Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't get the time off work mate. All the parents have nicked the slots as it's six weeks holiday. I messaged you a photo of the dates all blacked out on my work system. I'm not that gutted as it's a bit early in the season and it'll be cheaper later on in the groups. Not only that but barely anyone is going!
Keep an eye out. Limassol youth are after you :adeohshit: I heard from their top boy poppodopoulous.

I missed you :adebaehug:

You joining the fantasy league this year or you gonna bore us about how awesome your team is throughout the season again without actually being up against any of us?

No - There are now a maximum of 5 teams that can qualify, but only if the EL winners finish outside of the top 4. If the EL winners finish in the top 4, only 4 will qualify. It was brought in to stop what happened to us from happening again. The only way the 4th placed team can miss out now is if both the EL and CL winners finish outside of the top 4. Of course that will never happen, but if it did... you can guess who'd miss out.
Wow - karma does hate us

Asteras Tripolis Football Club (Greek: ΠΑΕ Αστέρας Τρίπολης) is a Greek football club from the town of Tripoli in Arcadia, Greece.
Tripoli (Greek: Τρίπολη, Trípoli, formerly Τρίπολις, Trípolis; earlier Τριπολιτσά Tripolitsa) is a city of about 33,000 inhabitants in the central part of the Peloponnese, in Greece. It is the capital of the regional unit of Arcadia and the centre of the municipality of Tripoli, pop. 47,000.
Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) , formerly known as Asteras Tripolis Stadium, is a football stadium in Tripoli, Greece. The stadium has been the home stadium of Asteras Tripoli F.C. until the construction of the New Asteras Tripolis Stadium. The stadium holds 7,616 seats.

...It's a fucking tiny town in the middle of Greek countryside!

Istanbul top of my travel list so really pleased with that, good excuse to book a holiday...
Anyone know how the fixtures work or when we'll know when game will be?

Asteras Tripolis Football Club (Greek: ΠΑΕ Αστέρας Τρίπολης) is a Greek football club from the town of Tripoli in Arcadia, Greece.
Tripoli (Greek: Τρίπολη, Trípoli, formerly Τρίπολις, Trípolis; earlier Τριπολιτσά Tripolitsa) is a city of about 33,000 inhabitants in the central part of the Peloponnese, in Greece. It is the capital of the regional unit of Arcadia and the centre of the municipality of Tripoli, pop. 47,000.
Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) , formerly known as Asteras Tripolis Stadium, is a football stadium in Tripoli, Greece. The stadium has been the home stadium of Asteras Tripoli F.C. until the construction of the New Asteras Tripolis Stadium. The stadium holds 7,616 seats.

...It's a fucking tiny town in the middle of Greek countryside!

holds 7,616 ? They will have to move the game to a larger stadium - probably Athens

IstanbulEagle you got any pictures of the away end?
The Olympic stadium is a big one, holds over 80K.
If you look over to the right hand side of this picture, I am guessing those are away fans in the corner. Different colours, lots of stewards ...
Ataturk-Olympic-Stadium_Field-view_5487.jpg

Let me give you some new facts about BJK and its #1 firm çArşı...
as some of you may or may not know, last year in Turkey Gezi Riots, Beşiktaş fans -and various football fans- under the roof of çArşı, resist police forces for days in Beşiktaş, Taksim and Dolmabahçe areas.
here is one of the barricades in Dolmabahçe:
besiktas_5641.jpg

well, police forces used excessive forces and passed over numerous barricades, but çArşı used construction site trucks at some point...
130601dolmabahce.hlarge.jpg

and hot-wired an excavator at the Beşiktaş stadium's construction site to stand against police forces' TOMA (Social Riots Intervention Vehicle) and name it POMA (Police Forces Intervention Vehicle) after chasing the gas thrower, water bomber TOMA...
640px-POMA_Bulldozer_Hijacked_by_Carsi_at_Gezi_protests.jpg

well, eventually police forces retreat from Taksim sq. and Dolmabahçe, and hundreds of thousands people celebrate the event at the square:
taksim-taraftar-1.jpeg

the banner in the middle is the most beloved leader, OPTIK BASKAN (R.I.P) of the firm çArşı. (the one with his arms open)...

so... a year passed by... (now the funny part)
last week one of the Istanbul prosecutor prepared an indictment for 35 members of çArşı, claiming them for coup d'etat attempt and trying them to be punished with penal servitude FOR LIFE...

well, this will be a first for football fans' history, a football firm in attempt to coup (with nothing but gas masks, googles, flares and one hell of an excavator :))
the indictment was accepted 3 days ago.
we'll see what will happen next.

ps: a quick cover up of the events in english subtitles.

I think bjk1903 bjk1903 has been misinterpreted. Sorry for the hassles mate, i think that my fellows spurs are trying to suggest that they are not into the whole hooliganism thing and believe that its stupid. I apologise for any wrong doing, and completely understand that you are in it for more or less the right reasons. Of course they just have different thoughts and they're entitled to that. Arguing over two different views like this seems a bit over the top, maybe just ignore them if you dont like what they're saying. Best of luck to you too

Of course you're right, but having two shots at it keeps it interesting for longer - plus as Yorkie says, the prospect of some top night games, with a possible trophy at the end. If it was easy no one would give us credit if we did happen to pull it off.
Of course we need to qualify from our group first, but after that there's plenty of chances for glory. We'll be an outsider and I think that fits us well right now.

Back
Top Bottom