CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone shed light on the record of 11 consecutive wins in Europe held by us (60/61 was mentioned) and will be equal by Pep if City win on Wed?
In answer to my own question...
  • Most consecutive League victories from start of a top flight season: 11 (1960).
  • City are looking to equal this on the weekend against us.
This should add spice and motivation not to lose.

• Most consecutive League victories from start of a top flight season: 11 (1960).
That was league wins. City's wins include cup matches. Our record is safe for a few weeks yet

Going to be very tough for us.
Without Rose, Dembele, Dier, now Sissoko and of course Kane.
So,
Llrois
Davies, toby, Jan, Walker
Wanyama, Dele,
Eriksen, Son, Lamela
Janssen

And an inexperienced bench
We need to get a result in this game and without 4 regular first teamers and now Sissoko.

DeeGee: 1082708 said:
So,
Llrois
Wanyama, Dele,
Eriksen, Son, Lamela
Janssen

We need to get a result in this game and without 4 regular first teamers and now Sissoko.
Win tonight. Confidance is good, playing reasonably well and need to win. You team selected is good and should be enough to get this result.

Can anyone shed light on the record of 11 consecutive wins in Europe held by us (60/61 was mentioned) and will be equal by Pep if City win on Wed?

That was league wins. City's wins include cup matches. Our record is safe for a few weeks yet

This... this... and this!

Although it won't stop Sky from using it as a device all weekend to somehow add 'SKYSPORTSPICE' to Sunday's... sorry Super Sunday's game!

It's 11 consecutive League games... I'm pretty sure a CL Qual against Steaua Bucharest doesn't count! ...well, it does if you're the Man City Press Office... but hey...

It's like when SKY/BBC skew League/Cup games to include only 'Calendar Year results' just so they can get ArseAnal, or at least some Gooner player onto, or near the top of the list!

Although it won't stop Sky from using it as a device all weekend to somehow add 'SKYSPORTSPICE' to Sunday's... sorry Super Sunday's game!

It's 11 consecutive League games... I'm pretty sure a CL Qual against Steaua Bucharest doesn't count! ...well, it does if you're the Man City Press Office... but hey...

It's like when SKY/BBC skew League/Cup games to include only 'Calendar Year results' just so they can get ArseAnal, or at least some Gooner player onto, or near the top of the list!
Thanks for that, putting it right.
I got it wrong on all counts. Celtic is Citys 11th consecutive game to win, so we will be the 12th game (so breaking the record against us-thats the spin). But its all irrelevant anyway.

Harsh to slag Sky off, they did invent football after all.

Tough, tough game. A few key players out, but the players we do have are capable of getting a result.

Their ground holds 30,000 but with the hostile atmosphere I'm sure it'll seem a lot more. Our lads just need to get their head down, play the way we know we can and go for the kill. CSKA have had a few bad results recently.. having being knocked out the cup and held to a 1-1 draw on the weekend. If we play like we did vs Boro in the first half and vs Stoke then we will win. We just can't let the atmosphere and hostility get to us.

So,
Llrois
Wanyama, Dele,
Eriksen, Son, Lamela
Janssen

probably play Davies at left back and Walker at right back ..

Back
Top Bottom