Chances on Beating Benfica?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that in the MLB, teams cannot be promoted nor relegated - so teams from say Cuba, Mexico or Puerto rico are playing Minor league and work as feeder teams to MLB teams. Not sure why MLB is being discussed in a Spurs forum at all, but that's my understanding of it.

Each MLB has about 3 minor league teams of their own. A, AA, AAA

Half of Central America plays MLB it seems.

I would like to see Walker back. A little speed in the back would be nice.

Greetings, Spurs fans!

Benfica supporter here, wishing everyone the best of luck in the Premiership. As for our tie in the Europa League, I am certain that it will be the highlight of the last 16. Obviously I do not wish you to progress to the quarter-finals at our expense, but I hope we will have two great matches without any injuries on both sides.

Should you happen to knock us out (like they said in Naked Gun, it's a 50/50 chance for each side, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that), I won't be too disappointed. Tottenham are a good team, so there would be no shame in losing, and that would mean Benfica could focus entirely on the league. If we do not win it this year, I assume many folks will just walk out to sea and drown, like lemmings. Honestly, after last year it would just be too heartbreaking.

Cheers!

Benfica is a whole lot weaker now without Matic.

Now Spurs midfield will overrun theirs...

gotit.gif

50% - 50% chances before the meeting,anyway, Spurs to be careful to not concede a goal on W.H.L,even if the result will end 0-0, it's more better than 1-1 or 2-2 on our pitch...careful in defense ,and try to score one goal or two at least ...1-0 or 2-0 on our pitch in the first leg would be great...Benfica play very well on away pitches (well organized in their defense,fast on counter-attack)

Actually the old 50/50 bollocks is bollocks because in a two legged tie you have a 33.33·% chance of winning losing or drawing then it's a 33.33·% chance of winning losing or drawing in the 2nd leg. If we draw in the home leg 1 - 1 and draw 2 - 2 in the second leg then it's a draw on aggregate but we beat them without actually winning so to sum up it's 50/50.

What side do you play before Woolwich? Sandro won't be able to do two games in three days. Hopefully everyone else is ok.

Back
Top Bottom