Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RW and DM are the only two positions everyone is unsure of at this point I imagine. It'll be interesting to see who plays today against Milan, I think that might be an indicator of who's actually getting the nod on Saturday.

Maybe we pull a Sherwood and have Walker play RM and Trippier RB. Have to believe Dier will start there on Sat. He's played with the first team at DM in all the friendlies.

So, just FWIW, here's how many minutes were put on the legs of our players in the Audi Cup.

GK: Vorm 90, McGee 55, Lloris 35
DF: Rose 90, Walker 90, Alderwiereld 90, Vertonghen 90, Wimmer 90, Trippier 90, Fazio 90, Davies 90
MF: Lamela 135, Bentaleb 114, Carroll 111, Chadli 99, Dier 99, Onomah 94, Alli 90, Dembele 90, Winks 57, Eriksen 69, Mason 36
FW: Kane 86

The one which really surprises me is Bentaleb. I would have thought he is a nailed on starter for Saturday so that many minutes is questionable?

I think the picture is pretty clear for Saturday now as to who will play. Mason and Lamela looked off the pace because of injuries and probably a week or two away.

------------------Lloris---------------------

Walker------Verts------Toby-------Rose

--------------Alli/Dier-------Bentaleb

Dembele----------Eriksen-----------Chadli

-----------------Kane----------------------

That is what I expect to see Saturday. Personally I think Dier at DM is a terrible idea but he has gotten almost all the time with first team in that role.

Possible youthful line up.

----------------------Lloris---------------------

Trippier------Toby------Verts-------Rose

----------------Winks-----------Alli

Onomah----------Carroll-----------Chadli

-----------------------Kane--------------------

Honestly think this was the best team in the Audi Cup. OK, maybe Bentaleb instead of Winks.

Hard to judge though, Eriksen did not look that good but he was playing against Real Madrid and AC Milan were pretty pants against us.

Last edited:
What do you think our players do in training, play tidily winks? The reason why players hate pre-season so much is because they run a lot. Poch training is 90mins of high intensity work and in pre-season does it twice (double sessions) every other day. Playing a game of football is easier than the training. The issue with our pre-season is not minutes accumulated but being in Germany playing two games while we have an early KO away from home 3 days latter, which takes the focus off our opponents.

Having said that and because i am an eternal optimist, playing against AC Milan and Real Madrid in the Allianz Arena could actually be great experience for the majority of our young squad.

Lloris
Trippier Alder Verts Rose
Alli Bentaleb
Dembele Eriksen
Kane Chadli
Not going to happen, but I would really like to see us playing Chadli and Kane upfront. Both strong in the air with Trippier putting some good crosses in. Dembele to track back at times.

Know it has been friendlies only... but Lamela seemed really frustrated. He actually has that killer pass ability, but he just doesn't contribute enough to make it into the starting eleven at this point.

Lloris
Trippier Alder Verts Rose
Alli Bentaleb
Dembele Eriksen
Kane Chadli
Not going to happen, but I would really like to see us playing Chadli and Kane upfront. Both strong in the air with Trippier putting some good crosses in. Dembele to track back at times.

Know it has been friendlies only... but Lamela seemed really frustrated. He actually has that killer pass ability, but he just doesn't contribute enough to make it into the starting eleven at this point.

Lamela is just getting back. He probably won't feature this weekend. He needs a few weeks of practice.

Tottenham are stuck in Germany until Thursday afternoon after Real Madrid are the team flying back tonight.Tottenham will train at Alianz Arena tomorrow then fly back. Then board another plane to Manchester

I think that is bullshit and the Daily Mail doing what they do best, lying. We use a charter service from Stansted, we basically tell them when we want to fly out and when to fly back. I have flown out with the team a couple of times for EL games a couple of years ago.
Agreed. More daily fail bs.

man-utd-xi-football_3333081.jpg

That lineup ain't frightening...Kane can cause Blind problems easy...wish Lennon was still useful as his pace would smash Shaw. Maybe Trippier can expose him

Back
Top Bottom