Chances on Beating Benfica?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi,
I'm a Benfica fan and just wanted to share my enthusiasm to face one of the contenders and a great Club. I am sure it will be the best 2 games in the competition. Like our chances but I have no illusions regarding Spurs capability to beat any team. You have great players even without Bale and Modric. Let me know if you want some info on Benfica, I will be proud to share some thoughts.

All the best to you guys,
J.

Hi,
I'm a Benfica fan and just wanted to share my enthusiasm to face one of the contenders and a great Club. I am sure it will be the best 2 games in the competition. Like our chances but I have no illusions regarding Spurs capability to beat any team. You have great players even without Bale and Modric. Let me know if you want some info on Benfica, I will be proud to share some thoughts.

All the best to you guys,
J.
Which of your players is most likely to headbutt one of ours? We need to target them and provoke them.

a-chance.gif

Thank you. We have talent in the attack but the defense has proven to be our strongest asset in the last couple of months (1 goal conceded in the last 14 matches, including fixtures against Porto and Sporting, our main rivals). Regarding the offensive players, we usually play Markovic in the right (Salvio is just returning from a 6 month injury), Gaitan in the left and two strikers (Lima and Rodrigo because Cardozo has been injured and is not in top form). Clearly Markovic will be the biggest star, I am sure he will play for one of the major clubs in Europe in 2 years. Sulejmani hasn't played much and he is not part of the starting squad. Funes Mori sucks :)

Can someone send Timmy this info it's bound to be more in depth than our opposition scouting! Thank you sir

Greetings, Spurs fans!

Benfica supporter here, wishing everyone the best of luck in the Premiership. As for our tie in the Europa League, I am certain that it will be the highlight of the last 16. Obviously I do not wish you to progress to the quarter-finals at our expense, but I hope we will have two great matches without any injuries on both sides.

Should you happen to knock us out (like they said in Naked Gun, it's a 50/50 chance for each side, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that), I won't be too disappointed. Tottenham are a good team, so there would be no shame in losing, and that would mean Benfica could focus entirely on the league. If we do not win it this year, I assume many folks will just walk out to sea and drown, like lemmings. Honestly, after last year it would just be too heartbreaking.

Cheers!

Its important to keep a clean sheet in the first leg. They will be nervous about conceeding in the 2nd leg, just like we were last night.
In both of these games we nedd to be switched on from the start, not just when we are in trouble.

And we had those nights as teams would literally shit themselves playng us at WHL......read any of the old biogrpahies and the amount of teams whose players melted under the WHL lights was immense, i saw a glimpse of that last night and want Benfica to feel the same when they come here......but its priced Cat C and its likely a lot of tickets will go to the usual limp melts who turn up for our premier league games ' expecting ' a win.....anyway ticket or not ticket i am off to Lisbon, chance to visit a great stadium and sing for the fucking shirt away from all this top 4 bollocks......

Thank you. We have talent in the attack but the defense has proven to be our strongest asset in the last couple of months (1 goal conceded in the last 14 matches, including fixtures against Porto and Sporting, our main rivals). Regarding the offensive players, we usually play Markovic in the right (Salvio is just returning from a 6 month injury), Gaitan in the left and two strikers (Lima and Rodrigo because Cardozo has been injured and is not in top form). Clearly Markovic will be the biggest star, I am sure he will play for one of the major clubs in Europe in 2 years. Sulejmani hasn't played much and he is not part of the starting squad. Funes Mori sucks :)

After the first leg I wrote off going through last night, and we made hard work of that in the end.
Benfica are a much better side than Dnipro and I just cant see us over coming them.

If that is the case, Then we are not ready for the CL, as Benfica would be one of the lesser teams as it were.
If Goons Chelsea or even Ma Utd were to play Benfica then I'd fully expect all 3 to progress.
We have to look at this game as a chance to go through..

Back
Top Bottom