once and that we should have been doing it more. Annoying old prick.

AVB was the first manager that dropped Adebayor when he was at spurs.
He had enough common sense to see trouble there.

But the point that he makes 'we had more points at that time of season than the last season'.
Yes it is true, but the season before the team showed that they could go on and finish off the season stronger.
In the season he got sacked, they showed nothing like that

Back
Top Bottom