Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is much, much worse than Rose - have you even watched him this season?
I don't watch the Championship. Could just be disinterested.

I could squat in the backfield and curl out a steaming pile that would offer more of an obstruction in defense than Rose has this season for Spurs.

I don't watch the Championship. Could just be disinterested.

I could squat in the backfield and curl out a steaming pile that would offer more of an obstruction in defense than Rose has this season for Spurs.
BAE is 31 next season and has been a calamity at the back for the last 3 - guess which way it would go from here on. We need someone young and vastly superior.

BAE is 31 next season and has been a calamity at the back for the last 3 - guess which way it would go from here on. We need someone young and vastly superior.

Tosh, He was fine under Harry, he underperformed under AVB, but so did everyone, Bale included if you look at how he's playing now....

Sorry he is done - we need someone on the rise not the slide, yes 11-12 he was playing very well, but so was Ledley, life moves on we can ship him out and get someone reliable

Mental ability, especially this season is being highlighted as paramount, Liverpool and their drive while 3 teams try and fuck up 4th place we need players we can rely on and genuinely want to succeed, not ones who show up just for his salary, he seems a nice enough fella but we need focus and quality and consistency from full backs

Looks like Benny's time is up form-wise and some of his social media bollocks is Ill-judged at best.

A top form Benny might have made a massive difference this season but I'm not sure we would have got that.

Problem is that even a bad bae is still better than rose at the moment. At least bae knows where left back is, half the time rose just jogs up the left wing, never tracks back and when he is in the right position often let's players past him thinking verts will deal with it, I have never seen a left back with as bad positioning as rose and it means everyone else has to compensate.

Either we give fryers a go, bring bae back or splash some money on a new left back, if rose doesn't dramatically improve his game and attitude next season we will always have a weak link that big teams in particular will exploit.

I'd take Fryers over Rose any day of the week. And I didn't have a problem with Benny until we started leaving him out of the squad more frequently upon AVB's arrival. He had the mental lapse and mistake occasionally, but I seem to recall the position being filled well by him. At least he knew how to cross the fucking ball. Maybe my memory is that shit?

I'd take Fryers over Rose any day of the week. And I didn't have a problem with Benny until we started leaving him out of the squad more frequently upon AVB's arrival. He had the mental lapse and mistake occasionally, but I seem to recall the position being filled well by him. At least he knew how to cross the fucking ball. Maybe my memory is that shit?

From my recollections, BAEs problem used to be 35 league games of solidity combined with 3 games of errors and mistakes leading to goals. Really quite a good left back who coped well with both defending and attacking (unlike our current options), but had games of no focus and would make mistakes that led to goals (leading to characterisations, IMO)

From my recollections, BAEs problem used to be 35 league games of solidity combined with 3 games of errors and mistakes leading to goals. Really quite a good left back who coped well with both defending and attacking (unlike our current options), but had games of no focus and would make mistakes that led to goals (leading to characterisations, IMO)

He was decent defensively at best

Better moving forward

Seems like another version of Rose for me. Look elsewhere

BAE better crosser than Rose, better positional sense. But he's not as quick, he's a LOT older (twilight of career) and he's not been great for QPR this year in the Championship. I don't think either is the first choice option for next season.

I would be inclined to keep Fryers and ease/progress him through as a backup LB (he can cover CH as well). I say cash in on Rose and BAE to raise the £ to sign a QUALITY LB. [/awaits flaming]

Back
Top Bottom