CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my view we need to go all in on CL. This early in the season surley no one is suffering from fatigue issues. Best team in Moscow and best team versus CIty five days later. Rest players when it is needed.

Is it wrong that I just don't care about this game? I know this one is already pretty much a must win, but after starting so well in the league I really want our team to be at their best against City on Sunday. Atleast they also have an away trip to Glasgow.

I would field a B team.
I agree (and i know we are the minority), just cant be bothered with the CL. The whole format, what it represents, the way the big countries are using it to extend the status quo, the historical merit idea etc.

I hope we win and i'll watch but compared to the city game i see this as a badly planned friendly

Would love to see winks start next to victor. Son, lamela and eriksen in front of them. Back 4 and keeper pick themselves, as does janssen. Suspect dele may start next to wanyama though which isn't his best position for us at the moment.

Strange we had hardly any injuries last season but this they're dropping like flies, way it goes I suppose, not good news though :pochfacepalm:

Hopefully 4 rested players for next Sunday. Not ideal to allow players with injuries travel that far.

Its less than 4 hours for goodness sake. And they are hardly cramped into cattle class.

CtRMW5DXgAAprCM.jpg:large

Last edited:
We've been desperate to get back in the Champions League for years.
Now we're finally there again, we'll take our foot off the throttle for 'easier' or away matches? Fuck that.

Every CL match should be of vital importance.
:lamelaaghh:
I would agree with that if Pochettino wouldn't have made us realistic title contenders in less than two seasons. He has got us so far in just a few months of work. The squad we had at his appointment was a shambles and those players were far away to have anything to do with Champions League football.

It's about setting priorities for me. I have seen, our best players are travelling to Moscow anyway, so I expect Poch to set out the strongest team possible.

I would put out the best players we have for Champions League if we were not good enough to win the League title. Yes, we can go and present ourselves in the Champions League, get into the quarterfinals or maybe even the semis, but if it ends there we go out of the tournament with nothing.

And I think we can win the league with the football we are playing, but we would have to beat City on Sunday.

Don't see an issue with the injuries for this one. I'd play Alli in central midfield with Wanyama and play LamErikSon behind Janssen.

I do hope Dembele and Dier are back for City though.

His is the line up I think MP will put out.

Lloris; Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies; Wanyama, Alli; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Janssen.

Yeah, fairly certain this will be the team.

The only concern really is that Alli will be in a deeper role which as we've seen (particularly in the first half against Monaco) doesn't suit him. He's much better drifting in the space between the lines. Not having Mousa is a huge shame. I'd almost wonder would we be better putting Eriksen beside Bictor? But we've no real evidence that'll work either. Concerning.

Back
Top Bottom