Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah, we're all descended from test tube babies, placed on the earth by our lizard overlords.

Bunkum and utter tosh...

Cassidy-Donald-Trump-Nigel-Farage-1200.jpg

...oh, no you may have a point!

Looked like an absolute world-beater in a shit Schalke side. Excellent forward passes and also denied a second goal.

Fans are already admiring him.

I think it was a huge mistake.

Some players have different strengths in different leagues.

Taraabt was brilliant in Italy, for example

Yep well it seems that Poch and Bentaleb didn't get on apparently but Bentaleb in his first season under Poch was easily one of our best players.

Out of all the players we are getting rid of he is the guy in a few years who will probably be a top player. Oh well.

Its horses for courses, 4th choice here or starting in Germany

Remember Gylfi? same thing, looks good in a smaller team. Lets see how he does this season not just one game, which they have lost against relegation survivors last season

Stop looking at everything in isolation - its one game, a draw against liverpool we sniff around for reasons, oh its because Bentaleb wasn't there, would he have saved the penalty or help set up a winner? No, as he didn't last season either

come on guys stop it

Remember Gylfi? same thing, looks good in a smaller team.
I don't think that's comparable to be honest. Siggy never really showed much for us during his time here. Bentaleb actually did really well for Sherwood and Poch in his first year. To me it seems like his departure is more a personal issue thing between him and Poch, as opposed to simply not geing good enough.

I don't think that's comparable to be honest. Siggy never really showed much for us during his time here. Bentaleb actually did really well for Sherwood and Poch in his first year. To me it seems like his departure is more a personal issue thing between him and Poch, as opposed to simply not geing good enough.

Yet I'd argue Siggy did more and showed more for us in a crap side

Gascoigne8

Would be nice to have more detail as to why you're rating Bentaleb over Siggy, but here's some stats:

Bentaleb - 66 games, 1 goal.
Sigurdsson - 85 games, 13 goals.

Here he is scoring against Chelsea
sigurdsson-goal.gif

...and another against Chelsea...
8721679152_7c181474b8_o.gif

His 'wonder goal' against Hull
SPU1-0HUL.gif
tumblr_static_8g6n69e99dgccs88g0kwcooo4_640_v2.gif

....winner against Southampton
23-03-2014-GifNumber-234.gif

"never showed much for us" though?

Siggy kept us looking decent throughout the dross of AVB - I sometimes wonder what Poch could have done with him.

Fact is, Bentaleb had a good game against Woolwich, but will unfortunately otherwise be remembered for poor passing and positioning, and the obvious Sherwood stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bentalebs best performance was at left back in a nothing game against Everton on the last day of the 2014/2015 season. That pretty much sums it up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bentalebs best performance was at left back in a nothing game against Everton on the last day of the 2014/2015 season. That pretty much sums it up.

Ah that's true actually. Forgot about that.

Gascoigne8

Would be nice to have more detail as to why you're rating Bentaleb over Siggy, but here's some stats:

Bentaleb - 66 games, 1 goal.
Sigurdsson - 85 games, 13 goals.

Here he is scoring against Chelsea
sigurdsson-goal.gif

...and another against Chelsea...
8721679152_7c181474b8_o.gif

His 'wonder goal' against Hull
SPU1-0HUL.gif
tumblr_static_8g6n69e99dgccs88g0kwcooo4_640_v2.gif

....winner against Southampton
23-03-2014-GifNumber-234.gif

"never showed much for us" though?

Siggy kept us looking decent throughout the dross of AVB - I sometimes wonder what Poch could have done with him.

Fact is, Bentaleb had a good game against Woolwich, but will unfortunately otherwise be remembered for poor passing and positioning, and the obvious Sherwood stuff.

Siggy was so under rated. One of my favourite Tottenham players. Was so useful and talented, criminal that we didn't let him develop and give him a starting spot.

Stop looking at everything in isolation - its one game, a draw against liverpool we sniff around for reasons, oh its because Bentaleb wasn't there, would he have saved the penalty or help set up a winner? No, as he didn't last season either

come on guys stop it

I see Andy Barcham scored the equaliser for AFC Wimbledon...
not to mention Grant Ward scoring again for Ipswich!

How we could've done with their goalscoring prowess!!!!

Siggy was so under rated. One of my favourite Tottenham players. Was so useful and talented, criminal that we didn't let him develop and give him a starting spot.

I remember you would watch an entire game and not know he was playing, though.

Blamed him at the time, when I think it was actually AVBs odd tactical failures at fault.

I see Andy Barcham scored the equaliser for AFC Wimbledon...
not to mention Grant Ward scoring again for Ipswich!

How we could've done with their goalscoring prowess!!!!

Reminds me of a few years back - I wonder how Massimo "Levy better had put a buy back clause in" Luongo getting on these days? Keeping Messi out of the side in Barca?

:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom