Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Expected no less of an explanation as to why you are convinced by Poch to be fair

Sigh... okay lets do this.

I didn't say i was. The two things are mutually exclusive.

Regardless what you think of Poch, still crying over a manager that was sacked nearly three years ago will make no difference at all to whether he is a success at Spurs or not.

But don't let that stop you from replying to posts with answers to questions that weren't being asked just so you can get your soap box out.

Even in his final 6 months where he, on your own acceptance, was responsible for a capitulation as bad, if not worse, than the one we have had this season with a squad, you have just accepted, isn't good enough. Are you now suggesting that the squad Harry had in his last season wasn't good enough either?

Harrys capitulation was as bad. Thats been my entire point.

Its you and others who cannot admit that Poch has also fucked up since we beat arse.

Sigh... okay lets do this.

I didn't say i was. The two things are mutually exclusive.

Regardless what you think of Poch, still crying over a manager that was sacked nearly three years ago will make no difference at all to whether he is a success at Spurs or not.

But don't let that stop you from replying to posts with answers to questions that weren't being asked just so you can get your soap box out.

I put a little cross by your post. Its how youve communicated to me for the last two months. Now you want to discuss? nah, Im alright.

I put a little cross by your post. Its how youve communicated to me for the last two months. Now you want to discuss? nah, Im alright.

You quoted my post you boring little toad.

Plus my mother always told me if i have nothing nice to say, then to say nothing at all.

Last edited:
Harrys capitulation was as bad. Thats been my entire point.

Its you and others who cannot admit that Poch has also fucked up since we beat arse.
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Harry was excellent for us (although won nothing & capitulated in his last 6 months but still shouldn't have been sacked) whilst Poch has been shit & should only avoid the sack because you can't be arsed with another managerial change. Thanks for clearing that one up

Ahhhh. Gotcha. Harry was excellent for us (although won nothing & capitulated in his last 6 months but still shouldn't have been sacked) whilst Poch has been shit & should only avoid the sack because you can't be arsed with another managerial change. Thanks for clearing that one up

Harry capitulated and we ended up 4th, 1pt off 3rd....total other level

Maybe you missed his previous seasons while you were an Espanyol fan

No, they didn't have a bearing on the cup final, but they were available to play in the league immediately which meant that Harry could shuffle his pack more for the rest of the season leading to a stronger finish to the season after the cup final with some competition & fresher legs to come in. I don't disagree with you about ENIC's antics with managers. It's nothing short of a farce but I don't think this season has been the wash out a lot of people think it has. There have been some flashes of what may yet come (both positive & negative) but it's way too early to start drawing comparisons or thinking we are doomed under Poch

I agree, I'm just sick of those who are convinced we're on the road to the promised land (although they don't actually really know or care what that is) because of Poch when, as you say, the flashes have been both positive and negative. For me the positives have been flashes, the negatives have been plenty, even when making a lot of concessions about our squad mis-balance and it being early days and all that.

I will support him and the team and will still support Spurs if we get relegated but that doesn't mean I won't call it as I see it or be furious and gutted if the worst is to happen. Having people slating those who are negative just because they think being blindly positive is being a real supporter are more irritating to me.

Just accepting we are where we should be, we should be patient, grateful and all that buzz also gets on my tits eventually. Pragmatism is fine, realism is also ok but, I don't like either to be constantly used as an excuse for failure, it's a fucking loser's attitude. Everybody can always make a thousand excuses as to why they fail to make themselves feel better or kid themselves and others, winners don't accept those excuses, they live to defy them.

We are where we are because of a myriad of fuck ups and to me that is what will afford Poch time, not necessarily because he deserves it due to his ability but because we have to try it that way.

Harry capitulated and we ended up 4th, 1pt off 3rd....total other level

Maybe you missed his previous seasons while you were an Espanyol fan
Oh dear Sammy. Resorting to your usual nonsense when things aren't going your way. I've been a Spurs fan since I was 6. That's 40 years. Now less of the ridiculous comments & let's debate Spurs eh?

Oh dear Sammy. Resorting to your usual nonsense when things aren't going your way. I've been a Spurs fan since I was 6. That's 40 years. Now less of the ridiculous comments & let's debate Spurs eh?

Whats not going my way?

I have admitted Harry capitulated to the same level as Poch.

You still cant fault Poch though., You demand answers, then dance around the more telling issues.

Could you answer how 6th is par, but the squad is not good enough

9pts from 13 games...

Post of the year mate
You are claiming that's his record. It isn't.

You're conveniently ignoring the 4 years he was managing them before that, when he saved them from relegarion and took them to midtable despite having an owner doing the same thing Mike Ashley does.

