Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be shocked if Jones doesn't partner Smalling barring injury. Kane v Blind is a mis-match in our favour.

Our potential starting XI could be so many combinations right now. I'm not sure if this is a good thing (i.e United won't have a clue who is playing and where) or a bad thing (our players won't know who is playing and where).

Based on the friendlies and what little I've seen, I'll expect something like this. Hopefully Hugo will make it.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Alli Bentaleb
Dembele Eriksen Chadli
Kane

Vorm, Dier, Walker, Wimmer, Mason, Lamela, Carroll on the bench.

I've probably missed someone glaringly obvious.

Aren't United going to line up like this?

de Gea
Darmian - Smalling - Blind - Shaw
Carrick - Schneiderlin
Depay - Mata - Young
Rooney

I've got a massive sense of déjà vu, harking back to august 2011. We got smashed by United away and then City at home because we didn't have a DM. We waited til last knockings to sign Parker and Adebayor, and paid for it in the end. If we would have earned a point from either of those matches we would have finished third.

We never seem to learn.

man-utd-xi-football_3333081.jpg

Slowish team overall (like ours). If our passing is on point and we don't play silly buggers playing the ball out from the back in dangerous areas, I think we can complete.

[formation=4231, Lloris (Vorm), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Alli, Bentaleb, Dembele, Lamela, Chadli, Kane][/formation]
Expect Lloris to be out and Dier, Eriksen, Walker to start though.

I've got a massive sense of déjà vu, harking back to august 2011. We got smashed by United away and then City at home because we didn't have a DM. We waited til last knockings to sign Parker and Adebayor, and paid for it in the end. If we would have earned a point from either of those matches we would have finished third.

We never seem to learn.
Yet the lemmings cue in line to suck his cock after some bullshit renderings of shit unlikely to ever happen

The eve of the season for adults is like Christmas Eve for children. I am struggling to keep my mind focused on work. Everything about it makes me giddy; the optimism, the deep routed pessimism. The players walking out of the tunnel. Sitting with mates cracking opening the first beer. Perching on the edge of my seat at our first attack (just being in the opponents half counts on opening day), the vomit feeling of the opponents first attack (them having the ball anywhere on the pitch counts on opening day). The elation of the first goal and despair of the first conceded.

I can't fucking wait.

Schweinsteiger was never going to play. De Gea is the big surprise. I think our chances with him out of the line up goes up, will still be tough of course going by teams on paper but de Gea is capable of winning games single handedly. Then again, we'll be without Lloris.

Van Gaal: 'we have no injuries, it's unbelievable'

'Schweinsteiger will not be fit for the opening match'

No De Gea as well, good news! Best case scenario, Hugo has a stinker bit we win the match XD

Back
Top Bottom