Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good to see some cant put the Sherwood/Bentaleb thing behind then and see him for what he is.

Mason must be relieved.....

I'm not sure Algeria's XI are worse than Tottenham.

At the moment Yacine Brahimi's better than both Lamela and Eriksen. Feghouli's a player that could easily play for Spurs, as could Islam Slimani. Mahrez is another at Leicester that has a high ceiling, and could play for a side as good as Spurs in the next year or so. Lord knows Spurs could use Faouzi Ghoulam at LB.

Aissa Mandi vs. Walker/Naughton? Close. Then you have prospects like Taider, Bentaleb, Abeid (MOTM vs. Liverpool last week, breaking through NUFC ranks).

The better argument would be that he's playing against opposition worse than PL opposition. (Why I brought up the World Cup)

Last edited:
I'm not sure Algeria's XI are worse than Tottenham.

At the moment Yacine Brahimi's better than both Lamela and Eriksen. Feghouli's a player that could easily play for Spurs, as could Islam Slimani. Mahrez is another at Leicester that has a high ceiling, and could play for a side as good as Spurs in the next year or so. Lord knows Spurs could use Faouzi Ghoulam at LB.

Aissa Mandi vs. Walker/Naughton? Close. Then you have prospects like Taider, Bentaleb, Abeid (MOTM vs. Liverpool last week, breaking through NUFC ranks).

The better argument would be that he's playing against opposition worse than PL opposition.
Mali Malawi and Ethiopia are not a great threat for sure. I nearly wrote the same thing as you did about Algeria not being that bad just couldn`t do it. Too frustrating... :paulinhofacepalm:

Already destroying a 19 year old who came into the side and did relatively well. Spurs fans are the best.

I really liked the way how Algeria played at the WC (heart , passion) if we had 10% of that at Spurs....
O.K. there is no Eriksen / Lamela alike player but he doesn`t look that much better for Algeria like Rose did for Sunderland. He is very calm in his decision making , maybe he won`t make it at Spurs in the longterm but comparing him to Rose is a bit unfair he is still 4 years younger. I`m sure that he will play at a higher level than Rose will during his career.
I wasn't comparing them player for player I was using Rose at Sunderland as an example for how a semi-decent player can look good in a less squad

Already destroying a 19 year old who came into the side and did relatively well. Spurs fans are the best.
If you're refering to my comment I did say that he doesn't cut it for me...

I understand that he is young and will develop but like I said in a previous comment I think we could have a better young option that we would benefit more from.

FUCK ALL OF Y'ALL. BENTALEB 4 LYFE.

giphy.gif

So talented and composed on the ball. When he bulks up a bit and learns the defensive side of the game as he ages, him and Mason are going to be incredible midfield partners IMO.

I would 100% give him a start against Everton above Benji. Based solely on Stambouli's complete lack of pace.

Possibly, but I think Dembele getting subbed off early today all but guarantees him getting the start.

Bentaleb is just coming back from injury, it would be asking him too much to start a big game already.

Possibly, but I think Dembele getting subbed off early today all but guarantees him getting the start.

Bentaleb is just coming back from injury, it would be asking him too much to start a big game already.

That's a fair point. Honestly, I know this is completely off topic, but I would actually prefer to see Chiriches move up and play next to Mason and have Dier start at CB. Vlad's dribbling skills are actually quite high and he looked good in a forward position this past weekend. I know that this is something that will probably never happen, but I think it would be very interesting to see if it would work.

Back
Top Bottom