Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not convinced with Dier as a DM but I suspect we will see him start there at Old Trafford as we will probably need the extra cover to cope with their attack. As Lamela's fitness is still a question mark I think chances are good we will line up the way we did against MLS all-stars

I was so impressed with Alli, I would love to see him start and get a chance but only Poch knows and if Mason is fit he would probably get the nod. Trippier looked far better than Walker as well but again I doubt he will get the chance. FWIW this would be the lineup I would send out

--------------------Vorm------------------------

Trippier--------Verts-----Toby-------Rose

-----------Bentaleb---Alli---------------------

Dembele---------Eriksen------------Chadli

--------------------Kane----------------------

I am not convinced with Dier as a DM but I suspect we will see him start there at Old Trafford as we will probably need the extra cover to cope with their attack. As Lamela's fitness is still a question mark I think chances are good we will line up the way we did against MLS all-stars

I was so impressed with Alli, I would love to see him start and get a chance but only Poch knows and if Mason is fit he would probably get the nod. Trippier looked far better than Walker as well but again I doubt he will get the chance. FWIW this would be the lineup I would send out

--------------------Vorm------------------------

Trippier--------Verts-----Toby-------Rose

-----------Bentaleb---Alli---------------------

Dembele---------Eriksen------------Chadli

--------------------Kane----------------------
I would love a Bentaleb/Alli mid. Hoping that's how it plays out.

United 8/13 or Spurs 4/1 for the win ( 13/5 draw ) why the lack of optimism? with Ade & Roberto on the bench along side our under 12's we have a really good shout :adegrin2::soldadolol:

This has come around far too quickly for my liking, there's something not quite right about playing football this early. Hope the team are more ready than I am! Hoping for a win naturally, but think we'd do well to get a draw.

With the 6 in the morning start to get the train , I think I will take the draw ! , Really worries me with the lack of signings we have made and playing tonight and tomorrow a few days before the season starts the chance of picking up a injury , It's going to happen to Kane it's the sort of thing that would happen to Spurs!

This will be first away day that isn't in London, (not including Swansea as we drove) so will there be singing on the train that early or is that being optimistic?
Are you getting the train from Euston ? If so what time ? I'm up for a good sing song and a few beers on the way up there

Lloris

Walker
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Rose

Alli
Bentaleb

Dembele
Eriksen
Chadli

Kane

Not much chance of Poch playing this. Doubts over Hugo, He may play Trippier, I'm sure Verts will start. Will he chuck Alli in? Then it's Lamela/Moussa.

I feel one slip up could really cost us and I'm afraid Verts really doesn't fill me with any confidence. Wimmer reminds me of a mix of Daws and Kaboul at their best. However I will admit I'm going off YouTube highlights and 2 friendlies.

Dembele had tended to have good games vs United and worked well with Alli vs Madrid. He may not produce anything spectacular but I feel we have more chance of getting a result with him in the side over Lamela

We can and have had debated the merits of Lamela but no way he should start Saturday. He looked way off the pace and is weeks behind the rest of our squad in terms of match fitness. Expect we would see him as a sub though.

Where is Townsend been? Is he injured or just frozen out?

Have we actually officially named our captain for this season yet. I know it was expected to be Lloris but don't remember seeing anything official from the club.
My guess is they will wait until the end of the window in case anyone leaves suddenly.

RW and DM are the only two positions everyone is unsure of at this point I imagine. It'll be interesting to see who plays today against Milan, I think that might be an indicator of who's actually getting the nod on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom