CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it wrong that I just don't care about this game? I know this one is already pretty much a must win, but after starting so well in the league I really want our team to be at their best against City on Sunday. Atleast they also have an away trip to Glasgow.

I would field a B team.
What is the point of qualifying for CL if we do not give it our best shot. I think the doubtful players being Dier, Rose & Dembele will miss it but the rest should play. I heard Sissoko had concussion and is also a doubt.

What is the point of qualifying for CL if we do not give it our best shot. I think the doubtful players being Dier, Rose & Dembele will miss it but the rest should play. I heard Sissoko had concussion and is also a doubt.

Totally agree... we didn't finish 3rd (in a 2 horse race!) for nothing...
True, we didn't win the League, but at the start of the season, any of us would've taken 3rd (I for one would've been happy with 4th, let alone 3rd, let alone a shot at 2nd!...)
...and why? simply 'cos of what it means; AUTOMATIC qualification for Europe's Elite competition.
Like the format/over hype or not... we're in it now... to give our players Top Drawer, elite European experience...
not to field a 'B' team!

giphy.gif
Our best player is out too, it's only fair. Nice of Pep to keep things even.

--------------Lloris------
Walker-Tobes-Verts-Davies
-----Dembele--Dier---
Lamela--Eriksen--Son
-----------Janssen------

Big game, need to get something at least to get off the mark. Long travel there and back, but we are capable of winning here. Alli, N'Kouduo, Wanyama and Sissoko are all capable of coming in as well.

Another big game on Sunday as well, so we need to use the squad as much as we can. Obviously this game is more important but the this year we have the benefit of a stronger squad.

Also, everyone who is going to support the lads, please stay safe! We have the best set of away fans, and let's keep it that way!

Kisses.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I just don't care about this game? I know this one is already pretty much a must win, but after starting so well in the league I really want our team to be at their best against City on Sunday. Atleast they also have an away trip to Glasgow.

I would field a B team.
not for me, best 11.
Best team available lets win this. We seem to be resting a couple of players for the next game without comprising the team selected for the game before. We have a decent enough squad. Weve waited so long gor CL footie, i dont want us to thfough in the towel.

Back
Top Bottom