Chances on Beating Benfica?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don Don We will see, don't know if he will develop into a quality player, at least the quality Benfica needs. Not like when Porto overtook us to sign Falcão :(
Ye, that's true.

But I've met the lad a few times and he is quite fun to talk with. Don't know what stopped him from joining and kept him playing for our local club who is turning into more shit everyday.

Or it is abandoned due to a political uprising in Lisbon In which Maggy Thatcher rises from the grave and becomes queen of the European peninsula with Stalin as her hand maid.

Think outside the box.
gaze.gif

On paper we beat them. Harry can't write, and Tim is likened to Harry: So it depends what Tim scrawls on that paper with his crayon come game day. I would not play any of our English players apart from Walker. If Towny, Lennon, Rose, Daws and Naughton play then no. If he plays our new signings (apart from Soldado) mixed with old stalwarts like Ade, Dembo and the beast etc then we can ragdoll them.

Its important to keep a clean sheet in the first leg. They will be nervous about conceeding in the 2nd leg, just like we were last night.
In both of these games we nedd to be switched on from the start, not just when we are in trouble.

After the first leg I wrote off going through last night, and we made hard work of that in the end.
Benfica are a much better side than Dnipro and I just cant see us over coming them.

After the first leg I wrote off going through last night, and we made hard work of that in the end.
Benfica are a much better side than Dnipro and I just cant see us over coming them.

If that is the case, Then we are not ready for the CL, as Benfica would be one of the lesser teams as it were.
If Goons Chelsea or even Ma Utd were to play Benfica then I'd fully expect all 3 to progress.
We have to look at this game as a chance to go through..

I think we are due a famous win this season and our total failure to pull off a least one good win this year tells me that maybe the omens will be good for this tie. We'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom