Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couple of posters already making out that the Europa League is beneath them, it's quite sad, yes the format and early rounds leave a lot to be desired but it's still Tottenham playing.

hey everyone this is besiktas fan , I know we met once and we lost , I don't remember we faced uefa cup or friendly game. in the end of the match our fans clapped tottenham squad . ur goalkeeper was paul robinson and u had dimitar berbatov too. it was a good game. I like ur fans much maybe they are the most gentle fans in the UK. u know ''Carsi' well I think. but these are some videos about us

best wishes to you

Last edited:
Alright, dudes. By some stroke of luck the Spurs Gods have shined upon me. I am going to be at Fiorentina Away all the way from Nashville, Tennessee. I can't fucking wait!

These were posted some time ago on this forum, just got them framed up for my brother (he has a "man room" at his house). They have come out well.

IMG_1306.jpg

I got some advice for Spurs fans.If you want to come to Istanbul,you should fly with Turkish Airlines.You can see difference between Turkish Airlines and the others.They are 1st flight company in Europe(2012-2013).

And also Istanbul has 2 continent ,Eu and Asia so you should prefer the your hotels in Eu continent because Ataturk Olympic Stadium is on Eu continent.

And you should visit to Topkapi Palace,Dolmabahce Palace (you can see Besiktas' new stadium next to palace),Rumeli Castle,Grand Bazaar etc..

If you have any question you can ask me ,I will be happy to help you :)

If anyone needs any directions when you're there let me know. I played Assassins Creed 2 so I know Florence like the back of my hand...

It really surprises me how people are so blasé about Spurs' participation in the Europa League this season.

Unbelievably, it's been easily forgotten that CL qualification is at stake this year. Later on this season the Europa League could well become more important than our league position, and I expect Levy has made it very clear to Pochettino that he will have to re-assess his priorities should we progress to the latter stages.

Although Spurs should be playing in Europe every season this competition is by no means 'beneath' us. It's a great opportunity for some of our squad and for the fans themselves. It's allowed the club to experiment with fan led initiatives, serving as a great platform for 1882 and the re-introduction of the drum this season, not to mention cheaper tickets that make it easier for families and younger fans to attend games.

Not forgetting the EL has produced some quality matches in the past few years! Remember Dembele's last minute equaliser v Lyon or when the comeback was on (and then off again) in the second half away at Benfica. It's a big part of our history too.

These early stages, although played against significantly weaker opposition, allow for the rotation of our huge playing squad, and give the younger players the opportunity to play against teams and styles of football they wouldn't otherwise get the chance to experience, which is by no means a bad thing. I would imagine the vast majority of the team that starts against west ham will not even travel to Cyprus, and although the number of games we will have to play is large in number, we shouldn't be worrying about fatigue this early on in the season.

Tl:dr etc but I'm hungover and grumpy

Pochetinno was never one too take cups seriously at Soton. Can't see him changing now.

The Club clearly values Europa as a competition. It is important for Spurs to be in Europe and I think the edict from the board will be to take the competition seriously. Especially with a Champions League spot available this season. The knockout stage doesn't start until February so if our top 4 chances look like a long shot we can go all in on Europa.

However, hopefully Pochettino can figure out how to use his squad more liberally during the group stage. You don't need all 18 points to go through. AVB playing our first team in Europa league games when we had a stranglehold on the group on Thursdays before big weekend league games was the most confusing part of his tenure IMO.

Hopefully some of our more touted youngster like Oglivie, Onomah, Oduwa, Winks, Veljokvic, Pritchard etc. will get a look in as well.

Lifted from AEL's wikipedia page:

Notable fans include London Mayor – Boris Johnson, who upon a visit in 2011 said "What a jolly good football establishment you boys are running here, it is truly splendid."

Asteras Tripolis Football Club (Greek: ΠΑΕ Αστέρας Τρίπολης) is a Greek football club from the town of Tripoli in Arcadia, Greece.
Tripoli (Greek: Τρίπολη, Trípoli, formerly Τρίπολις, Trípolis; earlier Τριπολιτσά Tripolitsa) is a city of about 33,000 inhabitants in the central part of the Peloponnese, in Greece. It is the capital of the regional unit of Arcadia and the centre of the municipality of Tripoli, pop. 47,000.
Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) , formerly known as Asteras Tripolis Stadium, is a football stadium in Tripoli, Greece. The stadium has been the home stadium of Asteras Tripoli F.C. until the construction of the New Asteras Tripolis Stadium. The stadium holds 7,616 seats.

...It's a fucking tiny town in the middle of Greek countryside!

33,000 people. Half must be women = 16,500. If we take all our season ticket holders. We can fuck the whole town!
:bae:

Hi everyone.
Fiorentina fan here.
Available for pre-match discussion and insights on the Viola (and obviously looking for some on the Spurs from you guys).
May the best win.
Peace.

Also, for people whingeing about how we always draw against Eastern European sides, etc.:

THATS THE FUCKING POINT.

Our coefficient is so good that we're not going to be drawn against Western European clubs with similar coefficients. If a Spanish minnow swam up to the group stage, we could probably get them, but clubs like Sevilla, etc., will always be beyond us.

Everton have short travel times since they have to face a club from pot 1. And yet they'll have to go to visit Krasnodar, which is much further than a jaunt to Greece.

Hello from Belgrade.
Looking forward to our match. It will be a quite exciting day for us when we meet in Belgrade. Unfortunately,we need visas for UK so i don't expect much of us traveling to London. We will focus on Istanbul and Greece. If you need some infomation glad to help. Belgrade is a nice city and there are a lot of foreigners here around the year,but when visiting football match i would advise caution if you go without police with some banners,shirts etc. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom