Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah the ok

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

If they aren’t desperate for him to stay. Why spend 100s of hours a year defending him & attacking others for wanting levy out then? Even to the degree you start giving personal abuse. I guess it’s unfair to expect you to know their motives. Maybe just trolling!

I agree that protests wouldn’t work & I am resigned to levy being here many more decades. Interesting you hold that view as a few of the levy fans criticise us a lot for not protesting. We are soft southerners so wouldn’t do a hostile protest anyway. Not got it in us. That’s more northern fans.
I think enic & levy will only go when they get a lot of ££££ for selling up. I would still like protests & people to speak their mind, rather than just lay down & accept we can’t be up there fighting for titles like Woolwich or actually win a fa cup.

I respect your views but I think we can compete with Woolwich & don’t have to just be grateful to be looking up at them way above us. All because we could be down there like Everton. You sound very beating down Memphis . I think levy & enic do that. In the end you are content with watching on as Woolwich fight for titles whilst telling yourself ‘thank god we ain’t Everton’.
To be clear do you want levy & enic to go or stay? Not whether it can happen. Just what you would like. Sounds like your leaning towards playing it safe & sticking with them?
I honestly don't care who owns the club. I don't want it to be some oil nation who use us as just another domino to fall in the destruction of the sport. I would not follow the club if it turned into another Citeh, I truly mean that.

We could possibly benefit from a change in leadership, we could possibly suffer for it. Like everything else, it's more complicated than it seems like from the outside. FSG were very unpopular until they managed to get over the top. Boehly spent a ton of money and hired Poch, and was practically getting praise on this forum last summer - now he's a source of much humour. The Kroenke's have been derided by their own shareholders/supporters for years, and have been the source of plenty of laughs here as well.

If someone like the Reuben brothers wanted to buy Spurs and take a crack at it, I'd be happy to see something different. But it could very easily go terribly wrong.

FWIW, I don't believe Levy will ever leave. Whether he's shit at being a chairman and too fiscally conservative to win trophies, I don't doubt that he's very attached to the club at this point. I've said many times that if ENIC sells I fully expect it to be to a Levy led consortium with Levy buying out Joe's majority stake. Tottenham has been his life's work at this point, and I doubt he walks away from that unless someone bowls him over with an offer that wildly overvalued the club. It's just an investment to Joe, but it's more than that to Levy.

Last edited:
Still relying on Ben Davies and Hojbjerg for depth and shock horror neither are good enough.

That Summer window with Kane gone needed to be huge, instead it was just adequate. Limping toward the finish line and the failures will cost us champions league football (therefore cash) because we refuse to do anything but the bare minimum.

Forwards as well. Sold Kane and the only forwards added were Brennan Johnson and an on-loan Timo Werner in Jan. Son on his last legs, will we be going for a Kvara or a Leao to replace him? Nope, we'll lose the best forward partnership the club has ever had and we'll do fuck all about it. And when we had those forwards in their prime years on long contracts, we did FUCK ALL to support them. Only after selling Kane did we finally add a CB worth a damn. Levy just sat back and watched them drag us to European places for years. Now ones back has gone and the other wised up and fucked off.

You can't charge the highest prices and deliver what this club delivers. We embody low-risk decision making and living within your means. The result is we perform pretty much where you'd expect. Which is the antithesis of what football fans actually want, i.e excitement, unpredictability. Although I guess losing at home to all your rivals this season (even a Moyesy led W. Ham!) is unpredictable. Soulless fucking entertainment bowl might be a profit-spinner but isn't exactly a fortress, is it?

But anyway, that's this season. Out of contention for any glory nice and early, getting bent over by rival sides and left hunting the glory that is finishing in the top four so we can go and win nothing in another competition. Now that's done too, thanks to a certain good ebenin' team who were fighting relegation not long ago and are dragging their exhausted team in to a European semi-final at the same time. But these projects take time, lads...

Were you lot at the protest today before the game?

Oh wait....🥴
No, as I’ve told you before, I don’t go to games anymore because I will not give these thieving parasites any more of my money. And I’m certainly not travelling down there for a protest because these cunts don’t care about us fans, so I’ll resort to letting off steam on here along with other like minded fans who can see through these cunts and there agenda!

You can't charge the highest prices and deliver what this club delivers.
23 years and counting.

16 years since the last trophy.

The longest Spurs had gone without a trophy, before ENiC rocked up, in my lifetime, was the 8 years from 73-81 and the 8 years from 91-99.

We then waited 9 years from 99-08.

The Spurs crowds from the 70's and 80's would never have accepted this shite is the truth.

Spurs are just another team now; rather than trophy collectors.

We have all accepted it by tolerating the Sugar and ENIC regimes for as long as we have.

The alternative is to accept a top four finish as a modern day trophy win and enjoy the cabaret at the megadome.

Still relying on Ben Davies and Hojbjerg for depth and shock horror neither are good enough.

That Summer window with Kane gone needed to be huge, instead it was just adequate. Limping toward the finish line and the failures will cost us champions league football (therefore cash) because we refuse to do anything but the bare minimum.

Forwards as well. Sold Kane and the only forwards added were Brennan Johnson and an on-loan Timo Werner in Jan. Son on his last legs, will we be going for a Kvara or a Leao to replace him? Nope, we'll lose the best forward partnership the club has ever had and we'll do fuck all about it. And when we had those forwards in their prime years on long contracts, we did FUCK ALL to support them. Only after selling Kane did we finally add a CB worth a damn. Levy just sat back and watched them drag us to European places for years. Now ones back has gone and the other wised up and fucked off.

You can't charge the highest prices and deliver what this club delivers. We embody low-risk decision making and living within your means. The result is we perform pretty much where you'd expect. Which is the antithesis of what football fans actually want, i.e excitement, unpredictability. Although I guess losing at home to all your rivals this season (even a Moyesy led W. Ham!) is unpredictable. Soulless fucking entertainment bowl might be a profit-spinner but isn't exactly a fortress, is it?

But anyway, that's this season. Out of contention for any glory nice and early, getting bent over by rival sides and left hunting the glory that is finishing in the top four so we can go and win nothing in another competition. Now that's done too, thanks to a certain good ebenin' team who were fighting relegation not long ago and are dragging their exhausted team in to a European semi-final at the same time. But these projects take time, lads...

Lol...today proved how good davies and hojberg is.....

funny enough the fan base was happy with werner and johnson lol......

Also in regards to Son....how many years does he have left really? We are talking about a 32 year old that relies on his pace....

Forget replacing Kane...how the hell is levy going to replace Son..?

Also in regards to Son....how many years does he have left really? We are talking about a 32 year old that relies on his pace....

Replacing Son will be easy- don’t kid yourself about it. Richly would be a net better starter for us than Son.

Forward planning Richy in a year early for Kane . Then Johnson in a year early for Son

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

The fact they are not a tenth as good does not matter

I honestly don't care who owns the club. I don't want it to be some oil nation who use us as just another domino to fall in the destruction of the sport. I would not follow the club if it turned into another Citeh, I truly mean that.

We could possibly benefit from a change in leadership, we could possibly suffer for it. Like everything else, it's more complicated than it seems like from the outside. FSG were very unpopular until they managed to get over the top. Boehly spent a ton of money and hired Poch, and was practically getting praise on this forum last summer - now he's a source of much humour. The Kroenke's have been derided by their own shareholders/supporters for years, and have been the source of plenty of laughs here as well.

If someone like the Reuben brothers wanted to buy Spurs and take a crack at it, I'd be happy to see something different. But it could very easily go terribly wrong.

FWIW, I don't believe Levy will ever leave. Whether he's shit at being a chairman and too fiscally conservative to win trophies, I don't doubt that he's very attached to the club at this point. I've said many times that if ENIC sells I fully expect it to be to a Levy led consortium with Levy buying out Joe's majority stake. Tottenham has been his life's work at this point, and I doubt he walks away from that unless someone bowls him over with an offer that wildly overvalued the club. It's just an investment to Joe, but it's more than that to Levy.
On what planet does he think that after 25 years his fiscally conservative approach is going to finally see us win the league

He’s a fu king wanker

On what planet does he think that after 25 years his fiscally conservative approach is going to finally see us win the league

He’s a fu king wanker
Don't disagree, but he's also not the majority owner. He almost surely has to meet financial targets Lewis sets. His ego and attachment of the club is likely what keeps him coming back - most "successful" convince themselves that without them the operation will fall apart. Probably considers himself Tottenham's best chance at hitting a difficult target.

Which posts in particular has made you come to this conclusion then? :gallashmm:
Well in the last couple of hours you've been in this thread labelling his critics as Twats, Simpletons, and Cunts etc. so it's the only logical conclusion I can reach, I'm afraid.
You're anger and bitterness is entirely directed at those who think our club deserves better

Back
Top Bottom