Chances on Beating Benfica?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've got a chance, a fighting chance, I soooo want revenge for 62, broke Greavesie's heart that game, even more than missing out on the World Cup Final, I think he said once. Still at least he got his World Cup winners medal, we're still searching for the European Cup.

Doubtful. Good side with a solid defence, especially Garay and Luisao. The stalwart Cardozo up top too. I'd back our midfield with Sandro and Eriksen as better. But considering our profligacy in front of goal, we'd have to play very well. Not out of the question though.

Benfica are favourites, but we are capable of causing an upset. These 2-legged Europa ties with massive fixture congestion are always unpredictable anyway.

I'd say we're actually favourites.

Bookies haven't decided yet of course, but if you look at Betfair the market is ranking the favourites to win the Euro League like this:

1. Juventus
2. Napoli
3. Spurs
4. Benfica
5. Salzburg etc. etc.

Slight favourites but no more than 55/45. Gotta step up and hopefully be injury-free (lol)

COYS

a-chance.gif

It doesn't matter who you face over two legs, as long as you have the opportunity to perform then that should be enough to be competitive. It's going to be very difficult, just a matter of playing expansive football at home and try to take the tie by the scruff of the neck, and playing tidy away from home and hit them on the counter.

Lots of history between Spurs and Benfica:
We owe them one!!

European cup semi finals where they beat us and went on to win the cup.

Highlights Benfica's favorite son the late Eusebio and features their stadium and his statue. Be a great trip to Lisbon that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom