Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not ignoring what you're saying, I just don't accept that it was the only choice or necessarily the right one either. Also stating that I'm hardly re-writing history by saying that whatever the reasons for the choice of course taken, those 8pts were not impossible.

As for Capoue and Stambouli not being good enough compared to two kids that are absolutely fucked after our 48-50th games......yeah ok.
The continual ignoring of Stambouli is something I find very baffling. I don't rate Poch as a manager so far, and the Stambouli situation is one reason why.

“I have a squad of 25 players who can play at the top level," Wenger said. “Unfortunately you can only start 11.

"Third place is a step forward from where we finished last year," admitted Walcott.
"But we want to - and need to - be pushing on now and trying to challenge for the title.

One major difference between us and them (manager aside), is mentality.
A manager that gives his players belief.

You dont see them crying about how impossible it is to be the 4th best team.
If only we took some pride in this club and stopped hiding behind the imaginary iron curtain of 4th spot. Utd have been shit this year and there they are.
Not so sure that an alleged lover of young people would give me self belief! I would just be watching my kids in front of him.

They evidently aren't, as they aren't playing, and no one at the club's crying about it, now are they?

How do you know? Seems you call everybody's opinions out as based on fantasy and conjecture but, then back up yours with the same level of assumption and think it's insight.

I have actually not disagreed with your reasoning behind the mis-balance of the squad, totally agree there is a long-game (there has to be) and that Poch has his ideas that might work. However, as you say, those kids are young, inexperienced, have been played in new positions/roles, heavily fatigued. Having seen quite a few games where that's been glaringly obvious and we've suffered for it, I don't believe that Capoue or Stambouli wouldn't have been better options. If not one of them two then Dembele could've certainly done a job at times.

As for not binning the cups for the sake of the league, Poch managed to bin the lot in 10days with either a lack of conviction or know-how or both. In MY opinion, which I'm allowed. I don't like it, others think it's fine.

Even when Woolwich had no cash, while paying off their stadium, they still had more than us. The extra money buys consistency.

Even if they dont buy top bracket players?

The difference is that they see 4th as minimum requirement and we see it as the same level as trying to win the CL.
They dont want to be 4th best....key.

You dont need a world class squad to be 4th

Even if they dont buy top bracket players?

The difference is that they see 4th as minimum requirement and we see it as the same level as trying to win the CL.
They dont want to be 4th best....key.

You dont need a world class squad to be 4th
Never said I did. But being able to consistently finish fourth would be more than we can do right now.

Whether he signed him or not is irrelevant, why not give him a chance instead of continually playing Mason & Benty?

Both look fucked to me!

:pochsmirk:

The excuse might just be not spending more than the club can afford on players and seeing the club hit the buffers like Portsmouth, Leeds, Blackburn etc.

FFP is there to (albeit very badly) regulate clubs who have been given more money then they could produce were it not for a benefactor and try to make clubs spend sustainably.

To say Levy can now break FFP rules now doesn't mean that he should.

He said it was ONE reason he didn't rate Poch as a manager!

Who is the Clownshoe?

or the clueless cunt?

:adelol:
Cheers for pointing that out Bazali.
Unfortunately even basic comprehension and reasoning skills seem to be beyond the wit of some of our fellow forumites.

Of course you have to also add in sheer virulent hatred, when it comes to my posts, from the more ardent members of my 'fan club' :thumbup:

I could write 1+1 = 2 , and there's a good chance I'll get a 'disagree' and a 'clownshoe cunt' thrown in for good measure :roflmao:

Last edited:
Whether he signed him or not is irrelevant, why not give him a chance instead of continually playing Mason & Benty?

Both look fucked to me!

:pochsmirk:
Exactly, AND IF Poch is NOT playing Stambouli or anyone else merely because they weren't 'his signing', then that may well be another reason not to rate him as a manager. (Public information notice: The above sentence was partly written in bold to help the 'hard of understanding' :))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom