Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly - he's taken 8pts from 8 games. Shame after nearly 50 games we couldn't have been good enough to end the season with a strong run. 16pts from 24 would mean going into the last day with a shout of 4th.

Impossible dream? Unrealistic? Does everybody really think it would've taken £50m in January to do it? Or, if we had a really good coach/manager and had maybe even invested in 1 decent player in September or January that it couldn't have happened?!?

Perhaps just a defence not as shit as ours (shitter than all but a couple of relegated/relegation teams by the way) might have been enough.

We need to challenge these things, as should the club from top to bottom.

Dont expect an answer. Matching 69pts, last years total is supposedly out of all realistic expectations.

That would see us going head to head for 4th next wk end.

Its entitled to expect more than 1pt from Stoke, Stoke, Palace, Palace

It's not just the league table position. They were getting out-shot badly in volume and quantity. And were getting worse as time went on. Adkins wasn't fixing their issues. Pochettino came in and did fix them. And fixed them enough that SAF called Soton under him the best team Man Utd faced all year.

Thats rubbish, they had a dodgy start to the season lost 8 of their first 10 games, then turned the corner, losing just 3 (LFC, MUFC, SAFC) of the next 16 games. Hence why there was such suprise at Adkins sacking at the time.

Sammyspurs
wow-nerd-south-park-580.jpg

Yeah I really thought you was an Espanyol fan....go cry me a river.

You must be such easy pickings in court. Shambles, the oppo must love it when you walk in.
More of the same eh Sammy? Keep them coming. Just makes you look like an argumentative saddo- when you've run out of anything to say, start throwing childish comments out. It's you that's the shambles. Quite obviously.

I think you have to understand the thought process behind MP an, now, Mitchell's appointments.
MP seemed to be able to coach young, unknown players and bring out the best, whilst Mitchell has a rep for digging out suitable players, usually at low cost.
We could not appoint a 'top' manager. They would need finances to build a squad of proven, high paid talent.
Money is going to be very scarce if we want our shiny new expensive stadium. They cost money. It is also going to be quite scarce for some time after ( see woolwich ) The only way we are going to compete for big signings is by selling players on at a profit.
The idea is to stay in touch whilst trying to play as exciting as possible. If we achieve more then fine. However, it's a big ask for any manager to upstage the four of Chavs, City, Woolwich and Man U on a budget like ours. Liverpool are testament to that who have a much better pedigree in the league and Europe than we do.

Look, we may do. Who knows, but all this talk of De Pay's & Greizzman's is fantasy. I would love to see us challenge for the title, breeze into the top 4.
Maybe one of those 4 will have a meltdown and we capitalise. Maybe we will click and our squad outdo Man U's £379.4m, City's £353.7m, Chavs £301.8m & Woolwich's £242.7m.
We may just outdo Liverpool's £253.8m one this.

Let MP do his job.

There is a close correlation between club wage bills and league positions and indeed squad costs..
Man U should be fighting for the title, City are where they should be, Chavs and Woolwich do better.
Liverpool though should be in the top 4.
Ours is the 6th most expensive squad, £178m, with the 6th highest wage bill.

AVB, Poch and Tim.

maybe none are good enough? We will see
Redknapp and Ramos too. Kaboul always was the same error prone defender. Adebayor has always been Adebayor. Modric was never going to be adequately replaced (he's too good to simply swap). Dembele can't play at the tempo a CM needs to. Chriches can't play without screwing up.

But yes, it's all about managers.

What some also seem to conveniently dismiss when we had those 2 top 4 finishes is that Man City were not yet securely financially doped - and we still scraped it

They won the fucking league 2011-12 when we finished 4th .... oh hold on we finished above chelsea i expect there were not yet securely financially doped... and we scraped it by 4 points that season as well.... (and by 3 points the previous time)

:adethumbup::kaneshh:

Thats rubbish, they had a dodgy start to the season lost 8 of their first 10 games, then turned the corner, losing just 3 (LFC, MUFC, SAFC) of the next 16 games. Hence why there was such suprise at Adkins sacking at the time.
Isn't rubbish. Their shooting was crap. So was their defending. Soton pulled the trigger and Pochettino got the numbers to improve and arguably saved the year. Les Reed knows what he's doing. He then replaced Pochettino with a guy who can do the same thing (and they've finished in roughly the same place).

They're not making decisions based on league tables at Soton, and are embarassing everyone else because of it.

Isn't rubbish. Their shooting was crap. So was their defending. Soton pulled the trigger and Pochettino got the numbers to improve and arguably saved the year. Les Reed knows what he's doing. He then replaced Pochettino with a guy who can do the same thing (and they've finished in roughly the same place).

They're not making decisions based on league tables at Soton, and are embarassing everyone else because of it.

Is.

Thats what gooners say about us too....I tell them to fuck off we deserved it.

What do you say when gooners belittle us? Pat them on the back and agree.....
Nice one
Don't insult me now mate. Your quite adept at twisting remarks & putting your own spin on them. You have now used my 'Man City were not entrenched' and 'Chavs played to get AVB sacked' to accuse me of being a collaborator with the enemy?
Ever thought of writing for the Sun,
Fuck me you have too much time on your hands.
Calm down, chill out. You are wasting valuable energy with this negative, pedantic, nit picking. Have you not got anything else to do?
That's what happens in the league. Sometimes one team does better because the other team doesn't. There are always reasons.
However, in todays game it's becoming slightly more predictable & boring. Who knows FFP may have an impact.

