Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite liked how he kept possession when we was surrounded by pool players and was practically on the floor.
He reminds me a little of the "new" Lamela, definitely a WIP version though, which is a very good sign indeed.

Oh crap... I'm new to this... WTF is a WIP?

Wee In Piss???
Wank In Public??
Walks Into Pubs??

I really dunno!

I enjoyed Josh's little cameo. Yes, he ran into a few blind alleys, but he had the confidence to try some stuff as well.
His first action was to take on and beat Milner, then win a corner. Must have been inside first min of coming on. His next was to receive the ball on half way line, with his back to goal with 4 oppo players around him, he turned took two out of the game, then ran between the other two (can't remember what he did in next action, but I know he didn't lose possession). Thrid action was again to take the ball with oppo around him, think he tried to take on someone and it didn't come off. Fourth was to press high. Fith the final whistle blew.

Josh looks talented and lively but as green as New York on St Paddy's day. Gut feeling is he will be a important player but not for a good season or two.

Any loan for him must be to club that will use him properly otherwise I have no issue with him staying and learning under Poch getting cup and sub appearances.

There was nobody on the bench that Poch trusted to come on with so much time left when Dier went to full back. Winks would have been the logical change, with Dele staying forward.
If he had trained on as we would have hoped then Nabil should be doing that.

What game were you guys watching? Onomah was poor. He's like the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz.
Can't stay on his feet and he seems to lack for confidence. He should definitely be loaned out to a championship club for the season. He is still not ready.

Josh looks talented and lively but as green as New York on St Paddy's day. Gut feeling is he will be a important player but not for a good season or two.

Any loan for him must be to club that will use him properly otherwise I have no issue with him staying and learning under Poch getting cup and sub appearances.
Also needs to beef up a bit. Quite a bit actually. He looks lightweight. Send him to fitness classes with Erik & Eric as soon as his balls have dropped.

Played alright together with Stambouli today.

But they are really, really off the fitness which would have been required here. Schalke ran a lot, they were KO after 70 minutes. I don't want to know what Poch does with the squad in pre-season to get them running like those Duracell bunnies.

Played alright together with Stambouli today.

But they are really, really off the fitness which would have been required here. Schalke ran a lot, they were KO after 70 minutes. I don't want to know what Poch does with the squad in pre-season to get them running like those Duracell bunnies.
It's odd though because I'm sure I've read that Bentaleb was an absolute monster in training. One of the fittest & fastest of the lot. I suppose some players are great trainers & look half fucked after an hour playing competitively. Others (eg King Ledley) could rest & repair between games, preserve energy & just perform when it mattered.

It's odd though because I'm sure I've read that Bentaleb was an absolute monster in training. One of the fittest & fastest of the lot. I suppose some players are great trainers & look half fucked after an hour playing competitively. Others (eg King Ledley) could rest & repair between games, preserve energy & just perform when it mattered.

Basically everyone in the dressing room said Bentaleb would run the most in pre season (Ha, didn't feature) and that he runs the most in training and has the best endurance. Then it turns out he's unfit as fuck. Very weird.

Back
Top Bottom