Yes, he couldn't save them in that final year. Klopp got Mainz relegated, and Bill Nicholson took a double-winning side to 8th. But they're just a couple of shit managers as well...

You could call it a capitulation but we took 16 points from the last 13 games, we've taken 18 points from our last 13 games this season.

Has poch been linked with the Argentina job? :adewtf:

Exactly - he's taken 8pts from 8 games. Shame after nearly 50 games we couldn't have been good enough to end the season with a strong run. 16pts from 24 would mean going into the last day with a shout of 4th.

Impossible dream? Unrealistic? Does everybody really think it would've taken £50m in January to do it? Or, if we had a really good coach/manager and had maybe even invested in 1 decent player in September or January that it couldn't have happened?!?

Perhaps just a defence not as shit as ours (shitter than all but a couple of relegated/relegation teams by the way) might have been enough.

We need to challenge these things, as should the club from top to bottom.

They were 15th when Adkins got the push, and finished 14th with Poch.
It's not just the league table position. They were getting out-shot badly in volume and quantity. And were getting worse as time went on. Adkins wasn't fixing their issues. Pochettino came in and did fix them. And fixed them enough that SAF called Soton under him the best team Man Utd faced all year.

Exactly - he's taken 8pts from 8 games. Shame after nearly 50 games we couldn't have been good enough to end the season with a strong run. 16pts from 24 would mean going into the last day with a shout of 4th.

Impossible dream? Unrealistic? Does everybody really think it would've taken £50m in January to do it? Or, if we had a really good coach/manager and had maybe even invested in 1 decent player in September or January that it couldn't have happened?!?

Perhaps just a defence not as shit as ours (shitter than all but a couple of relegated/relegation teams by the way) might have been enough.

We need to challenge these things, as should the club from top to bottom.
I like your re-writing of history to suit your preferences. The squad's a mess unsuited to anyone. 3-5 managers have found the same problems.

What some also seem to conveniently dismiss when we had those 2 top 4 finishes is that Man City were not yet securely financially doped - and we still scraped it - We capitulated towards the end of the season next year - as is par the course. The next time we did it Chavs decided not to turn up in the league to get AVB sacked. They only won 3 games after he was sacked too. However, they decided to up their game a notch in the CL.
That and Liverpool were not firing.
Now we have 4 teams all with considerably better squads and finances than us (woolwich can also take off the financial restraints ) and a resurgent Liverpool to contend with.

If we could have afforded to spend on decent midfield and attacking options in January - when we were sitting 3rd, 3 points ahead of Woolwich with a game in hand at the end of December - the year Chav's got AVB sacked & won the CL, we may have pushed on and kept it.
We couldn't afford to. We have not got the financial muscle.
Didn't we get Saha and Neilsen on frees?

Last edited:
What some also seem to conveniently dismiss when we had those 2 top 4 finishes is that Man City were not yet securely financially doped - and we still scraped it - We capitulated towards the end of the season next year - as is par the course. The next time we did it Chavs decided not to turn up in the league to get AVB sacked. They only won 3 games after he was sacked too. However, they decided to up their game a notch in the CL.
That and Liverpool were not firing.
Now we have 4 teams all with considerably better squads and finances than us (woolwich can also take off the financial restraints ) and a resurgent Liverpool to contend with.

If we could have afforded to spend on decent midfield and attacking options in January - when we were sitting 3rd, 3 points ahead of Woolwich with a game in hand at the end of December - the year Chav's got AVB sacked & won the CL, we may have pushed on and kept it.
We couldn't afford to. We have not got the financial muscle.
Didn't we get Saha and Neilsen on frees?

Thats what gooners say about us too....I tell them to fuck off we deserved it.

What do you say when gooners belittle us? Pat them on the back and agree.....
Nice one

Whats not going my way?

I have admitted Harry capitulated to the same level as Poch.

You still cant fault Poch though., You demand answers, then dance around the more telling issues.

Could you answer how 6th is par, but the squad is not good enough
Why make spurious suggestions about who I support? Cos you "felt like it" I guess.
6th is par for the squad we have at present. 6th is par because of the club's unwillingness to invest heavily in the transfer market so far under the new manager. Is Poch a par 6 manager? Who knows at this moment. & as you don't care what Harry did for the other 27 years of his career, I'm not arsed about what Poch did at Espanyol or Southampton. I have criticised him where it's been warranted. In fact I expressed concern when we were linked with him. But he's here now & whilst it's not been perfect, there have been enough signs for me that with some tweaking, we could be on the verge of something special.

Back
Top Bottom