Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure Algeria's XI are worse than Tottenham.

At the moment Yacine Brahimi's better than both Lamela and Eriksen. Feghouli's a player that could easily play for Spurs, as could Islam Slimani. Mahrez is another at Leicester that has a high ceiling, and could play for a side as good as Spurs in the next year or so. Lord knows Spurs could use Faouzi Ghoulam at LB.

Aissa Mandi vs. Walker/Naughton? Close. Then you have prospects like Taider, Bentaleb, Abeid (MOTM vs. Liverpool last week, breaking through NUFC ranks).

The better argument would be that he's playing against opposition worse than PL opposition. (Why I brought up the World Cup)

Aissa Mandi is close to Kyle Walker? Not a song or dance imo.

Obviously. But I don't think you can deny that he has the dribbling skills required to play the position.
Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree. He seems like a recipe for dribbling in circles, a la Scott Parker.

If you want to put someone in midfield solely for their dribbling skills, that man's name is Mousa Dembele, but we need more from our midfielders than that.

Chiriches is not moving into midfield.

And he'd be absolutely terrible at it. Guy has enough problems staying in position and releasing the ball from the back. He'd try to dribble all the time in the midfield like Dembele but just constantly give the ball away.

Just me or did he a look a lil bit bigger today? Looks more like a young man than the child of last season (who still impressed btw).

He certainly has the frame to put on a decent amount of muscle. Skinny, young and wiry he should be able to bulk up like Bale did.

I love his potential as a defensive midfielder. That much ability and composure on the ball combined with his athleticism is a fantastic combo. More bulk and experience will only make him better.

He certainly has the frame to put on a decent amount of muscle. Skinny, young and wiry he should be able to bulk up like Bale did.

I love his potential as a defensive midfielder. That much ability and composure on the ball combined with his athleticism is a fantastic combo. More bulk and experience will only make him better.
I loved the way he was pointing and urging everyone forward. Great to see.

Mason raised my blood pressure a few times in the second half with some errant attacks. He brings a directness that Bentaleb doesn't have, but Bentaleb is a lot more disciplined tactically and on the ball. Very complementary relationship, and long may it continue.

Mason raised my blood pressure a few times in the second half with some errant attacks. He brings a directness that Bentaleb doesn't have, but Bentaleb is a lot more disciplined tactically and on the ball. Very complementary relationship, and long may it continue.
Agreed, it's early days but they seem to compliment each other perfectly.

Bentaleb, Mason, and Kane just have a youthful urgency, drive, and willingness to impress that people like Dembele, Capoue, and Paulinho are missing. Yes maybe they will make individual errors from time to time, and lack a bit of know-how, but I do not see any reason for them not to be starting anymore.

Back
Top Bottom