Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were 3rd for most of that season and roughly 12 points ahead of Woolwich so know we didn't throw away 4th this season.

Bit selective that isnt it? We were 12 points ahead of them and finished one point behind.

We were one point ahead, and look to finish at least 10pts behind and at most 16pts behind them.

Why is one a capitulation, and the other isnt?

I'm not saying he is/was shit as a manager. I'm saying that he didn't shit gold as some people would like to think & left certain clubs in deeper shit than he joined them with. He was a competent manager. No more, no less. One trophy in his whole managerial career doesn't scream "legend" to most people.

You seem very concerned with what he did elsewhere which is odd, when you completely overlook what Poch did in Spain...where he left the club when they were bottom after a run of 9pts in 13 games.

Then he inherited what Adkins had started at Southampton and they had good season.

Stuff of legend indeed

Last edited:
And if we threw away 3rd that season did we throw away 4th this season? We were above Woolwich when we beat them now look at us.
Except that Woolwich signed top quality players since then as we brought in Davies and Vorm

Why don't you piss of once and for all and go support Villa or QPR if you hate everything about Spurs while thinking Redknapp and Sherwood shat gold. All you every do is slate the club and its management. Almost as if you were a gooner troll cunt...

Bit selective that isnt it? We were 12 points ahead of them and finished one point behind.

We were one point ahead, and look to finish at least 10pts behind and at most 16pts behind them.

Third should have been ours that season and it was a definite capitulation. This season, it was only really a purple patch from Kane that got us briefly in touching distance of 4th. We were never really in contention. We started off the season poorly and it was only the Kane spell where we actually played well.

You seem very concerned with what he did elsewhere which is odd, when you completely overlook what poch did in Spain
Why is it odd? He inherited a very good squad that was badly under performing under Ramos after the league cup final- which we won.
This was a team that contained the likes of Modric, Woodgate, King, Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Lennon, Bale and Corluka. Working with an open chequebook made his task all the easier, as the £40m spent in January on Keane, Defoe, Palacios and Chimbonda proved. £40 million spent in the January window...& we got to a league cup final- which we lost.

We had much better teams than Redknapps team, 81-82, 84-85 and the 87 were far superior to his team.
Give it a few year and another decent team will develop as long as Levy doesn't sell them.

Agree, people forget that Bale was a hit and miss player under Redknapp, great one game, quiet the next 2-3, VDV was good but could also be incredibly frustrating (like Eriksen), King was amazing but often injured, Modric and Parker were our most consistant performers. It was a good team, at least a good first 11 but we had weaknesses, we didn't have Lloris, our strikers were average compared to Kane at least etc. I just think the players we had and Redknapp's style fitted well which is why we got two 4th places and should have got 3rd.

I suppose you could compare the two teams. Redknapp's best is probably the below although looking at MY football facts we rarley had this due to injuries, it was often Gallas, Livermore, Pav, Defoe etc. Our first 11 under Redknapp was better (when fit which was not much) but neither were perfect, certainly not as strong as the current Chav or Citeh teams. I would say we had a more balanced team under Redknapp for sure.

[formation=4411, Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, BAE, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale, VDV, Ade][/formation]

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Dier, Verts, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Why is it odd? He inherited a very good squad that was badly under performing under Ramos after the league cup final- which we won.
This was a team that contained the likes of Modric, Woodgate, King, Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Lennon, Bale and Corluka. Working with an open chequebook made his task all the easier, as the £40m spent in January on Keane, Defoe, Palacios and Chimbonda proved. £40 million spent in the January window...& we got to a league cup final- which we lost.

I didnt say it was odd that you talk about what Harry did here....I said its odd that keep talking about QPR and Pompey and what he didnt win 20 years ago, while (again) skipping over Pochs shit record in Spain, the the fact he inherited Adkins team, had a decent season, then jumped ship at the first opportunity.

He inherited a squad that people claimed was useless and full of people not willing to put a shift in, a squad that should be ripped apart etc..... a bit like people are claiming now funnily enough.

As for those 40 million pound signings, 3 of them were refunds.

Last edited:
Third should have been ours that season and it was a definite capitulation. This season, it was only really a purple patch from Kane that got us briefly in touching distance of 4th. We were never really in contention. We started off the season poorly and it was only the Kane spell where we actually played well.

So because we played well and got third but finished 4th, thats worse than never even being in contention at all?

This season we were on for 5th, and might finish 7th...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How does either scenario prove that one manager is better than the other? This was a settled Redknapp team that he had spent heavily on over a number of windows, although I agree that his final transfer window he didn't get the players he needed to push on. How is that any different from this season? In the January window, we didn't strengthen & paid the price. We were left with a lot of important fixtures in February, culminating in a cup final. I don't think Poch has had the luxury of shuffling his pack anywhere near enough. It's clear that certain players don't figure in his plans at all. We can speculate whether that is poor man management on his part or whether there are some players who are complete cunts that he couldn't shift out. If we are having the same debate this time next year having had money to spend & trimmed his squad of the players he doesn't want, then I will have come round to the view that Poch may not be the right man. But all these arguments about who is the better man seem very premature. Harry had a vast amount of experience behind him. Poch has a whole career ahead of him. As does Sherwood. Let's see how things pan out in the coming months before we start whining about how bad Poch & his team are.

He inherited a squad that people claimed was useless and full of people not willing to put a shift in, a squad that should be ripped apart etc..... a bit like people are claiming now funnily enough.

As for those 40 million pound singings, 3 of them were refunds.
Who said he inherited a useless squad? I said quite the opposite.

But the £40m he spent in January was on players cup tied for the league-cup so they had no bearing on that really? If we're saying Poch is struggling because they're not 'his' players and he's inherited a poor(er) squad then that was the same for Sherwood who did ok and AVB was in the first few months of losing a peak-Bale and gaining 7 players who are STILL deemed mostly mis-fits or failures 18months later so what chance did he have?

It's all ifs and buts, the here and now is that we have Poch, we have to a stick with him but, I think we have to stick with him because of the past 2-3years of fucking carve-ups by the board, not because he's definitely a decent coach let alone a brilliant one.

It'll be 2136 and your disembodied heads in jars will be arguing telepathically about whether Redknapp should have got the boot or not.

latest

But the £40m he spent in January was on players cup tied for the league-cup so they had no bearing on that really? If we're saying Poch is struggling because they're not 'his' players and he's inherited a poor(er) squad then that was the same for Sherwood who did ok and AVB was in the first few months of losing a peak-Bale and gaining 7 players who are STILL deemed mostly mis-fits or failures 18months later so what chance did he have?

It's all ifs and buts, the here and now is that we have Poch, we have to a stick with him but, I think we have to stick with him because of the past 2-3years of fucking carve-ups by the board, not because he's definitely a decent coach let alone a brilliant one.
No, they didn't have a bearing on the cup final, but they were available to play in the league immediately which meant that Harry could shuffle his pack more for the rest of the season leading to a stronger finish to the season after the cup final with some competition & fresher legs to come in. I don't disagree with you about ENIC's antics with managers. It's nothing short of a farce but I don't think this season has been the wash out a lot of people think it has. There have been some flashes of what may yet come (both positive & negative) but it's way too early to start drawing comparisons or thinking we are doomed under Poch

It'll be 2136 and your disembodied heads in jars will be arguing telepathically about whether Redknapp should have got the boot or not.

latest
It's the same 2 troll cunts infecting every thread with this agenda-driven bullshit - follow the pattern closlely and you'll quickly find the cancer

Haha, some people have an answer for everything.

Now we didn't capitulate in 'Arry's final season? lol.
Unbelievable isn't - funniest part is when someone quotes their self-contradicting posts - proving they're only here to stir arguments by always posting contradictory comments of zero worth

Back
Top Bottom