Who knows MP may win the league next year, Kane may prove those who thought he was shit correct by doing fuck all next season and Lamela bang in 30 goals and Paulinho win player of the year.
Nobody really knows. That's why hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't insult me now mate. Your quite adept at twisting remarks & putting your own spin on them. You have now used my 'Man City were not entrenched' and 'Chavs played to get AVB sacked' to accuse me of being a collaborator with the enemy?
Ever thought of writing for the Sun,
Fuck me you have too much time on your hands.
Calm down, chill out. You are wasting valuable energy with this negative, pedantic, nit picking. Have you not got anything else to do?
That's what happens in the league. Sometimes one team does better because the other team doesn't. There are always reasons.
However, in todays game it's becoming slightly more predictable & boring. Who knows FFP may have an impact.

Who knows MP may win the league next year, Kane may prove those who thought he was shit correct by doing fuck all next season and Lamela bang in 30 goals and Paulinho win player of the year.
Nobody really knows. That's why hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Your just being silly now?! ;)

Again I return to the trophies issue. Lge-wise we're doing par for the course, given our status.

Of course I have long wished that we had a top owner like City and Chelsea have so our par for the course would be much higher than under the ENIC regime.

But given we have ENIC what infuriates me is how little silverware they deliver. For a club with our history it's simply not good enough. Even Sugar did much better in terms of trophies per year, as did Scholar, and of course some of our less famous chairmen/owners did wayyyyyyy better.

Audere est facere .... do ENIC truly understand this motto?

And those glory 'quotes' we read in the stadium and on the official site ....... reallly o_O

The way we threw away our chance at Wembley this season with the 'Florence fiasco', absolutely infuriating. Okay, that presumably was Poch's fault rather than ENIC's.

But maybe they could have quoted some of that audere est gloria stuff at him? Got our trophy list out and read it to him, how we managed to win the FA Cup as a non-league side might have been a start. Not to mention had we bought another striker in January, maybe our squad wouldn't have been so stretched, and putting Poch under so much pressure, with a fixture pileup that was totally predictable once we'd made the semi-final of the Lge Cup.

More of the same eh Sammy? Keep them coming. Just makes you look like an argumentative saddo- when you've run out of anything to say, start throwing childish comments out. It's you that's the shambles. Quite obviously.

Stop being a knob. I thought you were a decent poster rather than trying to be a face. You contradict your own posts over every thread. It's quite odd. Sammy... What do you want other than to upset everyone on this forum? If I had enough time in my life I could pull you up on each & every contradictory post you make. You like to think you are clever. The truth is you recycle old arguments to suit your current gripe. Everyone on this forum sees what a cunt you are. Go play with your Swedish ladies

Sammy. Nobody likes you on here. You are an argumentative little shit. Even people who used to like you realise what a fucking cunt you really are. Why don't you take your gifs of disabled children & slutty attempts to win the Internet somewhere else?

From the man who got sin binned for being an argumentative cunt with little to offer.

You're consistently showing yourself to be an argumentative cunt with little to offer to the forum. Now behave

Come on sammy. Got anything more hideous to post just to prove how hard you are? Any other minority or disadvantaged person you want to poke fun at whilst living it up in Sweden from behind a keyboard? I used to respect you. But you are a complete cunt aren't you ?

He's a cunt. Thinks he rules the TFC world with dodgy legal pedantics. If half the shit he puts on here is half true, then he is one helluva high flyer. If he is, then how the fuck can he post over 10,000 times & hold a job down, & sleep, & have a normal life?. I somehow think that he talks a load of shit & because it's in flowery language, it means he wins. Let's see the substance

Petty personal dig? Fuck off. I have supported you guys in the teeth of some opposition. My dig at you isn't personal. I just happen to think you are a cunt who soils the reputation of some very intelligent Americans who post on here.

You are a gooner you cunt. You do nothing but poke at anything positive as far as Spurs are concerned. Crawl back under your stone you bell end.

Disagree all you want. You've been repeatedly found out as a fool by various posters on here. You sprouted a pair of testicles when you got Sammy on board-only a day earlier you were whining about leaving the forum because of being bullied. You argue shit points to the point of boredom. Gibbsy- you are well & truly outed.

What makes a troll...someone with a strong opinon on Spurs?

Or someone going around the thread saying troll and cunt in every post, and not talking about Spurs

I prefer Arce to you lately, and I can't stand him.

You use to be opinionated, but post some smart sensible stuff. You at least tended to stick with your opinions and admit when you were wrong. Now it's the same shit, every day, on every thread, for months while fence sitting. Take a break, it'd be good for you.

I prefer Arce to you lately, and I can't stand him.

You use to be opinionated, but post some smart sensible stuff. You at least tended to stick with your opinions and admit when you were wrong. Now it's the same shit, every day, on every thread, for months while fence sitting. Take a break, it'd be good for you.

:gio:

Back
Top Bottom