So, how would you rate Andre Villas Boas' era?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would you rate AVB's time at Spurs?

• He should have been given more time

Votes: 83 40.1%
  • He was okay, but not good enough for Tottenham

Votes: 70 33.8%
  • He was a poor choice from the beggining

Votes: 54 26.1%

• Total voters
I really wanted AVB to succeed. I wanted him at Spurs before he joined the chavs. I watched a lot of his Porto treble season and he looked like exactly the person to take us by storm.

I don't hold any grudges. He's basically Soldado nowadays. Good looking, decent background, empty promises.

Hope he continues to tear it up in Russia. Good on him.

Seems like it had more to do with AVB's ego to me. Ever heard of first impressions? AVB made a bad one on VDV and he left. He certainly has to shoulder a decent amount of that blame.
A new young manager coming in and saying players have to fight for their place doesn't seem unreasonable to me. But a professional player that signed from real madrid, is a fan favourite and describes himself as "the man at tottenham" getting the hump at being told he isn't guaranteed a starting place... hmmmm. Thats just how i see it anyway.

I went to a few of the pre season games when AVB came in, and I'm pretty sure i went to his first game, a friendly against stevenage. If i remember correctly, Bentley played in that game, so whilst it was only a friendly, he was giving everyone a fair chance to earn their place.

I really wanted AVB to succeed. I wanted him at Spurs before he joined the chavs. I watched a lot of his Porto treble season and he looked like exactly the person to take us by storm.

I don't hold any grudges. He's basically Soldado nowadays. Good looking, decent background, empty promises.

Hope he continues to tear it up in Russia. Good on him.
We got him too young. He wasn't ready for the premier league, nor experienced enough.

To the club...yep it sure is

this mini spat between Spurs and AVB seems so petty. I mean it's obvious what was going on... AVB is partially right about the guys up top not supporting him, but he was the manager and thus was to blame. Now he's killing it in Russia and Spurs are starting to re-develop their own thing. Both parties should just give it up and let go.

this mini spat between Spurs and AVB seems so petty. I mean it's obvious what was going on... AVB is partially right about the guys up top not supporting him, but he was the manager and thus was to blame. Now he's killing it in Russia and Spurs are starting to re-develop their own thing. Both parties should just give it up and let go.
Spurs did, until AVB decided to throw shade on them out of the blue. This mess is all on one person, and it's not someone in North London...

Wrong man for the job from day dot.
Results wise he did well for the most part I suppose but some of the football was a grind.

There is a part of me that reckons we'd have been as well giving him time, but the same could be said about Sherwood and Redknapp as well.

Results were good in the first season, not so good in the second.

Football was not so good in the first season and horrid in the second.

He wasn't sacked. He lost believe and had to go.

Wrong man for the job from day dot.
Results wise he did well for the most part I suppose but some of the football was a grind.

There is a part of me that reckons we'd have been as well giving him time, but the same could be said about Sherwood and Redknapp as well.

No, I don't think you could say the same with Sherwood.
There was no master plan that needed time with Timmy.

I seem to remember we were out on our own with that one.

Not completely on your own with that although sammyspurs sammyspurs was by miles the most vocal on the AVB issue I think that's why we had a thousand pages of arguements between Sam and ArcspacE ArcspacE a while back, kind of hope the what Poch is doing will put it behind us a bit. Be good to get a united fan base for a change, a united club would also be good.

Not completely on your own with that although sammyspurs sammyspurs was by miles the most vocal on the AVB issue I think that's why we had a thousand pages of arguements between Sam and ArcspacE ArcspacE a while back, kind of hope the what Poch is doing will put it behind us a bit. Be good to get a united fan base for a change, a united club would also be good.
I meant the walked/sacked point in particular. But I know it wasn't just Sammy and me - I just couldn't remember who else. Glad that's all behind us.

I meant the walked/sacked point in particular. But I know it wasn't just Sammy and me - I just couldn't remember who else. Glad that's all behind us.

I think that probably included me I got about 6 posters have a go at me for talking about it, AVB looked like he was melting at the end the look on his face in the last few games with us and then there was all the rumour stories at the end how it happened.

Even if Levy had done everything to try and keep AVB I felt at the time his reign was going into collapse, Levy is trigger happy but even he must have been a little hesistant sacking a manager mid season with no-one but the youth team coach to take over.

I don't dislike AVB at all but being a prem manager is high pressure, I'd love to know the full story inside Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom