Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The one thing that I am wondering about is how safe will it be for Spurs fans to travel out to Istanbul for the match? Obviously Turkish football fans are well known for being very fanatical in their support, but there have been problems in the past for British football fans who have travelled there for away matches...

will be quite safe and sound unless -of course- you don't insult turkish flag -as the leeds fans did- or the religion -as feyenoord fans did-. other than those two strict taboos, you may enjoy your visit.

+may have a brawl with local lads unrelated to football (girls, loud chants, bills, etc.) but hey, these might happen anywhere on earth.

Hello everyone.I'm from Turkey and i'm fan of Besiktas FC.First of all you don't have to worry about Besiktas fans.Yes we sing loud along the matches,but our fans are the one of the most honest fans of the Turkey.I don't think that our supporters will attack opponent team ''unless'' your ones act so rude like as someone said burning the Turkish flag or opening terrorist flags during the match or before the match.We are mostly worried about the away Partizan match because Serbian people don't like us at all,and we don't like them neither.Have a nice trip to Turkey :) We won't be using our real stadium so the match will be in the ''Olimpiyat Stadyumu'' which is so far from the city.You must be careful about booking hotels.

I was already going to be spending a month in Florence in February this means I can get my fix of Spurs.

snob.png
:adebaehug:

So my dad has just splashed out on the top boutique hotel in Florence. They bring you free wine in the evening and cognac after dinner.
This is the man that slept in his reliant robin when he went to Feyenoord in 74. I feel like that's how it should be done.
#AgainstModernAwayDays

It's the greatest City in the World :bae:

that's three jobs you've got to hand over to us, your western friends. My girlfriend lived in England for a year and a half when she was three-- she can't give blood because of your mad cows, she used to think the Queen was her grandma and she developed a slight 'british' accent. I have made love to her many times-- would any of her aforementioned accomplishments help me with a passport?

If the games are on the same time as the CL, then UEFA (and the TV companies that may show these games) wouldn't be able to command the same advertising revenue as currently.

Money talks.

Simply solution would be to play the games on alternate weeks. Week 1 CL games, week 2 EL games.

• Really looking forward to it this year. Think Poch will very much take it seriously. Think it might take something special to get top 5 never mind top 4 in the league. Good cup runs and attractive footie and I'll be happy. After the last 2 seasons of utter shite I just want to be entertained.
I'll admit I wanted the back of Harry but fuck me... I'd take his brand of football back in a shot.

One of these then.

Sweden Elfsborg CC: 11.265
Hungary Debrecen CC: 10.325
Cyprus Omonia CC: 10.150
Croatia Hajduk Split CC: 9.925
Switzerland Grasshoppers CC: 9.645
Russia Krasnodar CC: 9.399
Russia Rostov CC: 9.399
Croatia Rijeka CC: 8.925
Netherlands PEC Zwolle CC: 8.862
Belgium Lokeren CC: 8.760
Greece Asteras Tripoli CC: 8.720
Cyprus Apollon Limassol CC: 8.650
Ukraine Zorya Luhansk CC: 8.193
Kazakhstan Aktobe CC: 8.150
Cyprus AEL Limassol CC: 7.650
Azerbaijan Qarabağ CC: 7.575
Finland HJK CC: 7.435
Azerbaijan Neftchi Baku CC: 7.075
Romania Astra Giurgiu CC: 6.951
Romania Petrolul Ploiești CC: 6.951
Turkey Karabükspor CC: 6.840
Denmark Midtjylland CC: 6.760
Belarus Dinamo Minsk CC: 6.725
Poland Ruch Chorzów CC: 5.775
Bosnia and Herzegovina Sarajevo CC: 5.500
Belarus Shakhtyor Salihorsk CC: 5.225
Slovakia Spartak Trnava CC: 5.200
Croatia RNK Split CC: 4.925
Moldova Zimbru Chișinău CC: 3.075
Kazakhstan Astana CC: 1.900
Iceland Stjarnan CC: 1.350

Narrowed down to 5 opponents then...

Group 2
Seeded
1 Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
2 FC Zürich (SUI)
3 CD Nacional (POR)
4 Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
5 FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)

Unseeded
6 FC Spartak Trnava (SVK)
7 Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE)
8 FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
9 AEL Limassol FC (CYP)
10 HNK Hajduk Split (CRO
)

It's true that I don't exactly rush home to watch a Europa league match and because I'm confident of the victory I won't kick up a stink if I happen to miss it. But I still love watching spurs whoever we play. Europa league will let us get a look at some of the young players coming though and that adds an extra layer of interest.

God some people here stayed up till 3am and took the morning off work just to watch a friendly against a terrible Chicago team. Yet a European fixture isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom