Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

deadline.jpg

:levyeyes:
I probably spoke too soon :eriksenlip:

Is there any ITK's spouting stuff on the Coach/Manager situation?

I need a fix of rumours, even bullshit, especially when people get inventive and make it plausible, by adding make supplementary info; eg, LVG was seen off his swede in faces, and the next day was looking at houses in Cheshunt etc etc.

Is there any ITK's spouting stuff on the Coach/Manager situation?

I need a fix of rumours, even bullshit, especially when people get inventive and make it plausible, by adding make supplementary info; eg, LVG was seen off his swede in faces, and the next day was looking at houses in Cheshunt etc etc.

Dutch correspondent on talksport yesterday said that LvG had proposed to Levy to bring FdB with him as an associate with guarantee as successor. It would seem to be in line with ITK from a poster on SC a couple months ago that LvG intended to bring another top coach with him to take over in 2-3 years. Of course, all this followed up with him saying he thinks LvG is still holding out for the Man U job.

Dutch correspondent on talksport yesterday said that LvG had proposed to Levy to bring FdB with him as an associate with guarantee as successor. It would seem to be in line with ITK from a poster on SC a couple months ago that LvG intended to bring another top coach with him to take over in 2-3 years. Of course, all this followed up with him saying he thinks LvG is still holding out for the Man U job.

I would take that a kick start from van gaal with FDb taking over, it's all speculation now though but would be crazy if it happened.

TE="cahspur, post: 526293, member: 2291"]Dutch correspondent on talksport yesterday said that LvG had proposed to Levy to bring FdB with him as an associate with guarantee as successor. It would seem to be in line with ITK from a poster on SC a couple months ago that LvG intended to bring another top coach with him to take over in 2-3 years. Of course, all this followed up with him saying he thinks LvG is still holding out for the Man U job.[/QUOTE]
Cheers mate, did see that one but thanks all the same

TE="cahspur, post: 526293, member: 2291"]Dutch correspondent on talksport yesterday said that LvG had proposed to Levy to bring FdB with him as an associate with guarantee as successor. It would seem to be in line with ITK from a poster on SC a couple months ago that LvG intended to bring another top coach with him to take over in 2-3 years. Of course, all this followed up with him saying he thinks LvG is still holding out for the Man U job.
Cheers mate, did see that one but thanks all the same[/QUOTE]

Well balls, that's all I got.

Honestly, I'm just anxious for the day we announce someone, anyone of real promise. I've even warmed up to the idea of hiring Benitez ffs.

Utter BS. Will never happen. FDB is already a top manager, few years assistant coach of Holland achieving WC final and leading most trainings with top players like RVP and Robben, four years Ajax four championship plus lots of Champions League experience.

Rumours in Spain about him replacing Tata Martino as head coach of Barcelona. Much more likely than him becoming second man at Spurs.

Utter BS. Will never happen. FDB is already a top manager, few years assistant coach of Holland achieving WC final and leading most trainings with top players like RVP and Robben, four years Ajax four championship plus lots of Champions League experience.

Rumours in Spain about him replacing Tata Martino as head coach of Barcelona. Much more likely than him becoming second man at Spurs.

I think Frank would do better there, the job practically does itself if you can keep the fans happy, and just like Guardiola he's a former player which helps. Thanks to the nandolene and what no, not exactly a legend, but fondly remembered nonetheless.

If that happened I would cream myself, literally.

I think Frank would do better there, the job practically does itself if you can keep the fans happy, and just like Guardiola he's a former player which helps. Thanks to the nandolene and what no, not exactly a legend, but fondly remembered nonetheless.
He might be a better choice, i agree. However, i'm pretty certain FDB would not choose us as his first foreign club to manage. He has said multiple times he likes the situation at Ajax, clear vision and philosophy in all departments of the club which he likes. No bullshit at the club anymore, just a focus on football and making players better. He, and his brother Ronald who is a tv-analyst, have hinted that he would prefer to stay his whole career over joining a club where the situation is not somewhat resembling that at Ajax.

Here we think he is destined to end up at Barcelona after he leaves Ajax.

Fear not amigo, I sounded out a similar response when I saw the post a couple months ago. Coming to Spurs from Ajax isn't really an upgrade even in the modern game, and especially not as an assistant.

When Jol joined up as an assistant with Santini as head coach he'd won coach of the year in the Dutch league a couple of times. However even with this in mind I can't see this as anything else other than utter bollocks.

He might be a better choice, i agree. However, i'm pretty certain FDB would not choose us as his first foreign club to manage. He has said multiple times he likes the situation at Ajax, clear vision and philosophy in all departments of the club which he likes. No bullshit at the club anymore, just a focus on football and making players better. He, and his brother Ronald who is a tv-analyst, have hinted that he would prefer to stay his whole career over joining a club where the situation is not somewhat resembling that at Ajax.

Here we think he is destined to end up at Barcelona after he leaves Ajax.

Sorry if I mislead you, but this is what I meant. He has playing connections with Barca, so he would do better at Barca and also be unlikely to join us as he isn't a former player of ours and so would have a difficult job to win the fans over (an easier task at Barca I feel, due to his former player status)

Back
Top Bottom