So, how would you rate Andre Villas Boas' era?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would you rate AVB's time at Spurs?

• He should have been given more time

Votes: 83 40.1%
  • He was okay, but not good enough for Tottenham

Votes: 70 33.8%
  • He was a poor choice from the beggining

Votes: 54 26.1%

• Total voters
The football was boring, but I think it wasn't his end game - he just never got to continue his evolution.

This is an interesting point. I was talking to a United fan who felt similarly about LvG.

To be blatantly honest, I think all managers struggle to improve when the board keep selling the best players.

Jol and Carrick. Ranieri and Kante. Koeman and Lukaku. AVB and Bale.

That said, I preferred the Jol era x10. You could tell the man knew Spurs. He won in an attractive style and reconnected the fans. AVB was the polar opposite in that regard.

I still think he will be successful somewhere, if I was Everton or West Ham or Southampton or a club of that level he would be my first choice.

I know he is taking a break and said he won't return to England again, but those sort of things tend to change in football, especially at his age.

I still think he will be successful somewhere, if I was Everton or West Ham or Southampton or a club of that level he would be my first choice.

I know he is taking a break and said he won't return to England again, but those sort of things tend to change in football, especially at his age.
I'd honestly expect that if he did return to management it would be elsewhere in Europe. Definitely take him having success on the continent before he could return to England and not have the press on his back at the first dropped points.

If I'm him, I'd look to Italy - it's the one league of the top 5 that you can currently win without a blank chequebook. The logical place for him to rebuild his reputation.

Back
Top Bottom